Top coaching candidates to replace Scott Linehan, Jason Garrett

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
interesting list and yes, anyone on here I would think say "championship" and finally mean it if Mr Payton came aboard....from that list (only), here is what I would want (in order)

1. Payton (HC) + Richard (DC)
2. Richard (HC) + Riley (OC)
3. Shaw (HC) + Richard (DC)
4. Richard (HC) + Petersen (OC)
5. Richard (HC) + Haley (OC)

Not interested: Cooter, Defilippo, Harbaugh, LaFleur, Saban (at all)

Who is Riley and Petersen?

Pants

Reaction score
As in David???? Why does it seem average to slightly below average former players make good coaches?
yes, David, from Stanford - he has taken that team to contender since he got there - he seems like he stays in control of things which is CERTAINLY needed with the meddling jones' around

Pants

Reaction score
Who is Riley and Petersen?
they are in the OP (link) - I just used the group that was listed in there

Riley is the HC for Oklahoma - they have had a top 3 or 4 offense in college football for 4 years - Petersen is the HC for Washington Huskies (also a good offense since he showed up)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
they are in the OP (link) - I just used the group that was listed in there

Riley is the HC for Oklahoma - they have had a top 3 or 4 offense in college football for 4 years - Petersen is the HC for Washington Huskies (also a good offense since he showed up)

That's what I thought......wanted to be sure. I'll ask you this......why would a successful head coach of big college program leave his job to be an OC in NFL. Not sure I've seen that happen often.....

McKDaddy

Reaction score
give me

Head Coach: Sean Payton
Def Coord: Kris Richard
Payton would be a dream. He has enough personal clout with the Jones to demand control of football operations. Didn't he sign an extension though?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I’d like to see Harbaugh coach the Cowboys, but he’s got his dream job at Michigan — where he has absolute control over the football program. He’d never have that kinda power under the Joneses.

True but read a couple tweets he was on the hot seat.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Jerry won't fire Garrett.

Just promote him, GM or invent a senior management position and put him there.
After all, he does have an organized mind and can help or organization maybe, and will be in line to be GM in the future

:cool:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh

Would love Harbaugh.....just don't know if he's Jerry's cup of tea. Wanna know two names Alex Smith credit with saving his career, Norv Turner and Jim Harbaugh.

I’d like to see Harbaugh coach the Cowboys, but he’s got his dream job at Michigan — where he has absolute control over the football program. He’d never have that kinda power under the Joneses.

That would be the last straw for me. The fascination some here have with the nose-picking Michigan man I'll never understand.

His 49ers slumped to 8-8 and then he bolted, and if you want to see a sluggish offense just watch his Michigan teams play 1980s football. They're 7-6 his last 13 games.

Hardest pass you can possibly imagine, pretty much the last guy I'd want.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
That would be the last straw for me. The fascination some here have with the nose-picking Michigan man I'll never understand.

His 49ers slumped to 8-8 and then he bolted, and if you want to see a sluggish offense just watch his Michigan teams play 1980s football. They're 7-6 his last 13 games.

Hardest pass you can possibly imagine, pretty much the last guy I'd want.
He didnt bolt, he was fired after the seahawk game

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He didnt bolt, he was fired after the seahawk game

I stand corrected. Getting fired is even worse than bolting. Then again, when you hire a scumbag you get what you deserve. Harbaugh is exactly where he belongs now.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I stand corrected. Getting fired is even worse than bolting. Then again, when you hire a scumbag you get what you deserve. Harbaugh is exactly where he belongs now.
IMO Getting fired doesnt prove he was a bad coach. Look at that organization now.

Belichick was fired from the Browns I believe.

Jim is leagues better than Jason. JIMO