Too many distractions. not a good start to camp

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I'd be ok if one of my 90 coworkers missed a pre-work test and another had to get his own ride to get to work on time. I don't imagine it'd send me into a tizzy that kept me from focusing then next 9 months, anyway. But maybe that's just me.

Yeah, and how many of the holier than thou, he missed the flight type have been later for work....how many times have many, if not almost everyone, woke up feeling sick. Only to call into to work, then feel better an hour later. But did they go into work late, or take the day off anyway.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you have 90,000 people live and millions on TV watching you work on a daily basis? What's your annual salary? $10 million? $15 million? $20 million?

I don't think Irving is making that kind of $$$, did he sign a new contract and I missed it....did 90,000 people see this, and if you polled them, would 90,000 people say cut the guy....You may get 5,000 holier than thou nut cases to agree, but will soon be ok after he knocks the living crap out of some QB.

Your example is a bit extreme there.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still don't see him being suspended.

At worst, there will be a lengthy appeal process. If Zeke is suspended for never even facing a charge, much less a conviction, it is going to set a precedent that will alarm every player on the NFL.

If they do suspend him, they better appeal it. If they just take it in the butt like usual, some things must change for sure.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you have 90,000 people live and millions on TV watching you work on a daily basis? What's your annual salary? $10 million? $15 million? $20 million?

What does any of that have to do with anything? None of it is a factor as far as distractions go.

Dez getting fined for being late for a conditioning test, or whatever ends up happening will be a complete non-issue by week one. Which means it's a non-issue now.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"I think it's ok if one player out of 90 doesn't follow dress code for a flight. I can't imagine the head coach getting upset about it or relating that to my focus/commitment." -Marion Barber circa 2010/Christine Michael & Corey White circa 2015.

That's the season where the team turned 1-7 into 5-3. What point are you trying to make exactly?

Lump dress code violations in with fines for being late and with missing chartered flights. These are minor logistical issues every team faces.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Getting to practices with plenty of sweat and all this goes away.

I have to say when Jerry made a passing comment that he will not take it lightly if Zeke ends up benched because of this dispute which occurred in Ohio.

If Mara forces the league ti sit Zeke, the Civil War part II will erupt, maybe eclipsing Al Davis' first version.

Frankly, I think that would be good for the league and good for this team.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Getting to practices with plenty of sweat and all this goes away.

I have to say when Jerry made a passing comment that he will not take it lightly if Zeke ends up benched because of this dispute which occurred in Ohio.

If Mara forces the league ti sit Zeke, the Civil War part II will erupt, maybe eclipsing Al Davis' first version.

Frankly, I think that would be good for the league and good for this team.
He should. If he can't stop Zeke's suspension he should at least go after other team's player. Nobody is a saint.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just have no excitement whatsoever for the season right now. Maybe that changes as it turns to fall but this offseason has been a disaster and another reminder of why this team doesn't win anymore.

Stoked to see Darren McFadden in the backfield for the opener while Zeke is shelved.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Except for the Zeke stuff, it's not a big deal. After Zeke returns from suspension even that news isn't a big deal any more. They will be ready to play when it counts.

It all seems much larger than it really is because it's all there is to see right now. People better man up though because we still have injuries to go as training camp and the preseason unfolds. With that being said, none of that changes the fact that this team has as good of a shot as any in the NFC to do something special ... and if that's true ... you should try and enjoy the journey.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
I just have no excitement whatsoever for the season right now. Maybe that changes as it turns to fall but this offseason has been a disaster and another reminder of why this team doesn't win anymore.

Stoked to see Darren McFadden in the backfield for the opener while Zeke is shelved.
I'm right there with you right now. I guess mainly because I really can't stand pre-season, and I dont get excited about practice.

I'm still saying it: 8-8

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm right there with you right now. I guess mainly because I really can't stand pre-season, and I dont get excited about practice.

I'm still saying it: 8-8
I said it before knowing our history I can't disagree. I hope you're wrong though. This team should compete.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

Can't wait to see him play. Look at the pain and shame he has on his face. Reminds me of Waterboy