Too many Shell Shocked/PTSD fans here

Verdict

Well-Known Member
Messages
27,638
Reaction score
22,190
I’m not one to tell fans how to fan. If you love drinking urine in your cereal to start your day just to punish yourself, then by all means, enjoy. Lol.

Having said that, I see people who want to lump 30 plus years of futility into THIS season. Every mistake made by a coach or a player is the end of the world and is a sign that “nothing has changed”.

Shotty is a good example of that. Some have already written him off, due to various issues/mistakes. A person has every right to do that, if they choose.

But I hate to break it to some of you that even the best coaches make mistakes. Even Belichick made mistakes from time to time. Brady helped cover some of those mistakes. Winning is the ultimate deodorizer for mistakes.

Keep in mind that nothing is going to be perfect. Some things do take time. Maybe this year will turn out like all the rest. But I’m going to enjoy the ride and see what happens. Maybe we will eventually catch lightning in a bottle.

We do have some things to be encouraged about. This rookie draft class looks like it will be pretty solid. The personnel has been upgraded. Jerry has a sense of urgency. NFCE is bad this year. Playoffs here we come.
 
I’m not one to tell fans how to fan. This rookie draft class looks like it will be pretty solid. The personnel has been upgraded. Jerry has a sense of urgency. NFCE is bad this year. Playoffs here we come.
I think there are like 4 picks we have?
 
I’m not one to tell fans how to fan. If you love drinking urine in your cereal to start your day just to punish yourself, then by all means, enjoy. Lol.

Having said that, I see people who want to lump 30 plus years of futility into THIS season. Every mistake made by a coach or a player is the end of the world and is a sign that “nothing has changed”.

Shotty is a good example of that. Some have already written him off, due to various issues/mistakes. A person has every right to do that, if they choose.

But I hate to break it to some of you that even the best coaches make mistakes. Even Belichick made mistakes from time to time. Brady helped cover some of those mistakes. Winning is the ultimate deodorizer for mistakes.

Keep in mind that nothing is going to be perfect. Some things do take time. Maybe this year will turn out like all the rest. But I’m going to enjoy the ride and see what happens. Maybe we will eventually catch lightning in a bottle.

We do have some things to be encouraged about. This rookie draft class looks like it will be pretty solid. The personnel has been upgraded. Jerry has a sense of urgency. NFCE is bad this year. Playoffs here we come.
I think a lot of people are reacting the way they are because the cowboys have objectively one of the worst defenses in the league right now by most metrics and it’s a continuation of last season.

Should reasonable fans have watched the first 4 games and been like “yea man this defense is ready to compete for a Super Bowl right now”?
 
Hey guys just be positive ........ the thread

81X6QyVWVRL._SL1500_.jpg
 
<sigh>

Every year someone makes a thread like this.
And it always is forgotten about because the end result is always the same. You all remember in Predator 2 when King Willie throws the bones down and said, "it's always the same"? You cannot stop what can't be stopped and that's the Cowboys blowing it somehow, someway. Good money since 1997.
 
See if you can spot the differences... 2001..
I’m not one to tell fans how to fan. If you love drinking urine in your cereal to start your day just to punish yourself, then by all means, enjoy. Lol.

Having said that, I see people who want to lump 5 plus years of futility into THIS season. Every mistake made by a coach or a player is the end of the world and is a sign that “nothing has changed”.

Campo is a good example of that. Some have already written him off, due to various issues/mistakes. A person has every right to do that, if they choose.

But I hate to break it to some of you that even the best coaches make mistakes. Even Landry made mistakes from time to time. Brady helped cover some of those mistakes. Winning is the ultimate deodorizer for mistakes.

Keep in mind that nothing is going to be perfect. Some things do take time. Maybe this year will turn out like all the rest. But I’m going to enjoy the ride and see what happens. Maybe we will eventually catch lightning in a bottle.

We do have some things to be encouraged about. This rookie draft class looks like it will be pretty solid. The personnel has been upgraded. Jerry has a sense of urgency. NFCE is bad this year. Playoffs here we come.
2026...
I’m not one to tell fans how to fan. If you love drinking urine in your cereal to start your day just to punish yourself, then by all means, enjoy. Lol.

Having said that, I see people who want to lump 30 plus years of futility into THIS season. Every mistake made by a coach or a player is the end of the world and is a sign that “nothing has changed”.

Shotty is a good example of that. Some have already written him off, due to various issues/mistakes. A person has every right to do that, if they choose.

But I hate to break it to some of you that even the best coaches make mistakes. Even Belichick made mistakes from time to time. Brady helped cover some of those mistakes. Winning is the ultimate deodorizer for mistakes.

Keep in mind that nothing is going to be perfect. Some things do take time. Maybe this year will turn out like all the rest. But I’m going to enjoy the ride and see what happens. Maybe we will eventually catch lightning in a bottle.

We do have some things to be encouraged about. This rookie draft class looks like it will be pretty solid. The personnel has been upgraded. Jerry has a sense of urgency. NFCE is bad this year. Playoffs here we come.
Pretty much the same every year in between. Until they show something, while I am always a Cowboy fan at heart, I will no longer believe it until I see it (though it doesn't change how I root for them on Sundays, or this week Thursday).
 
Speaking of…I normally only visit around the draft but check in if something interesting happens and I noticed that Mountaineer was not posting. Am I allowed to ask if there is a backstory or is there a gag order in place?
Hadn't heard but probably shoo'ed away like CowboyRoy. Too controversial for a family forum even though there is no one under like 40 here. LOL
 
Having said that, I see people who want to lump 30 plus years of futility into THIS season. Every mistake made by a coach or a player is the end of the world and is a sign that “nothing has changed”.
Gee, why would people recognize patterns over the last 30 years that are STILL in place? The architect of all of this is Jerry and he is still calling the shots, and its why people are justifiably skeptical.

You are ultimately trying to tell people how to fan. If you really didn't care then you wouldn't have made this topic. You do care, and you want to tell us how to fan your way all while you ignore the completely valid and verified reasons for people to be shell shocked after 30 years of the same thing every year.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,220
Messages
14,673,468
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top