Top 10 pick. Probably close to top 5

cowboyec

Reaction score
Rousseau...you might be onto something with this cat.

i like his size.
i also like Wake Forrest DE Carlos Basham.
i could be on board with a DE at 8.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rousseau...you might be onto something with this cat.

i like his size.
i also like Wake Forrest DE Carlos Basham.
i could be on board with a DE at 8.
Wouldnt hate the pick. He has the tools to be elite, and the plays hard. Its just going to be a longer curve

cnuball21

Reaction score
Our defense is a complete train wreck but the draft is very top heavy on the offensive side of the ball. If we're picking in the top 5, I'm honing in on Sewell and Parsons. If we get Sewell, you can move Collins to G and we have our LT of the future when Tyron retires.

I don't think there is a pass rusher or CB worthy of a top 5 selection, maybe not top 10.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Our defense is a complete train wreck but the draft is very top heavy on the offensive side of the ball. If we're picking in the top 5, I'm honing in on Sewell and Parsons. If we get Sewell, you can move Collins to G and we have our LT of the future when Tyron retires.

I don't think there is a pass rusher or CB worthy of a top 5 selection, maybe not top 10.
If we draft Sewell, trade Tyron

I dont want any parts of moving La’el back to guard

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Fields is just as good as Lawerence. Dont get it twisted. Fields is a bigger Russell Wilson

I don't see it yet but I need to see more.

He reminds me of Dak but with more athleticism.

He throws to wide open guys. Not really throwing into tight windows.

I'm just not seeing anything special. I don't think he'll bust by any means but I just don't see a guy that is going to be elite.

I think Lance could be really good but his throwing motion and mechanics need work.

JBS

Reaction score
I need to watch the OT's but an offensive tackle has to be in play.

Tyron is not dependable.

We can always kick Collins back inside at guard and move Tyron back to right tackle.

On paper this makes plenty of sense..in reality not so much..ot isn't a premium position in this league anymore..not like it used to be..we can get by fine w what we have

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
On paper this makes plenty of sense..in reality not so much..ot isn't a premium position in this league anymore..not like it used to be..we can get by fine w what we have

I couldn't disagree more.

It's a passing league and giving the QB protection has never been more at a higher premium.

Defensive End is as premium of a position as it's ever been which makes drafting guys who stop those guys at a high premium.

JBS

Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more.

It's a passing league and giving the QB protection has never been more at a higher premium.

Defensive End is as premium of a position as it's ever been which makes drafting guys who stop those guys at a high premium.

Some of that is true..but most good teams get rid of the ball very quickly..which minimizes the talent you need on the edges of the OL..

Defensive end is another position that is losing value..look at a team like NE..they don't value DL..they pay secondary players...teams are building back to front on defense

cowboyec

Reaction score
no.
we can do better.
knight and steele are back-ups...not starters.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

Did you see how much the Texans gave up for Tunsil, hell even right tackles are getting paid top dollar these days. Oh btw how OT were drafted in the first round this past year. OT are a premium, and the nfl has a shortage of OT because before last year it was a weak position in the draft for multiple years.

With that being said Sewell is the real deal, if he’s there when we are picking I wouldn’t be thrilled but he is going to be a pro bowl caliber and you can put him at rt, Collins LG, Tyron Smith at Lt.

With that being said we need defense, that’s my focus, and imo we need to stockpile picks so we can get rid of these over paid players in a year or two.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Hahahahaha..in what world are those guys starters next year?
they are starters now...and its getting harder to count on Tyron Smith and who knows if Collins is back.
Knight and Steele are good depth pieces but i dont want to count on either as a starter long term.
i'd rather take one of those OTs than reach for a DT.
OT,DE,LB or CB should be the pick...but there is a long way to go.