Top 5 current Cowboys

John813

Reaction score
1. Zeke
2. Lawrence
3. Lee
4. Awuzie(super limited play though)
5. Smith/Irving

Couldn't decide between Jaylon and David for #5. Both are talented, it's just the matter of getting them to produce at the high level they are capable of

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If Lawrence is top 5 we are screwed. IMO:

1. Martin
2. Smith
3. Beard
4. Zeke
5. Lee

Prediction for this time next year -

1. Martin
2. Smith
3. Zeke
4. Lewis
5. Tie Beard / Jaylon Smith / Lee

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Zeke Elliott
Demarcus Lawrence
Lee
Smith
Dak

Really only have big hope for the first 2. Had to stretch it with the other 3. Lee and Smith if they can overcome their injuries and the verdict is still out on Dak. Hope he can bounce back though I'm not as high on him as last year. I guess this is why I'm so depressed with the Cowboys. lol

condoin125

Reaction score
If Lawrence is top 5 we are screwed. IMO:

1. Martin
2. Smith
3. Beard
4. Zeke
5. Lee

Prediction for this time next year -

1. Martin
2. Smith
3. Zeke
4. Lewis
5. Tie Beard / Jaylon Smith / Lee
Why are we screwed if DLaw is top five? You think he's gone?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
1 Sean Lee, leader, hands down best defensive player and it's not even close(difference maker)
2 Tyron Smith, elite when healthy. one of the toughest positions to fill protecting the blind side of the QB
3 Zach Martin, tough, leader, anchors the interior line
4 Demarcus Lawrence, only consistent pressure edge player
5 Zeke Elliot, best dynamic offensive player on the roster

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Why are we screwed if DLaw is top five? You think he's gone?

I think it may be hard to sign him long term. Think he could be tagged next year. I also struggle with him having one good season and playing just ok after Irving went down. Just don't see him as top 5.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
The best players on the team right now or in the future?

If it's right now...

1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Tyron Smith
3. Zack Martin
4. Travis Frederick
5. Sean Lee
The most promising going forward, gives you the most optimism for the next few years.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Best players
1) Zeke
2) Sean Lee
3) Tyron Smith
4) Zack Martin
5) Travis Frederick

Most irreplaceable players

1) Sean Lee
2) Tyron Smith
3) Zeke
4) Demarcus Lawrence
5) Zack Martin

condoin125

Reaction score
I think it may be hard to sign him long term. Think he could be tagged next year. I also struggle with him having one good season and playing just ok after Irving went down. Just don't see him as top 5.
Well I agree that it will be a lot harder to keep this guy than a lot of people here may think. I would even make a case for trading him if we got at least two high picks (1st and a 3rd but I'm fairly sure that's not likely since he's not signed to a deal). But I think his play down the stretch even without Irving was pretty good. It's not all about sacks....he was getting consistent pressure on the QB and affecting the passing game. He also had a really good year vs the run even though he started off slow in that department. All in all he finished just outside of the conversation of DPOY and that's an elite season and he's still really young.

blueblood70

Reaction score
top 3 are easy when they were out we failed 4-5 are subjective you can put the entire Oline as 1 ie unit BUT

Tsmith-(was this not obvious)
Zeke(again see note above)
Lee(lol see above)
Dlaw
5a-witten(just a homer pick)
5b-David Irving Notice with injurys and suspenson ato al these players it was apparent how important they all were

notable mentions Baily and Cjones our punter

condoin125

Reaction score
Most promising for the future:

1.Martin - best Guard in the league (him or Decastro)
2.Frederick - best Center in the league
3.Tyron - I'm assuming he gets healthy
4.Awuzie - potentially budding corner with good ball skills
5.Lewis - another young corner; started off really hot but didn't finish the season quite as well

Zeke - sorry, I can't include a RB when thinking about the long term future of this team....I like Zeke but I don't want to sign him to a second contract or any RB to a second contract....just can't afford to pay this position that kind of money. After picking up the 5th year option, I'd rather let him go and draft another RB. They just don't hold up long term and I hate it for those guys because they're getting screwed hard.

Lee - just too old to think about as a future guy

Jaylon Smith - I wanted to be able to include this guy but he simply hasn't been good enough to do so; he finished well down the stretch but most of the season he was a weakness when on the field...at least in run defense. I'm hoping he comes back next season and shows why he was considered a top ten pick before the injury.

DLaw - as someone mentioned, it will be hard to keep him long term due to our cap situation and what he could command on the open market at his age; if I knew we were keeping him for sure he'd be #3 on the list.

Irving - as much as everyone likes him...the guy at this point is nothing more than a rotational player; he's great at rushing the passer and bad against the run.

Dak - yeah I'm not a believer and this position has me really worried.

WR/TE - no one on our team even close to being included on my futures list and this is a bit worrisome as well; we need to draft one of these this coming draft.