Too many Shell Shocked/PTSD fans here

It’s been 30 years….can’t really claim you’re a winner after that long. Gotta dial back the standards…or don’t. I just don’t expect much knowing what I’ve seen from Jerry led teams.
That's called having complacency with one's team. Is complacency a good thing? I'm of the opinion once you choose a team you should be a fan for life, no matter the good or bad. That doesn't mean I will lower my standards and expectation or become complacent about my feelings for the team. Like I said, there are different expectation for different eras. If the team is in a rebuilding phase you are a bit more forgiving. The Romo and Dak era kind of bleed in with one and other because both quarterbacks are good quarterbacks and not much has changed. That is why the expectation is, if the quarterback tier stays the same, we should have done better than 2014 by now.
 
That's called having complacency with one's team. Is complacency a good thing? I'm of the opinion once you choose a team you should be a fan for life, no matter the good or bad. That doesn't mean I will lower my standards and expectation or become complacent about my feelings for the team. Like I said, there are different expectation for different eras. If the team is in a rebuilding phase you are a bit more forgiving. The Romo and Dak era kind of bleed in with one and other because both quarterbacks are good quarterbacks and not much has changed. That is why the expectation is, if the quarterback tier stays the same, we should have done better than 2014 by now.
In the form of this team? I can’t say that’s complacency. We don’t have Jimmy Johnson or Landry. We don’t have Irvin. We don’t have Smith. I can’t hold this 2026 to the 70s and 90s standards. We just in another thread talked about how fans got their chest out after going 2-2…..the standard gets raised when they show me they are a champion. They don’t get to leach off past champions.

I don’t believe Cowboys issues are Dak and Romo. I believe Cowboys issues have been improper roster building and poor head coaching hires.

No one hires Wade Phillips and is serious about winning a ring. That’s all the coaching hires. No one is serious about winning and sees the teams winning championships have guys like Jalen Carter, Chris Jones, Aaron Donald, Vita Vea..:.Jerry gave you Mazi Smith….


So yeah I’ve had to lower my standards because I can’t be a fool. I know what you need to win in this league. Every single NFL champion has it. Not all teams are alike but all champions have the same foundation. Good coaching and solid in the trenches. Everything else follows. It’s simple.
 
I’m not one to tell fans how to fan. If you love drinking urine in your cereal to start your day just to punish yourself, then by all means, enjoy. Lol.

Having said that, I see people who want to lump 30 plus years of futility into THIS season. Every mistake made by a coach or a player is the end of the world and is a sign that “nothing has changed”.

Shotty is a good example of that. Some have already written him off, due to various issues/mistakes. A person has every right to do that, if they choose.

But I hate to break it to some of you that even the best coaches make mistakes. Even Belichick made mistakes from time to time. Brady helped cover some of those mistakes. Winning is the ultimate deodorizer for mistakes.

Keep in mind that nothing is going to be perfect. Some things do take time. Maybe this year will turn out like all the rest. But I’m going to enjoy the ride and see what happens. Maybe we will eventually catch lightning in a bottle.

We do have some things to be encouraged about. This rookie draft class looks like it will be pretty solid. The personnel has been upgraded. Jerry has a sense of urgency. NFCE is bad this year. Playoffs here we come.
Unfortunately we don't have Tom Brady to cure our smell.
 
In the form of this team? I can’t say that’s complacency. We don’t have Jimmy Johnson or Landry. We don’t have Irvin. We don’t have Smith. I can’t hold this 2026 to the 70s and 90s standards. We just in another thread talked about how fans got their chest out after going 2-2…..the standard gets raised when they show me they are a champion. They don’t get to leach off past champions.

I don’t believe Cowboys issues are Dak and Romo. I believe Cowboys issues have been improper roster building and poor head coaching hires.

No one hires Wade Phillips and is serious about winning a ring. That’s all the coaching hires. No one is serious about winning and sees the teams winning championships have guys like Jalen Carter, Chris Jones, Aaron Donald, Vita Vea..:.Jerry gave you Mazi Smith….


So yeah I’ve had to lower my standards because I can’t be a fool. I know what you need to win in this league. Every single NFL champion has it. Not all teams are alike but all champions have the same foundation. Good coaching and solid in the trenches. Everything else follows. It’s simple.
I'm a Jerry hater and I wear that badge with honor. Heck I gave him a shot after Jimmy. I gave switzer a shot but I saw the 90's cowboys give up on him, and I think even the commentators mentioned it during the game it happened on. Dunno if that was the first time I saw a team give up on a head coach, since that is so long ago. I know the Eagles gave up on Ray Rhodes because he was too strict or something which is around that time I think.

Anyway, its true we are in a dire situation right now with Jerry, and coaches that are not leaders. I know we can get to the playoffs, and then the coaches are not going to prep the team and we won't play playoff quality football and all be on the same page. I still expect improvement, when the quarterback tier has not fallen, and we haven't done a rebuild.
 
I’m not one to tell fans how to fan. If you love drinking urine in your cereal to start your day just to punish yourself, then by all means, enjoy. Lol.

Having said that, I see people who want to lump 30 plus years of futility into THIS season. Every mistake made by a coach or a player is the end of the world and is a sign that “nothing has changed”.

Shotty is a good example of that. Some have already written him off, due to various issues/mistakes. A person has every right to do that, if they choose.

But I hate to break it to some of you that even the best coaches make mistakes. Even Belichick made mistakes from time to time. Brady helped cover some of those mistakes. Winning is the ultimate deodorizer for mistakes.

Keep in mind that nothing is going to be perfect. Some things do take time. Maybe this year will turn out like all the rest. But I’m going to enjoy the ride and see what happens. Maybe we will eventually catch lightning in a bottle.

We do have some things to be encouraged about. This rookie draft class looks like it will be pretty solid. The personnel has been upgraded. Jerry has a sense of urgency. NFCE is bad this year. Playoffs here we come.
It’s not just this season, it goes back a long long time.
This front office does things that you can’t get away with in an ultra competitive league.
Hiring on the job training HC twice!
Extending the wrong players.
Making bone headed trades
The list is longer but there’s a few examples.
It’s hard following a team with no chance to win the SB because they can’t get out of their own way.
Rant over…..
 
In the form of this team? I can’t say that’s complacency. We don’t have Jimmy Johnson or Landry. We don’t have Irvin. We don’t have Smith. I can’t hold this 2026 to the 70s and 90s standards. We just in another thread talked about how fans got their chest out after going 2-2…..the standard gets raised when they show me they are a champion. They don’t get to leach off past champions.

I don’t believe Cowboys issues are Dak and Romo. I believe Cowboys issues have been improper roster building and poor head coaching hires.

No one hires Wade Phillips and is serious about winning a ring. That’s all the coaching hires. No one is serious about winning and sees the teams winning championships have guys like Jalen Carter, Chris Jones, Aaron Donald, Vita Vea..:.Jerry gave you Mazi Smith….


So yeah I’ve had to lower my standards because I can’t be a fool. I know what you need to win in this league. Every single NFL champion has it. Not all teams are alike but all champions have the same foundation. Good coaching and solid in the trenches. Everything else follows. It’s simple.
Ref the bold: And then Jerry followed that up by hiring Garrett, a very desperate McCarthy, and a career assistant who had been passed over by who knows how many teams for over 20 years.

There are other reasons why I stopped thinking Jerry was interested in winning, but those head-scratching coaching hires are near the top of the list.

It just blows my mind that there are fans out there who actually believe Jerry's proclaimed desire to win when there are over 30 years of bad decisions that have provided mounds of evidence to the contrary.
 
Ref the bold: And then Jerry followed that up by hiring Garrett, a very desperate McCarthy, and a career assistant who had been passed over by who knows how many teams for over 20 years.

There are other reasons why I stopped thinking Jerry was interested in winning, but those head-scratching coaching hires are near the top of the list.

It just blows my mind that there are fans out there who actually believe Jerry's proclaimed desire to win when there are over 30 years of bad decisions that have provided mounds of evidence to the contrary.
It blows my mind when you get jumped on by some people when being critical of Jerry and then they go put down Jimmy in the same thread.
 
It’s been 30 years….can’t really claim you’re a winner after that long. Gotta dial back the standards…or don’t. I just don’t expect much knowing what I’ve seen from Jerry led teams.
There's a fine line between "proper motivation"/mantra and delusion. Jimmy seemed to always know where the line was. I think Parcells did as well. Unfortunately, Jerry doesn't, Stephen doesn't. (huge problem)...Most coaches and people don't. Reality sometimes has to come into play. The best coaches especially can walk the line, I think..
 
I’m not one to tell fans how to fan. If you love drinking urine in your cereal to start your day just to punish yourself, then by all means, enjoy. Lol.

Having said that, I see people who want to lump 30 plus years of futility into THIS season. Every mistake made by a coach or a player is the end of the world and is a sign that “nothing has changed”.

Shotty is a good example of that. Some have already written him off, due to various issues/mistakes. A person has every right to do that, if they choose.

But I hate to break it to some of you that even the best coaches make mistakes. Even Belichick made mistakes from time to time. Brady helped cover some of those mistakes. Winning is the ultimate deodorizer for mistakes.

Keep in mind that nothing is going to be perfect. Some things do take time. Maybe this year will turn out like all the rest. But I’m going to enjoy the ride and see what happens. Maybe we will eventually catch lightning in a bottle.

We do have some things to be encouraged about. This rookie draft class looks like it will be pretty solid. The personnel has been upgraded. Jerry has a sense of urgency. NFCE is bad this year. Playoffs here we come.
"Even Belichick made mistakes from time to time."

Belichick has 8 super Bowl wins. Junior Schottenheimer has ...
Please, don't make these faulty comparisons, even for discussion sakes.
Now, if you compared Junior to a Campo or Garrett, that would be ti digest.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,221
Messages
14,673,537
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top