Tony threw 2 INTs?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Witten put a hand on that ball and it flung into the air. Coaches always taught us if you get a hand on the ball you need to pull it in or swat it down if you can't make the catch. That is on Witten

that's ridiculous, the ball was behind him, what would you prefer, let it go right into the arms of the defender or try to catch it...that pass is on Romo, Witten was open rolling with romo towards the sidelines..

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
the first one is on Romo, that ball was way behind Witten

well I agree it was a little behind Witten and we can call that on Romo, but you and I know that Witten looked quite nonchalant with his attempt there on a pass he would normally catch. he was like ho hum oh well, until it went the other way of course. Alot of the team was playing kinda rusty and aloof for all of first half and some into 2nd.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Giants always seemed to get cheap tipped passes for INT's against Tony.
They always get some stupid lucky play offense or defense.

yeah I said this out loud.... even Coughlin had to defend his team coming out of halftime saying "oh those werent lucky turnovers, they were earned"

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
well I agree it was a little behind Witten and we can call that on Romo, but you and I know that Witten looked quite nonchalant with his attempt there on a pass he would normally catch. he was like ho hum oh well, until it went the other way of course. Alot of the team was playing kinda rusty and aloof for all of first half and some into 2nd.

I agree the team was in a fog most of the game, starters not playing enough in preseason as far as I'm concerned, this game resembled the SF last year, sloppy but at least there wasn't a lot of penalties except the usual Witten false start penalty

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
that's ridiculous, the ball was behind him, what would you prefer, let it go right into the arms of the defender or try to catch it...that pass is on Romo, Witten was open rolling with romo towards the sidelines..

If he couldn't catch it then bat the ball down. Not make a half azz effort and let it fly into the air to get picked off

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
If he couldn't catch it then bat the ball down. Not make a half azz effort and let it fly into the air to get picked off

have you ever played the game, try running an out at full speed and reach back for a ball thrown three feet behind you...he barely got his fingers on it and you're saying knock it down...you're funny!!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Giants always seemed to get cheap tipped passes for INT's against Tony.
They always get some stupid lucky play offense or defense.

Remember the deflection off Witten's foot some years back? Flukey stuff like that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
3 interceptions charged to him and several drops but he still had a rating over 100. I marvel at Tony Romo.
Me too

But 2 ints

One semi-legit the other was a fumble by Street.
But anyway, he was credited with 2

DFWJC

Reaction score
have you ever played the game, try running an out at full speed and reach back for a ball thrown three feet behind you...he barely got his fingers on it and you're saying knock it down...you're funny!!

Yeah, that was tip pick.

I saw Tony and Witten talking on the sideline.
I thought it was timing resulting in Romo throwing behind Jason, but it sounds like they weren't on the same page entirely.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
I'm not positive but because possession wasn't clearly established and didn't hit the ground, it's an INT. Witten catches his 99 times out of 100 too. Not a good throw by Tony but Jason normally gets that.

Actually, I've seen a number of passes thrown behind Witten, that he tipped and were intercepted. Not his fault on this one. Moved with Romo when he started to scramble. Romo threw it to where he had sat down, thinking he would stay there.