JonCJG

Reaction score
gotta go with...

1. Panthers
2. Jags
3. Skins
4. Eagles
5. Giants

Both the Panthers and Jags will give us the most problems IMHO. They have BIG, physical and athletic front 7's. They are both young hungry and are built to attack the line of scrimmage, stop the run and put pressure on the QB. I would give the edge to the Panthers D simply becasue the
Panthers DB's> Jags DB's

The Skins have a weak D Line but good lb's and a very good secondary. They fly to the ball and are coached very well... I like their D scheme. They play good team D.

Eagles are good all around but are young at key positions (DT) and average at others (LB, CB). They have a good DE combo which should put alot of pressure on opposing O's and their FS/SS combo is one of the best. Brian Dawkins is getting long in the tooth though....

G Men have a great pair of DE's but Strahan has to slow down sometime. This coud be the year. LB's are average and so is their secondary. They're D scares me the least of any D in the NFCE. If Strahan is still playing like the Beast he was in years past, this D goes from average to above average. He means that much to them IMO.

Thoughts?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
the only D on that list that I think will give us problems are the Commanders, they always seem to bottle us up well, esp. our running game, the Giants, Jags and Panthers D IMO, are easily susceptible to the pass

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
3 of your top 5 you face twice this season. Not to mention 6 games out of the first 8.

JonCJG

Reaction score
yeah almost by default.... those other teams we play are pretty average.

Houston, Detroit, Arizona, Indy, Titans, Saints.

Tampa is good, but getting old, Atlanta is OKAY.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
KD said:
yeah almost by default.... those other teams we play are pretty average.

Houston, Detroit, Arizona, Indy, Titans, Saints.

Tampa is good, but getting old, Atlanta is OKAY.

The first half of the season should tell a lot about the impact of Owens.

Atlanta is only OK because their offense has Vick as a QB. With a QB that could make reads and not lock into one guy they would be better. The Falcons D added some proven players this year mainly because the offense is so wishy washy IMO.

Indy has a good (not great) D. The actually match up pretty well against the type of offense that the Cowboys play.

Tampa plays good schemes so you can never underestimate the type of plays they can make.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
until we close up that porous o-line and get the ball out of Bledsoe's hands and into a WR, RB or TE.... ALL defenses will pose a problem... they will SEND IT IN until we can show that we can 1.) block with our o-line 2.) beat them with our offense

JonCJG

Reaction score
I don't understand why people think we have such a POOR O line. Average ok but POOR? Don't think so.

Healthy Flozell and Rivera will make a HUGE difference. Your talking about borderline Pro Bowl Players most years when healthy.

Proven/Solid Left Guard

Proven/Solid Center

And a rookie RT who started all 16 games ( and played every O snap as well) who has by all accounts improved tremendously this offseason.

I won't mention the fact that we should have much better depth if for no other reason than
Fabini > Tucker ...............hell Colombo might be better as well.