Top 5 Teams in the NFL.

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
At this point, who do you have a good feeling about right now? I'd like you guys to name not just the team you think who looks the best to you but some teams you think will really surprise this year. So 5 teams is perfect.

1) New England Patriots - Yeah yeah i'm really going out on a limb here. I'd be really surprised if many people would leave them off their list. I don't see any weaknesses with NE.

2) Atlanta Falcons - They could be really awful but I guess i'm kinda jumping on the Vick bandwagon. He makes his whole team better, kinda like what Ray Lewis does with his defense. I like the new coaching staff also.

3) Dallas Cowboys - I picked Dallas to go to the SB a few months ago but i'm now leaning toward Atlanta. I think the Boys will score more this year and the defense will dominate. Who knows ..

4) Green Bay Packers - I love their running game and the Packers defense is very solid. I don't like Mike Sherman.

5) Seattle Seahawks - They have a nice team. If they can learn to win on the road, they should go deep in the playoffs.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
BillsFan said:
At this point, who do you have a good feeling about right now? I'd like you guys to name not just the team you think who looks the best to you but some teams you think will really surprise this year. So 5 teams is perfect.

1) New England Patriots - Yeah yeah i'm really going out on a limb here. I'd be really surprised if many people would leave them off their list. I don't see any weaknesses with NE.

2) Atlanta Falcons - They could be really awful but I guess i'm kinda jumping on the Vick bandwagon. He makes his whole team better, kinda like what Ray Lewis does with his defense. I like the new coaching staff also.

3) Dallas Cowboys - I picked Dallas to go to the SB a few months ago but i'm now leaning toward Atlanta. I think the Boys will score more this year and the defense will dominate. Who knows ..

4) Green Bay Packers - I love their running game and the Packers defense is very solid. I don't like Mike Sherman.

5) Seattle Seahawks - They have a nice team. If they can learn to win on the road, they should go deep in the playoffs.
I have no problem at all with this...

*whistles...waits for AJM and Arm to storm the thread*

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
I have no problem at all with this...

*whistles...waits for AJM and Arm to storm the thread*
:D

1. New England: Only weakness is offensive line depth. Age may show on LBs and CBs.
2. Philadelphia: I can't believe you don't have them on your list...
3. Denver: Champ Bailey and John Lynch added to weak secondary. Lost Portis but will recover.
4. Miami: They have the most talented team in the league and hopefully bettercoaching this year.
5. Green Bay: Farve & Green...

Reaction score
RW31 said:
whistles...waits for AJM and Arm to storm the thread

1. Philadelphia - It's incredible how biased we become with identifying an NFC team. But in this instance, it's just sheer hunger that thrusts the Eagles on top of this list.

a. Dallas - is my NFC NFC "back-up" pick.

b. Carolina - don't like the Panthers either, but they have the talent.

2. Indianopolis - impressive last year; believe they'll return with fire.

3. New England - Everyone knows that it's very difficult to "repeat!"

4. Miami - AJM is right on the money. Look out for those Dolphins!

5. Green Bay - No problem with the cheese factory; Farve & Green

Keep on whistling, because there's a "storm coming alright!" Try singing...
...lift us up where we belong, on a Mountain High, where the Eagles Fly ... :rolleyes:

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
:D

1. New England: Only weakness is offensive line depth. Age may show on LBs and CBs.
2. Philadelphia: I can't believe you don't have them on your list...
3. Denver: Champ Bailey and John Lynch added to weak secondary. Lost Portis but will recover.
4. Miami: They have the most talented team in the league and hopefully bettercoaching this year.
5. Green Bay: Farve & Green...

It's not easy making a list of just 5, so you have to leave off some very good teams. I wish I had room for the Colts, Vikings and the Eagles. I didn't though, I don't like the defenses of any of those teams.

I picked Miami to go to the superbowl last year. I think they'll be competitive this year also but the strength of that team has always been it's defense. I think it will break down this year. Ricky Williams looked like Eddie George and don't forget who coaches that team. That division they are in isn't exactly a cakewalk either.

A.J Feely was supposed to be the starter but the word is he won't even be able to beat out Jay Fiedler.

I like Miami to finish somewhere around 500 this year. I hope they do.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
BillsFan said:
It's not easy making a list of just 5, so you have to leave off some very good teams. I wish I had room for the Colts, Vikings and the Eagles. I didn't though, I don't like the defenses of any of those teams.

I picked Miami to go to the superbowl last year. I think they'll be competitive this year also but the strength of that team has always been it's defense. I think it will break down this year. Ricky Williams looked like Eddie George and don't forget who coaches that team. That division they are in isn't exactly a cakewalk either.

A.J Feely was supposed to be the starter but the word is he won't even be able to beat out Jay Fiedler.

OK, but promise me the bills will suck even more...

AJM1613

Reaction score
BillsFan said:

You don't like our defense but you like Atlanta's?? :rolleyes:

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
You don't like our defense but you like Atlanta's?? :rolleyes:

Not interested in getting into another Eagles discussion. It's already been beaten to death.

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
RW31 said:
OK, but promise me the bills will suck even more...

The Bills should be fine. The defense is one of the best and the running game should also be very good.

The big question mark in Buffalo is Bledsoe. If he really is cooked then the Bills season will be awful. I think he'll bounce back now that that idiot Kevin Gilbride is gone.

We have a new coach also so who knows how he will go over.

Reaction score
BillsFan (Good choice for an ID name -- he'll do well for Dallas this year),

We realized that you are not interested in having (another???) Eagles discussion.Caviote: But when you said "another Eagles discussion," were you referring to this statement ...

Originally Posted by BillsFan "... you have to leave off some very good teams. I wish I had room for the Colts, Vikings and the Eagles. I don't like the defenses of any of those teams."

You get bored quick, if that statement above is what you call "whipping a dead horse!"

Now here's the question "Why do you like the Atlanta Falcon's Defense over the Indianopolis Colts, the Minnesota Vikings, and the Philadelphia Eagles?"

I really didn't feel you gave a strong enough justification for listing the Falcons as the number #2 team ...believe you said ...
"They (the Falcons)could be really awful but I guess i'm kinda jumping on the Vick bandwagon. He makes his whole team better, kinda like what Ray Lewis does with his defense. I like the new coaching staff also."

I suppose that couLd have SB implications written all over it. :rolleyes:

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
BillsFan (Good choice for an ID name -- he'll do well for Dallas this year),

We realized that you are not interested in having (another???) Eagles discussion.Caviote: But when you said "another Eagles discussion," were you referring to this statement ...

Originally Posted by BillsFan "... you have to leave off some very good teams. I wish I had room for the Colts, Vikings and the Eagles. I don't like the defenses of any of those teams."

You get bored quick, if that statement above is what you call "whipping a dead horse!"

Now here's the question "Why do you like the Atlanta Falcon's Defense over the Indianopolis Colts, the Minnesota Vikings, and the Philadelphia Eagles?"

I really didn't feel you gave a strong enough justification for listing the Falcons as the number #2 team ...believe you said ...
"They (the Falcons)could be really awful but I guess i'm kinda jumping on the Vick bandwagon. He makes his whole team better, kinda like what Ray Lewis does with his defense. I like the new coaching staff also."

I suppose that couLd have SB implications written all over it. :rolleyes:

The comment you made about my ID name was pretty funny. You'll figure it out eventually (I think).

As far as my belief in Atlanta this year, I could say the same thing about your Dolphins pick. I'll just do the same thing you did but use Atlanta.

Look out for those Falcons!

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
This is pretty disgusting. The only traffic the "NFL Zone" gets is the two Eagles fans.

What's the use?

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I'll go with top 10, since 5 isn't enough for me.

1. New England

They really didn't lose anyone of importance other than Damien Woody & Ted Washington. All they did was bring in more weapons such as Corey Dillon, Vince Wilfork, Keith Traylor the DE from LSU, and some other talented guys from the draft. And also you could count Roosevelt Colvin as a new player too, because he only played in like 2 games all of last season. The rich gets richer...

2. Carolina

Their O-line is the only area I'd be concerned with. They added Keary Colbert who is a young version of Ricky Proehl to boost their already good WR corps, and they still have the same good defense in tact.

3. Baltimore

They have a young, really good defense, that's only going to be more dominating this season. Boller should be improved, and that should translate to a better Offense for the Ravens although I still think it will still struggle.

4. Philadelphia

They added a top 5 WR and a top 10 DE, and both spots were weaknesses for them. But they are weak at CB now though, which should make them more vulnerable on defense. But overall, they are a solid team and could be really good if they stay away from injuries.

5. Dallas

I may be a little biased with this ranking here, but we had the #1 Defense in the league last year. We had two weak spots on D, Ekuban and Edwards. Both of them were replaced with better players IMO, Wiley and Hunter, and that should translate into an even BETTER defense. Obviously our weak spot last year was offense, and we added a lot of players on that side of the ball. We should have at LEAST 4 new starters on the offense, with Julius Jones, Keyshawn Johnson, Al Johnson and Rogers/Peterman. Can't get much worse than what we had at those players' positions last year.

6. Kansas City

Didn't add much on Defense, but their new D-Coordinator, Gunther Cunningham (lol, Gunther), should instill a new attitude and scheme for the players resulting in an improved defense. Offense will still be the same, high powered and exciting.

7. Seattle

They have a nice, young nucleus on offense with Hasselback, Alexander, Robinson and Jackson. Their offense should put up a lot of points. On Defense they added two good veterans in Wistrom and Taylor, and that should obviously help them on that side of the ball.

8. Minnesota

Obviously on offense they are really good because of Culpepper, Moss, and their trio of RB's. But they also added Marcus Robinson, who is a poor man's Randy Moss, who will serve as their #2 WR. This is going to result into even MORE points for Minny. On D, they didn't lose anyone, and they added a Top 10 CB.

9. Indianapolis

Their offense is going to be good as usual, but their defense is going to be horrible. They lost 2 of their "best" players on D, Marcus Washington and David Macklin.

10. Atlanta

They should be way improved from last year with a healthy Michael Vick, improved WR corps, and a better secondary.

Anthrax

Reaction score
BillsFan said:

LMAO! How can you have Atlanta, Dallas, and Seattle in there, what have they done that proves they are top 5 team in the NFL? Sure the Cowboys and Hawks are top 10 but to put them in top 5 in ridiculous.

1. NE Patriots - same team as last year but added a moster RB which was their only weakness, I see no reason why the shouldnt repeat.

2. Philly Eagles - Up-graded at many positions, but also decreased at RB, and CB. But by adding owens and Kearse it washes away those little loses. Sure Duce, Bobby, and Troy were all good but face it they were on the downside of their career.

3. Indy Colts - The have a monstrous offense and an impact Defense, no reason why they wont hassle NE for the AFC title.

4. Carolina Panthers - Game shifting defense with the best defensive line in the league. Great RB in Davis, rising QB in Jake, and a speddy WR cant hurt ya. They are young and will also give teams hell and teh NFC in the road to the Super Bowl.

5. Baltimore Ravens - Had they have goten TO they would be #2 on this list. They have no question about it the bets D in the NFL in Ray Ray and company. Their questionmark is at QB which is a big one. They upgraded at WR which will help him. If Jamals legal probs go away he willbe fine, dont see why he wont be the best back in the NFL again.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
BillsFan said:
The Bills should be fine. The defense is one of the best and the running game should also be very good.

The big question mark in Buffalo is Bledsoe. If he really is cooked then the Bills season will be awful. I think he'll bounce back now that that idiot Kevin Gilbride is gone.

We have a new coach also so who knows how he will go over.
I don't care, I want Mike Williams/or the cadillac (pending on jones' performance) and since i dont see us falling of the face of the earth with parcells around, we need you to really blow next year. I will send all my negative vibes to your team and if I ever see Bledsoe I will punch him in the arm. Don't take it personal thouh ;)

Reaction score
Anthrax said:
LMAO! How can you have Atlanta, Dallas, and Seattle in there, what have they done that proves they are top 5 team in the NFL? Sure the Cowboys and Hawks are top 10 but to put them in top 5 in ridiculous.

1. NE Patriots .

2. Philly Eagles - Up-graded at many positions, but also decreased at RB, and CB. But by adding owens and Kearse it washes away those little loses. Sure Duce, Bobby, and Troy were all good but face it they were on the downside of their career.

3. Indy Colts
4. Carolina Panthers

5. Baltimore Ravens

Thrax,

Your picKs are solid. And being an Eagles fan, I must say you nailed that description of Duce, Vincent, and Taylor. I agree!

NE repeat - questionable; but no problem

Baltimore - I may have some concerns with their earlier team disruption during the T.O. trade. Believe it will carryover into the season. :cool:

Couldn't help from notice your're in Philadelphia. Are you a CBs fan in Philly; or are you an EAGLES FAN in PHILLY, or would you rather Not say?

Doesn't matter anyway. :cool:

Anthrax

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Thrax,

Are you a CBs fan in Philly; or are you an EAGLES FAN in PHILLY

Dont no *** that means. Idk maybe re-state it in a different way, but I am an Eagles fan, what is the CB part?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Anthrax said:
Dont no *** that means. Idk maybe re-state it in a different way, but I am an Eagles fan, what is the CB part?
Cowboys i assume...though i don't know why. Anyone with common sense can look at your sig and tell...then again, he is one of your own...

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Cowboys i assume...though i don't know why. Anyone with common sense can look at your sig and tell...then again, he is one of your own...
Same person who thought Billsfan was a fan of Bill Parcells :D

J/K AE :)