Top 4 threads at this time are about Dak

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Sad. Our fans would rather complain about a 30-16 QB and blame it all on him than embrace the fact that we are on the cusp of the playoffs. Many of our fans aren’t really fans, they’re just trolls.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sad. Our fans would rather complain about a 30-16 QB and blame it all on him than embrace the fact that we are on the cusp of the playoffs. Many of our fans aren’t really fans, they’re just trolls.
Fans have different ways to follow their teams. When I was a head coach, I heard them all. The worst ones were the nice ones. With a loud mouth you always knew where you stood, the nice ones that never yelled and complained were the first one to call school board members. Just cause you don't agree with some of us doesn't mean you're right. Chill out, don't read the threads that piss you off and enjoy the season.
BTW, I don't blame Dak, I blame coaching, and having been a coach for over 30 years, Im confident that Garrett sucks!!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Serious question RP.

Why do you care so much about what others think? You spend more time commenting on other posters than you do on the team.

I'd rather read your civil, thought out rebuttals to the criticisms than insults directed at posters simply because they see things differently than you do.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Fans have different ways to follow their teams. When I was a head coach, I heard them all. The worst ones were the nice ones. With a loud mouth you always knew where you stood, the nice ones that never yelled and complained were the first one to call school board members. Just cause you don't agree with some of us doesn't mean you're right. Chill out, don't read the threads that piss you off and enjoy the season.
BTW, I don't blame Dak, I blame coaching, and having been a coach for over 30 years, Im confident that Garrett sucks!!
You can’t have it both ways. Like you said, there are different ways to follow your team. You can constantly crap on them like you do with Garrett, or you can be objective and crap on them when there’s reason and applaud them when there’s reason.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can’t have it both ways. Like you said, there are different ways to follow your team. You can constantly crap on them like you do with Garrett, or you can be objective and crap on them when there’s reason and applaud them when there’s reason.
I can have it any way I want. I know enough football to make my judgements. I choose not to sit around and try to justify my views. I tried talking football when I first got on the CZ, too many pencil pushers and former marching band members trying to argue. Now I just say GARRETT sucks, because everyone understands that. We'll......almost everyone.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I can have it any way I want. I know enough football to make my judgements. I choose not to sit around and try to justify my views. I tried talking football when I first got on the CZ, too many pencil pushers and former marching band members trying to argue. Now I just say GARRETT sucks, because everyone understands that. We'll......almost everyone.
Well, I’ve always appreciated your opinions except for the Garrett sucks narrative.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Any bar. Everyone is talking about Dak!

Don Meredith quit the Cowboys because of all the constant criticism, even being booed at a restaurant. Landry took his team to SEVEN championship games, won 2, lost one with a team that had no business being there, and lost 3 SBs by a total of 11 pts. But fans complained endlessly about him in his last few years, not realizing that at some point you have to re-build.

So now we have Dak here, in his 3rd year, and already "it's time to move on", "we need Flacco", "put Rush/White in there".

Are the detractors right? Or wrong? Is 3 years long enough to tell? Will any quarterback do better here with these coaches? Will the league/refs not continue to find ways to hurt the Cowboys in games with weird, almost never called penalties? Does Jerry care any at all about what fans say?

Just because some fans think they know how to coach/draft for/do contracts for an NFL team, and know what's going on in the locker room/draft room/meetings/owners mind doesn't mean they're right, or wrong.

Opinions are fine, somebody will be proven right, and wrong.

But after Meredith left, it was "why'd he leave? He was great!" When Landry was fired it was for the vast majority of comments "how dare Jerry fire such a great coach!"

Fans are fickle, if Dak wins a SB most will say "well, I always knew he could do it!". And if he doesn't, most will say "I knew all along he wasn't going to be able to do it!"

That's just the way it goes..