Top candidates to replace Linehan, Garrett in 2019

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm starting to think if we lose Sunday night, they may pull the plug on Garrett to see if Kris Richard is worthy of a real a real chance as a head coach.

John Harbaugh is an interesting name but he never really impressed me.

Top candidates to replace Scott Linehan, Jason Garrett in 2019
ByPATRIK WALKER Nov 5, 10:19 PM

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-Candidates-to-replace-123053304/#123053304_1

“I like our coaching staff."

Considering the continued offensive inadequacy for the Dallas Cowboys, there probably couldn't be five more terrifying words uttered by Jerry Jones. A trend that began on the back end of 2017 has now carried over to the start of 2018. Despite their win against the New York Giants in Week 2, it could be argued they didn't play well then either, 10 of their 20 points coming on the first two drives of the game but failing to score another touchdown until late in the fourth quarter. They were averaging a paltry 13.17 points per game in their last six regular season outings up to that point, and were ranked 30th in total offense and 31st in passing.

John813

Reaction score
It would have to be a 50-3 loss with the players out there halfassing it for Jones to fire him.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I'd think the quarterback whisperer Dan Mullen should be on that list. We need somebody to whisper to our QB and he and Dak have told secrets before.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm starting to think if we lose Sunday night, they may pull the plug on Garrett to see if Kris Richard is worthy of a real a real chance as a head coach.

John Harbaugh is an interesting name but he never really impressed me.

Top candidates to replace Scott Linehan, Jason Garrett in 2019
ByPATRIK WALKER Nov 5, 10:19 PM

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-Candidates-to-replace-123053304/#123053304_1

“I like our coaching staff."

Considering the continued offensive inadequacy for the Dallas Cowboys, there probably couldn't be five more terrifying words uttered by Jerry Jones. A trend that began on the back end of 2017 has now carried over to the start of 2018. Despite their win against the New York Giants in Week 2, it could be argued they didn't play well then either, 10 of their 20 points coming on the first two drives of the game but failing to score another touchdown until late in the fourth quarter. They were averaging a paltry 13.17 points per game in their last six regular season outings up to that point, and were ranked 30th in total offense and 31st in passing.
HC: Troy Aikman
OC: Tony Romo
:D

TooTall_Jones

Reaction score
It would have to be a 50-3 loss with the players out there halfassing it for Jones to fire him.
then make it happen...whatever it takes.....we are in the pits, no denying it....season lost, just pull the plug for goodness sake, blow this mess up.....give the fans something to HOLD ON TO

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Young names,,..I said it this past offseason when he left the Rams for the Titans and was called out for it but I like Matt LaFleur...honestly he had some off games heading in to our game Sunday but still think he's a great offensive mind...also add Eric Bieniemy. Has been with the Chiefs for 5 years. Just promoted to OC. Andy is the architect but I'd like to see someone who is learning in this style offense.

Maverick84

Reaction score
to the players in the locker room... "you guys fired him, not me"

* in walks Bruce Coslet *

"say hello to your new head coach"

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Young names,,..I said it this past offseason when he left the Rams for the Titans and was called out for it but I like Matt LaFleur...honestly he had some off games heading in to our game Sunday but still think he's a great offensive mind...also add Eric Bieniemy. Has been with the Chiefs for 5 years. Just promoted to OC. Andy is the architect but I'd like to see someone who is learning in this style offense.

Theres 3 guys on my list

1. Nick Saban
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. LIncoln Riley

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sad to say, but so many great fans here haven’t yet realized that Jerry is averse to hiring really accomplished football leaders. He’s intimidated by them so he hires football people he feels superior with. Jason Garrett is Jerry’s perfect coach for that very reason. He’s like a son to him rather than someone he respects as a leader.

Bulletin- Jerry won’t hire another accomplished big time head coach.

Yes he once hired Jimmy Johnson....to save time, you all know that story. Yes he once hired Bill Parcells. But as Jerry once confessed in a Johnny Walker Blue haze of truth serum, he admitted he only hired Parcells to help him get the fans more on board so he could get the stadium built.

Unless Jerry changes his mind and heart, forget about someone like Jim or John Harbaugh, Sean Payton, a big time college coach like Saban, a young star college coach like Lincoln Riley or any other accomplished HC. Jerry is intimidated by coaches like that. Jerry’s first priority isn’t winning. It’s being surrounded by people that make him feel good about himself.

Mr. Jones has some serious personal issues.

lukin2006

Reaction score
NCtSs5f.gif

I take it this how many of you would like to see JG leaving after being fired...:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Theres 3 guys on my list

1. Nick Saban
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. LIncoln Riley

I think Saban is built for college and he’s where JG gets his “process” so no. Like the other two