Top ten wide receiver draft busts

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1450153 said:
Actually it had more to do with him being slow and small. Those moves that would work agaisnt Oregan State just stopped working in the NFL.

like the article stated, he wasn't quick enough in the pros to make up for his small stature

Aikbach

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;1449982 said:
i understand Howard wasnt too successful as a WR but he was a Super Bowl MVP and basically saved the Packers that entire playoff run.

there HAS to be bigger busts than Howard, great return men are hard to find and he might have been one of the best ever at it.
He was one year wonder basically, a bust as a receiver, a horrendous flop for Washington, almost cut in the pre-season before 1996 in Green Bay except Robert Brooks was hurt for a time and Howard managed to stay on the roster and buy his time.

He found a good blocking scheme and gained confidence as a return man for one great year.

Then he slid back into oblivion and reminded everyone he was a bust after collecting a Super Bowl ring and MVP trophy.

Aikbach

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1450936 said:
Mike Sherrod
I think you mean Mike Sherrard and if so I disagree with you on this.

He was a good player, broke his leg in training camp while showing great promise initially after Dallas drafted him. He was traded and although slowed by his devastating injury for which surgery of the era was unable to correct as effectively as in would today, he was a solid third wideout behind Jerry Rice and John Taylor for two Super Bowl appearances and three NFC CHampionship game losses afterwards.

He then was a solid veteran reserve and part time starter in New York for Dan Reeves and a third wideout in Denver in 1996 when the Broncos went 13-3 before calling it a career.

parchy

Reaction score
Biggems;1449890 said:
howard may not have been spectacular but he did win SB MVP....to me that should eliminate from being a top 10 bust

On his merits as a wide receiver alone, though? I'd say he earned a spot.

Aikbach

Reaction score
parchy;1450962 said:
On his merits as a wide receiver alone, though? I'd say he earned a spot.
One is tempted to make a top ten worst Commander wideout drafted.

Desmond Howard- utter bust as a receiver
Michael Westbrook- they passed on Galloway for his services
Rod Gardener-gone the way of Freddie Mitchell
Jacob Jacoby- a second rounder who started because the cupboard was empty.
Albert Connell- a second day draft choice who would've been a special teamer and fourth wideout on most teams, started one year for Washington out of necessity, he and Westbrook were quite a duo.

I'm outta ammunition, someone take over the next five...