Too many distractions. not a good start to camp

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
too many distractions this past off season. Zeke been on front page all summer. Now, its simple, get to the facilities and onboard to California. McFadden misses the charter!!! how. get there early...be an hour early. who cares.... Irvin is a no show....and Scandrick decides to fly on his own...and pay for it...so pay to go to dallas and go with the team....and Das has had one good season and there is a show about him and coming home to family...and Dez misses the charter....yes I get it....migranes..... but it seems there is a lot of little stuff...

these guys are young...someone needs to drive them..... they can't take this for granted...you don't just show up and win. everyone shows up...... the little things...yes all the little things count.... not saying these little things matter in the game...but its attention to detail, preparation, planning, part of your personality.... will it carry to everyday activities of being a football player?....

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the media has conditioned us to project severe implications for each and every little nuance they report on,,,, you have to remember these things occur in a reality that contains millions of variables and these supposed consequences may not be what popular opinion says they are. Distractions? How about Emmitt fighting with Jerry all off-season and holding out for two games? How about Duane Thomas's year long protest about his pay or the crazy Morton/Staubach drama? Heck,,, maybe the off-field noise actually helps! or maybe it really doesn't matter much at all.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should the thread title be.....

Too many distracted over nothing at all....message boards go all TMZ....
Camp Starts, all is good and well over initial hyper-reactions.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
X player from any team misses the charter, is late....will not be mentioned, much.
If Tom Brady misses the team charter for TC, or is late...how many of you will react the same way?
And do not give the excuse he has "skins on the wall" BS reasons...it is a new season, all starts fresh.

Proximo

Reaction score
LOL

What in the world is going on around here.

This what the Internet, media, Twitter, etc has turned pro football fandom into-

Literally, every single thing that occurs is "news".

And every one of these "little pieces of news" is magnified and then we get to hear everyone and their brothers' opinion on what is essentially nothing.

So much so that the admin of this board actually had to re-brand one of the forums as "the drama zone", lol.

Reaction score
X player from any team misses the charter, is late....will not be mentioned, much.
If Tom Brady misses the team charter for TC, or is late...how many of you will react the same way?
And do not give the excuse he has "skins on the wall" BS reasons...it is a new season, all starts fresh.
Brady has 5 Super Bowls.

Darren Mcfaddon has..............nada.

Reaction score
LOL

What in the world is going on around here.

This what the Internet, media, Twitter, etc has turned pro football fandom into-

Literally, every single thing that occurs is "news".

And every one of these "little pieces of news" is magnified and then we get to hear everyone and their brothers' opinion on what is essentially nothing.

So much so that the admin of this board actually had to re-brand one of the forums as "the drama zone", lol.
People just want the players to behave like the professionials they claim to be.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I'd be ok if one of my 90 coworkers missed a pre-work test and another had to get his own ride to get to work on time. I don't imagine it'd send me into a tizzy that kept me from focusing then next 9 months, anyway. But maybe that's just me.

Reaction score
I think I'd be ok if one of my 90 coworkers missed a pre-work test and another had to get his own ride to get to work on time. I don't imagine it'd send me into a tizzy that kept me from focusing then next 9 months, anyway. But maybe that's just me.
Do you have 90,000 people live and millions on TV watching you work on a daily basis? What's your annual salary? $10 million? $15 million? $20 million?

Proximo

Reaction score
People just want the players to behave like the professionials they claim to be.

No....they really just want a reason to be "up in arms". This stuff is stupid.

The most professional people in corporate America are still late to meetings from time to time....or miss work....or stay out too late when they have work in the morning...or have personal things come up. It's called being human.

This stuff is not news. It's not important. And it's not going to affect our season in the grand scheme of things (the exception of course being if EE gets suspended).

Some people are only happy if they have something to complain about.

robjay04

Reaction score
Except for the Zeke stuff, it's not a big deal. After Zeke returns from suspension even that news isn't a big deal any more. They will be ready to play when it counts.

Still don't see him being suspended.

At worst, there will be a lengthy appeal process. If Zeke is suspended for never even facing a charge, much less a conviction, it is going to set a precedent that will alarm every player on the NFL.

Zordon

Reaction score
"I think it's ok if one player out of 90 doesn't follow dress code for a flight. I can't imagine the head coach getting upset about it or relating that to my focus/commitment." -Marion Barber circa 2010/Christine Michael & Corey White circa 2015.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No....they really just want a reason to be "up in arms". This stuff is stupid.

The most professional people in corporate America are still late to meetings from time to time....or miss work....or stay out too late when they have work in the morning...or have personal things come up. It's called being human.

This stuff is not news. It's not important. And it's not going to affect our season in the grand scheme of things (the exception of course being if EE gets suspended).

Some people are only happy if they have something to complain about.

David Irving screwed up "Cowboys are not pleased". You should tell them that they're wrong the same way your telling fans who are upset.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still don't see him being suspended.

At worst, there will be a lengthy appeal process. If Zeke is suspended for never even facing a charge, much less a conviction, it is going to set a precedent that will alarm every player on the NFL.

I definitely agree with this. To let it go would be opening Pandora's box and giving the league the ability to dictate with impunity and suspend with no rhyme or reason. However they see fit, facts be damned. You let that go and the next thing you'll have is a back room game among owners looking for competitive advantages any way they can get them. Which, by the way, is what's starting to happen already.