Too bad Jax already has a rb-Zeke major connection

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Let me see. I am just starting out with a fresh new young team with tons of draft picks. What should I do? I know I will hitch my wagon to a fat declining bum of a running back who has already been suspended multiple times, held out years ahead of time for more money, became the highest paid RB in the NFL, proceeded to fall off a cliff and has been an integral piece of a complete failure. Yeah solid plan.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I wouldn't say no one. If I get Lawrence you aren't expected to win right away but you want to take advantage of his rookie years under that contract. IMO, it would be smart to trade for ZEke if you think he's still a elite back. Or you could just stick with Robinson he played well last year.
I just dont see it happening, if you draft TL, you can spend that money so much more wisely other than on Zeke.

aria

Reaction score
I wouldn't say no one. If I get Lawrence you aren't expected to win right away but you want to take advantage of his rookie years under that contract. IMO, it would be smart to trade for ZEke if you think he's still a elite back. Or you could just stick with Robinson he played well last year.
Does Jacksonville have a top 5-10 O line? Because if not, zeke is worth nothing close to his contract and if so then you can pick up a veteran FA or draft a rookie and get similar results without having to pay the highest RB in the league.

Not a single team will take on that contract as it is, Jerry is the laughing stock of the league when it comes to GM’ing.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I don't think Zeke was healthy, they just didn't advertise it. In the Eagles game he looked fresh and somewhat healthy and added 139 yards to the offense.
Obesity is a health killer

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We saw former Ohio State HC, Urban Meyer accepting the Jacksonville Head Coach position this week. Now there are rumors that Scott Linehan could join him as the new OC. Both coaches have major ties with Zeke Elliot, his former college HC and his former OC with the Cowboys in which he built an offense around his talents.

Jax doesn't have many quality players as they are in a rebuild, but they do have a quality back in James Robinson. This would take away any interest of acquiring Zeke Elliot.

Unlike many, I still am a big Zeke supporter, but realize he is way overpaid, especially now with the offense centered around their passing attack and their 3 top WR's.
Rats!

fansince68

Reaction score
We saw former Ohio State HC, Urban Meyer accepting the Jacksonville Head Coach position this week. Now there are rumors that Scott Linehan could join him as the new OC. Both coaches have major ties with Zeke Elliot, his former college HC and his former OC with the Cowboys in which he built an offense around his talents.

Jax doesn't have many quality players as they are in a rebuild, but they do have a quality back in James Robinson. This would take away any interest of acquiring Zeke Elliot.

Unlike many, I still am a big Zeke supporter, but realize he is way overpaid, especially now with the offense centered around their passing attack and their 3 top WR's.
I'm a big fan of Zeke also, but lets be clear. Tony Pollard is NOT the answer if Zeke leaves.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Zeke also, but lets be clear. Tony Pollard is NOT the answer if Zeke leaves.
I'm with you, Zeke is still a a quality workhorse back. Biggest issue, without the explosiveness not worth the contract he signed.

Reactions: CWR

TwentyOne

Reaction score

I have major ties with Zeke also.

So if DC likes to trade him with me i would take 25 mils Dollars and a 3 year Deal at Burger King for him.

Call me. Its 555-Dr.Belly.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well perhaps Urban Meyer and Co. want to help make a big splash in Jacksonville beyond drafting Trevor Lawrence and make a trade for Elliott and Dallas gets back James Robinson and a draft pick.
No coach would take zeke over Robinson.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm with you, Zeke is still a a quality workhorse back. Biggest issue, without the explosiveness not worth the contract he signed.

zeke is no longer a top back. Why would anyone want to give him the ball 25 times a game? It’s inefficient.