Top 5 at every position

Lane21Train

Reaction score
hey all! Just earned my right to postafter crossing the border from the “other” forum, so with that I’d like to post my top five at each position in the draft as of now. It’s early & i still have alot of players to look at & alot more to watch but as of right now these are my tops, they probably differe from quite a few of you & thats fine. Lets discuss!

QB
Josh Rosen
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Lamar Jackson
Josh Allen

OL
Omitted because I suck at evaluating them

RB
Saquon Barkley
Darius Guice
Sony Michel
Ronald Jones
Nick Chubb

WR
Calvin Ridley
Christian Kirk
DJ Moore
Anthony Miller
Deon Cain

TE
Didnt evaluate, i like our TE’s just think they need an opportunity.

Edge
Bradley Chubb
Marcus Davenport
Sam Hubbard
Duke Ejiofor
Lorenzo Carter

DT
Vita Vea
Maurice Hurst
Taven Bryan
Christian Wilkins
Derrick Nnadi

LB
Roquon Smith
Tremaine Edmunds
Leighton Vander Esch
Rashaad Evans
Josey Jewel

CB
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Josh Jackson
Denzel Ward
Holton Hill
Isaiah Oliver/Quentin Meeks

S
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Derwin James
Ronnie Harrison
Marcus Allen
Quin Blanding

marius

Reaction score
no courtland sutton and james washington on the top WR??, no malik jefferson on top LB??

Lane21Train

Reaction score
no courtland sutton and james washington on the top WR??, no malik jefferson on top LB??
I have Washington at 9, I’m not that big on him, lacks great size, great route running, great speed. He has good hands & got jumps but thats it. I’d be comfortable taking him in the 3rd. Jefferson freaks me out. Sometimes he looks like Jaylon but ALOT of time he looks like Bruce Carter & that worries me so much. Watch the tape on the LB’s i have listed. Dudes are freaks, except jewel he is just a great technician.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
hey all! Just earned my right to postafter crossing the border from the “other” forum, so with that I’d like to post my top five at each position in the draft as of now. It’s early & i still have alot of players to look at & alot more to watch but as of right now these are my tops, they probably differe from quite a few of you & thats fine. Lets discuss!

QB
Josh Rosen
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Lamar Jackson
Josh Allen

OL

RB
Saquon Barkley
Darius Guice
Sony Michel
Ronald Jones
Nick Chubb

WR
Calvin Ridley
Christian Kirk
DJ Moore
Anthony Miller
Deon Cain

TE

Edge
Bradley Chubb
Marcus Davenport
Sam Hubbard
Duke Ejiofor
Lorenzo Carter

DT
Vita Vea
Maurice Hurst
Taven Bryan
Christian Wilkins
Derrick Nnadi

LB
Roquon Smith
Tremaine Edmunds
Leighton Vander Esch
Rashaad Evans
Josey Jewel

CB
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Josh Jackson
Denzel Ward
Holton Hill

S
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Derwin James
Ronnie Harrison
Marcus Allen
Quin Blanding

Good list. I think Vea would be a no-brainer if Marinelli would get over his heavy DT issues. R. Smith would be another solid pick, though Tremaine Edmunds would be a good consolation.

winzstar

Reaction score
Good looking list Lane. Can I offer some comments. On the QB's Im still evaluating but I'm thinking Mason Rudolph has a chance at being a sleeper. On the OL, I'm going to have to wait to see what the final say is on Cooper. I thought he came into his own and was starter material until the injury. I have two OL that come from AA schools that I think we can pick up late and will make a big difference. Good RB, WR, DT (also looking at both Daylon Mack and Matt Elam strictly because of their size) and LB list. I haven't looked at CB or S much other than SS Deshon Elliott who I like alot and I'm currently evaluating Armani Watts and Damon Webb.

winzstar

Reaction score
Other underclassmen who haven't made an "official" NFL decision yet: RB Bryce Love, Stanford DE Clelin Ferrell, Clemson DE Austin Bryant, Clemson DT Christian Wilkins, Clemson DT Dre’Mont Jones, Ohio State SS Ronnie Harrison, Alabama----Dane Brugler

Lane21Train

Reaction score
Other underclassmen who haven't made an "official" NFL decision yet: RB Bryce Love, Stanford DE Clelin Ferrell, Clemson DE Austin Bryant, Clemson DT Christian Wilkins, Clemson DT Dre’Mont Jones, Ohio State SS Ronnie Harrison, Alabama----Dane Brugler
Sounds like the clemson kids may lean towards returning to school, nothing official tho, I think Ferrell may be official. Not positive.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I have Washington at 9, I’m not that big on him, lacks great size, great route running, great speed. He has good hands & got jumps but thats it. I’d be comfortable taking him in the 3rd. Jefferson freaks me out. Sometimes he looks like Jaylon but ALOT of time he looks like Bruce Carter & that worries me so much. Watch the tape on the LB’s i have listed. Dudes are freaks, except jewel he is just a great technician.
If you would take another peak at Washington and imagine Steve Smith.
The most underrated part of his game is strength.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Jefferson is a local kid and he is a physical freak but man that kid flat disappeared at times.
He's gonna be way overdrafted.
I do think that Bruce Carter comp is a good one.

winzstar

Reaction score
Read where Jefferson's (Malik) love of football and focus are suspect. Not sure that players that go purely for the paycheck do that well over the long run.

By the way, I seem to like Washington a little more than Lane but I would not go for him or any other WR in the first round.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Read where Jefferson's (Malik) love of football and focus are suspect. Not sure that players that go purely for the paycheck do that well over the long run.

He sounds a bit like that Maliek McDowell kid from Michigan State that got drafted by the Seahawks last year. I recall hearing about how his love of football was questionable.

cnuball21

Reaction score

QB
Josh Rosen
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Lamar Jackson
Josh Allen

OL

RB
Saquon Barkley
Darius Guice
Sony Michel
Ronald Jones
Nick Chubb

WR
Calvin Ridley
Christian Kirk
DJ Moore
Anthony Miller
Deon Cain

TE

Edge
Bradley Chubb
Marcus Davenport
Sam Hubbard
Duke Ejiofor
Lorenzo Carter

DT
Vita Vea
Maurice Hurst
Taven Bryan
Christian Wilkins
Derrick Nnadi

LB
Roquon Smith
Tremaine Edmunds
Leighton Vander Esch
Rashaad Evans
Josey Jewel

CB
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Josh Jackson
Denzel Ward
Holton Hill

S
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Derwin James
Ronnie Harrison
Marcus Allen
Quin Blanding

Your DE list is interesting. No love for Key, Landry or Ferrell?

Lane21Train

Reaction score
Your DE list is interesting. No love for Key, Landry or Ferrell?
Key has drug problems so I wouldnt touch him with a 10’ pole, Landry is way over rated to me, Honestly have a 2-3 grade on him & Ferrell is going back to Clemson. I personally think this is a really weak edge rusher class, weak at Edge & Safety from my observations, still alot to watch tho.

winzstar

Reaction score
I hope one of the Cowboy scouts looks at Austin Kuhnert from N. Dakota State. He is listed as an OC but has played all over the OL and seems to excel at OG.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Key has drug problems so I wouldnt touch him with a 10’ pole, Landry is way over rated to me, Honestly have a 2-3 grade on him & Ferrell is going back to Clemson. I personally think this is a really weak edge rusher class, weak at Edge & Safety from my observations, still alot to watch tho.

I know Key the leave of absence but is drugs rumors or was it confirmed?

I don't think Landry would be a good scheme fit for us but I feel like some of the 3-4 teams might like him. I know his production dipped this year but I thought I heard he was banged up a bit. Dude was unblockable the year prior.

Lane21Train

Reaction score
I know Key the leave of absence but is drugs rumors or was it confirmed?

I don't think Landry would be a good scheme fit for us but I feel like some of the 3-4 teams might like him. I know his production dipped this year but I thought I heard he was banged up a bit. Dude was unblockable the year prior.
I dont think it has been confirmed but there have been enough different sources touching on it that I have a hard time believing that its only rumors.