Top 3 running backs out

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Ray Rice is washed up. Ray Rice gave his fiancee a knuckle sandwich that put her out cold. Can anybody think of a third reason not to sign the guy because the first two are compelling.

If the first reason is true then that is all we need to know. I'm not sure it is though. He did have a rough year but was also said to be injured. If he was injured and is now fully healthy, he may still have plenty left.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I agree. Everyone deserves a second chance...I'm just not sure his second chance should be here, where we already have a roster full of reclamation projects and second chance charlies.

I wouldn't argue with that. I'm not advocating the Cowboys sign him either.

From the other side of my mouth, I will say that there are lot of things in this world you can do wrong that I can understand; been there done that. But after having been married for 10 years and living with a woman who knows exactly how to bring the worst out of me at that worst possible time and not having ever done anything remotely close to being considered as physical abuse, what Ray Rice did is inconceivable to me. You simply do not lay hands on a woman...especially like he did. And that video is like a gif in my head. With all that, I seriously do not want to see him in a Dallas Cowboys jersey.

Can't blame you. I would never condone striking a woman either, unless she strikes first. At that point, all bets are off and I'm defending myself.

But by all indications in that video, Rice lost his cool and struck first. No excuse for that behavior.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
From
Tashard Choice
to
Demarco Murray
to
Gus Johnson

My pet cat transition is now complete. Now I can relax. It feels great!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the first reason is true then that is all we need to know. I'm not sure it is though. He did have a rough year but was also said to be injured. If he was injured and is now fully healthy, he may still have plenty left.

To add to that, you can go back and look at the entire Ravens team and run game that year. None of it was good and the majority of the line has ben replaced. For me, that means it's oversimplification to blame the shortcomings on Rice being 'washed up'. But it's easier to say that than to think about it and do some work.

jday

Reaction score
I wouldn't argue with that. I'm not advocating the Cowboys sign him either.

Can't blame you. I would never condone striking a woman either, unless she strikes first. At that point, all bets are off and I'm defending myself.

But by all indications in that video, Rice lost his cool and struck first. No excuse for that behavior.

To an extent, I agree with the sentiment that if a woman wants to fight you like a man, like you said, all bets are off. Having said that, hitting a woman like what Ray Rice did is never okay...no matter how a woman come's at you...unless she's an MMA fighter, then you are probably better off running for your life.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
To an extent, I agree with the sentiment that if a woman wants to fight you like a man, like you said, all bets are off. Having said that, hitting a woman like what Ray Rice did is never okay...no matter how a woman come's at you...unless she's an MMA fighter, then you are probably better off running for your life.

Yep, her little slapping motion vs a NFL athletes was not going to put him at any risk, he could have walked off and let the situation cool down but there was no excuse to do what he did.
I have no respect at all for Rice but main reason I don't want him in Dallas I think he would be our next Eddie George a good player in the past but washed up by the time he got to Dallas

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There was no way they were going to bring in RB's this week. They knew none of the 3 were going to play. That was the plan anyway. They had only 3 practices this week, off W, game TH. So why bring in a RB, to take limited reps and then have him play not knowing the offense as well.

No reason that Seastrunk and Johnson can't play the entire game. See what they are made of. As well as much needed actual game reps. Especially if they go long at RB, at least to start the season.

yeah might as well take a long look at these 2 and see if they show anything good.
Cowboys are waiting for cut down to get a back, so that means randle and others will have to start the early part of season.
Any back they get will need a few weeks to learn plays etc.

I find RB situation amusing .

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If it's Rhonda, I'm running!

And I take no shame in that!

jday

Reaction score
If it's Rhonda, I'm running!

And I take no shame in that!

No shame whatsoever sir.

859326298.gif

Doomsday101

Reaction score
yeah might as well take a long look at these 2 and see if they show anything good.
Cowboys are waiting for cut down to get a back, so that means randle and others will have to start the early part of season.
Any back they get will need a few weeks to learn plays etc.

I find RB situation amusing .

another RB will not take much time, if they have already been in camp and are physically ready.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Ray Rice has a second chance. He can go out and get any job he wants, it's not as if the guy is in jail. I just don't think that his second chance needs to come on the Cowboys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I see that, He is being limited in practice which is no big deal and still iffy if they will play him Thursday

Based in reports, we shouldn't expect to see too many regular offensive starters Thursday night.

Sounding like a Weeden / Gus Johnson kind of night. Defensive guys might get some work though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Based in reports, we shouldn't expect to see too many regular offensive starters Thursday night.

Sounding like a Weeden / Gus Johnson kind of night. Defensive guys might get some work though.

I said the same thing in another thread. I know there will be no Romo in this game, I highly doubt Dez will play and no Randle. Gus and Seahorse will get the snaps. I am interested in seeing the defense and hope many of the 1st unit will be out there. Looking forward to seeing Gregory and Byron Jones in the game.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I said the same thing in another thread. I know there will be no Romo in this game, I highly doubt Dez will play and no Randle. Gus and Seahorse will get the snaps. I am interested in seeing the defense and hope many of the 1st unit will be out there. Looking forward to seeing Gregory and Byron Jones in the game.

Autocorrect?