Top Notch Draft

RodBro

Reaction score
I have heard all the whining and crying over this draft. Unlike so many others, I believe this draft has been brilliant. If you haven't caught on, here's a clue. This draft is about Tony Romo and surrounding him with playmakers.

Felix Jones brings the Cowboys a multi-dimentional home run threat. Last season we didn't have very many big runs and neither Barber or Jones made defenses worry about either one of them taking it to the house on any given play. Felix Jones has that ability and I suspect Garret will deploy his talents effectively with teams gearing up to slow down our passing game. I'm having visions of a Reggie Bush type of back.

Now I can see the perception of the mistake of trading Fasano and taking Bennett. Frankly, it makes perfect sense to me. Last season when teams sold out to bracket Witten and gave Fasano one on one matchups, he lost. He wasn't a threat. Watch Bennetts highlight reel and 1. He can Block and 2. He is fluid and runs like a WR. I believe if teams resort to leaving him in one on one situations like Fasano last season and he will make them pay dearly.

We have a premier QB entering his prime. We all saw what happened when some of our weapons went down last season. Surround Romo with talented vertical threats all over the field and let him work his magic.

Imagine you're the opposing defense coordinator. Romo is under center and you're facing a murders row of Owens, Glenn, Witten, Bennett, and Jones. Any of these players can beat your guy, man to man and take it to the house on any given play. Are you feeling it Cowboy fans?

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
LOL, I like the fact that you don't talk about drafting Jenkins. No one would be stupid and say that was a mistake.

I don't get it, almost everyone would be happy with Jones, but just because Mendenhall was still available, I see many whining.

How do people know for a fact the Mendenhall is better than Jones is beyond me.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
I gotta admit I am smiling from ear to ear when I consider the possibility of next year. I like the draft so far, looking forward to tomorrow.