Top 10 players not in the Hall of Fame Bob Hayes #5

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
Holds Cowboys record for all time TDs. Cowboys did not have a winning season record until Bob Hayes came onto the team. Only person to have an Olympic gold medal and NFL Championship ring. I have seen the show on NFLN 3 times and it pisses me off more each time. What a travisty.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
you act as if theres some sort of bias towards cowboys players when it comes to the hall of fame....:rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;2166977 said:
Holds Cowboys record for all time TDs. Cowboys did not have a winning season record until Bob Hayes came onto the team. Only person to have an Olympic gold medal and NFL Championship ring. I have seen the show on NFLN 3 times and it pisses me off more each time. What a travisty.
One correction. Receiving TDs.

Hayes had 76 total TDs as a Cowboy. Emmitt had 153 total. Tony D. had 85 total.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
They really need to put him in. This is getting ridiculous. What's the beef? Oh, he had no talent. He was just so fast no one could defend him. Anyone who is the fastest man in the world could do what he did? Is that it? Can't just be the coke. That's not a valid reason anymore.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
Hostile;2166993 said:
One correction. Receiving TDs.

Hayes had 76 total TDs as a Cowboy. Emmitt had 153 total. Tony D. had 85 total.

Oops, yes you are correct. I was so pissed off typing I made an omission. It was nice to see him run away from defenders as if they were children. I believe it was Drew Pearson who commented that the defenses went to zone so he couldn't run away from them like he did in man to man but Bob simply ran away from the zone also.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
1. Emmitt Smith - will be there when eligible
2. Deion Sanders - will be there when eligible
3. Larry Allen - will be there when eligible
4. Charles Haley - will be there when eligible
5. Bob Hayes
6. Cornell Green
7. Ed Jones
8. Harvey Martin
9. Chuck Howley
10. Cliff Harris
11. Charlie Waters
12. John Niland
13. Ralph Neely
14. Jay Novacek
15. Drew Pearson

The NFL needs to get this matter resolved now. Get these guys in the Hall of Fame ASAP. I would say Moose belongs, but stats are too important. However, he was the best FB in the 90s.....

BuckyG

Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;2166977 said:

This one's a hard call, but I'm not sure his overall production deserves the Hall. His best year was his second year in the league, and his performance dropped steadily after that season; the last half of his career was nothing special. On top of that, his postseason performance was less than stellar. Excellent player? Absolutely. Hall of Fame material? Definitely not a slam dunk.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Buckyg, I guess you did not do your research. PART of the reason for getting into the hall of fame is indeed numbers. BUT if you had BOTHERED to look a little closer you would have seen the part about "changing the game".
The Zone Defense was invented BECAUSE of Bob Hayes. He was the most dangerous WR in the game from 65-72. Acknowledged by coaches and players as such.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
as a fan looking outside in, I could give a rats behind about the hall of fame...Dead honest.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
jobberone;2167187 said:
They really need to put him in. This is getting ridiculous. What's the beef? Oh, he had no talent. He was just so fast no one could defend him. Anyone who is the fastest man in the world could do what he did? Is that it? Can't just be the coke. That's not a valid reason anymore.

Look no further than the dolt patrol, headed by Peter King. The problem is that these idiots compare Hayes' numbers to receivers of the 80's and today, even though the passing game has completely changed since then.

YAKUZA

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Biggems;2167490 said:
5. Bob Hayes
6. Cornell Green
7. Ed Jones
8. Harvey Martin
9. Chuck Howley
10. Cliff Harris
11. Charlie Waters
12. John Niland
13. Ralph Neely
14. Jay Novacek
15. Drew Pearson

The NFL needs to get this matter resolved now. Get these guys in the Hall of Fame ASAP. I would say Moose belongs, but stats are too important. However, he was the best FB in the 90s.....

I believe that Haley has been eligible for a few years now and he still hasn't made the list of HOF finalists.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hagman;2167657 said:
I believe that Haley has been eligible for a few years now and he still hasn't made the list of HOF finalists.

so has Derrick Thomas....but both are HOFers IMO

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Biggems;2167490 said:
5. Bob Hayes
6. Cornell Green
7. Ed Jones
8. Harvey Martin
9. Chuck Howley
10. Cliff Harris
11. Charlie Waters
12. John Niland
13. Ralph Neely
14. Jay Novacek
15. Drew Pearson

Haley has been eligible for a long time. His last year in the NFL was 1999. He's been eligible since 2005.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hagman;2167657 said:

Exactly. That has been discussed the last few years because he continues to get shut out of the Hall.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2167246 said:
Hayes is a HOFamer in my book, that's all that matters

aren't I a hall of famer by your book? :D