Top Pundit Says 1 FA Reliever prefers Rangers over Loser-Phillies and Others

T-RO

Reaction score
All-Star Reliever Josh Hader is special. 1.28 ERA this year over 61 games in 2023!

He's the #1 FA reliever candidate, by a mile.

Bob Nightingale a top, respected MLB insider said this yesterday:

"Hader stands out by himself. I mean...Everyone I talk to says he's going to end up in Texas.​
He would love to play for (Ranger manager) Bochy. He's the top guy out there. Philly needs a closer too, but you know.... He would rather play for Texas, like a lot of guys would."​
Nightengale's words.

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
I'm hearing a lot of chatter basically rumors at this point that Shohei Ohtani has Texas #1 on his preferred destination

T-RO

Reaction score
I'm hearing a lot of chatter basically rumors at this point that Shohei Ohtani has Texas #1 on his preferred destination
I've heard the same, though I kinda doubt Texas would make that move, from a cost/value standpoint. The only bat the Rangers need is DH, and I think the best way to handle it simple:
Bring up Langford.

We'd then have four great Outfielders who can hit. Whichever of the four isn't in the field on a given day is your primary DH.

Save the money for starting pitching and relievers. I really like the idea of Hader as a Ranger.

T-RO

Reaction score
Poor Philthy Pholk. Choked away their chances while they had them. Now real men are on the scene.