Too much talent at backup QB

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Cowboys clearly have too much talent wrapped up in the backup QB position. We really need to trade a couple of these guys away for a couple of first round picks.

It’s really an embarrassment of riches situation we have going. How would we ever pay these guys if we keep all of them?
Sarcasm is understood, but just talking str8 here, the question should be.
Why has this franchise invested so much wasted time into Cooper Rush, someone who has shown zero signs of ever progressing or transcending his game.
Rush sucks and should be off the roster asap, let Nooch and Grier showcase ability.
Just cut Rush, because even in a QB needy league, no team is giving Dallas a dime for Rush.

kskboys

Reaction score
How? He invested 10 million in Dalton and it was a waste of money.
It wouldn't have been a waste if he could build a team. Jerry builds his teams where they are dependent on the QB to be a superstar. Dalton is more than capable of being a competent bus driver, but our D can't stop a flea circus, so we need our QB to play out of his mind.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It wouldn't have been a waste if he could build a team. Jerry builds his teams where they are dependent on the QB to be a superstar. Dalton is more than capable of being a competent bus driver, but our D can't stop a flea circus, so we need our QB to play out of his mind.
I’m not gonna give Dalton that excuse. I think he’s a fine qb and wish we had him as a backup now…but he wasn’t good enough in Cincy, Dallas or Chi…..

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They make the same amount of money regardless so why get better at their jobs?
I know what you mean but that is actually pretty far from the truth. If they put together a team that goes to the super bowl and win they stand to make a considerable amount of money, including money that goes beyond ticket sales.:thumbup:

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m not gonna give Dalton that excuse. I think he’s a fine qb and wish we had him as a backup now…but he wasn’t good enough in Cincy, Dallas or Chi…..
They were all wanting him to be a starter. He's great as the backup.

GMO415

Reaction score
1st round picks?
Deep QB talent?

Did you skip your medication?

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think Jerry keeps crappy backups on the roster on purpose. Wouldn't want the average starter feeling threatened.

Who knows, maybe Dak would do better if there was good competition waiting in the wings to take his job away.
That's part of the problem with today's salary cap era. Once you have paid a QB he no longer has to fight to keep his job. Most other positions players are fighting and scrapping to hold thier starting job and not slip down the depth chart.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
The Cowboys clearly have too much talent wrapped up in the backup QB position. We really need to trade a couple of these guys away for a couple of first round picks.

It’s really an embarrassment of riches situation we have going. How would we ever pay these guys if we keep all of them?
You kid but the last time cooper or lamb had a 100 yard game it was with rush.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
only shot we have is Grier..Fingers crossed. Rush had his one moment in a fairy tale day.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well I agree there but you made it seem like if he had a great team around him it would've mattered. I don’t believe that’s the case.
Of course it would matter. There's a reason why Dalton had a ton of winning seasons in Cincy. It's already been proven.