Top Ten Outside Linebackers in Football?

chitchat

Reaction score
1. Julian Peterson
2. Derrick Brooks
3. Joey Porter
4. Takeo Spikes
5. Keith Bullock
6. Dexter Coakley
7. Peter Boulware
8. Donnie Edwards
9. Anthony Simmons
10. Dhani Jones

AJM1613

Reaction score
Dhani Jones a top 10 LB? I don't know about that, he is a fine starter, but top 10?

1. Derrick Brooks
2. Julian Peterson
3. Keith Bullock
4. LaVar Arrington
5. Keith Brooking
6. Joey Porter
7. Mark Fields
8. Peter Boulware
9. Shawn Barber/Marcus Washington (can't decide)
10. Mike Vrabel/Rosevelt Colvin (if healthy)

2k1nsm2u

Reaction score
Chithead are a cowboys fan or just someone posting on cowboys site. Its obvious though that you are a cowboys fan because you a choosing based on teams you do and dont like. How can you not put lavar arrington in the top ten. Eveyone with any sense knows he is in the top ten. How are you going to put dhani jones in the top 10 and not Arrington or Washington that is crazy. I think AJM1613's list is pretty good. My list would end up just about the same as his.

chitchat

Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to respond to the fact that Lavar was not on my top ten list. First off "2k1nsm2u" I am not a 'Boys fan and I did not base that list on what teams I do or do not like. Second...as for the MOST OVERRATED player in professional sports -Mr. Arrington- please explain to me what it is that makes him so great. He is "routinely" out of position and not sticking to his assignments. I live in the DC area so I see plenty of Commanders games... he is not a great tackler, because instead of wrapping up, he like to make sportscenter with a big hit, which ends up missing half of the time. If yo want to argue stats, we can do that too.... look at the leading tacklers in the league and tell me where Mr. Arrington is ranked. I agree that most people put him in the top 5, sometimes even as the best outside LB, but for some reason he has all you idiots fooled. I'm curious to see if I'm the only one who actually watches this guy, or does everyone get fooled by the occasional Big Hit!!!

TroyEmmittMichael

Reaction score
You must be crazy, because I hate the Skins and I know that Lavar Arrington is one of the best LB's in football Proabaly the best except for Ray Lewis and maybe Brian Urlacher. Nobody runs faster and hits harder than Lavar Arrington.

My List is

Ray Lewis
Lavar Arrington
Brian Urlacher
Derrick Brooks
Jamie Sharper
Dexter Coakley
Zach Thomas
Peter Boulware
Marcus Washington
Jeremiah Trotter

Reaction score
Considering this thread was supposed to be the best OLBs in the game, and your #1, and several others in your list are MLBs, you should not call the previous posters crazy....

2k1nsm2u

Reaction score
Joshmvii that is the funniest thing i have heard today....i love it when people put in there thoughts but dont even realize what we are talking about. and to chithead....how do u explain MR ARRINGTON'S 3 STRAIGHT trips to the pro bowl i guess those dont mean any thing. In 2002 he lead all LB in the league with 11 sacks how do you explain that. And what about stats....last 3 yrs in tackles 2003-116, 2002-107, 2001-100. Add another stat to the list.....he hasnt missed a start in 2 years.