TO's speed doubters stifled

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Forever everyone said TO wasn't a speedster, I think several times this year and last year he has proven that he is in fact extremely fast and last night on Felix Jones 60 yard TD scamper laminated that fact.

Everyone will tell you Felix is a burner, but last night we saw TO not only catch Felix from behind, but pass him to make the final block on his 60 yard TD.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
TO is crazy fast this year. I bet he's never had this much speed.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Wolfpack;2278234 said:
TO is crazy fast this year. I bet he's never had this much speed.

He has said that he thinks he is faster this year than ever before. Even in and out of his cuts. He attributed it to running routes in sand.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
He also ran down Nick Collins on Romo's INT.

But if you look at the replay, TO got blocked and shoved to the ground at the 3-4 yard line and then got back up and ran Collins down.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TO is now the complete football player. He reminds me of Witten with his willingness to block, decoy and all the other dirty work that helps the offense go.

Boysboy

Reaction score
I only counted ONE drop from TO-which was that short flanker where he prematurely looked upfield(not to defend him, but I've seen many receivers get anxious and do the same on this play). Why does he still get so much flack over this?

With that being said-we would be 8-8(maybe) without him. So there's nothing to complain.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
T.O. is a rocket, I've never understood people saying he wasn't a speed receiver. I think they just look at him physically and jump to the conclusion that he is a pure power receiver, but he has the speed to go with that power.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
ajk23az;2278257 said:

But if you look at the replay, TO got blocked and shoved to the ground at the 3-4 yard line and then got back up and ran Collins down.

Miles Austin had something similar happen to him, but he missed the tackle. Good effort though.

I loved T.O.'s hustle on that play.

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
nyc;2278202 said:
Forever everyone said TO wasn't a speedster, I think several times this year and last year he has proven that he is in fact extremely fast and last night on Felix Jones 60 yard TD scamper laminated that fact.

Everyone will tell you Felix is a burner, but last night we saw TO not only catch Felix from behind, but pass him to make the final block on his 60 yard TD.

Clip? This is hard to believe

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
ajk23az;2278257 said:

I noticed the same. Was surprised to see him making the tackle after being knocked on his arse at the beginning of the play, so far back.

TO hustles for every inch of the play, whether or not it's for him specifically.

You could tell he was a bit dissapointed in the way his game went, but he didn't let it effect him beyond having a serious look on his face. I'm glad to see he's dedicated to keeping his focus on the overall picture.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
HogsRLegends;2278460 said:
Clip? This is hard to believe

You didn't see the 60 yard TD already? T.O. flew past Felix from a good 5 yards behind.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
People love these "I told you so" threads when no one said anything to the contrary. I can't even remember the last time anyone called T.O. slow. They stopped calling him slow before he even left San Francisco, scoring a crap load of TD's will do that.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
i have never considered t.o. slow at all but last night seeing him in full sprint sans ball or route running duty, run past felix jones and outrun 2 packers who had angles was awe-worthy.

i see why he does his Bolt impersonation on TDs. With his height he looked alot like Bolt chewing up yardage.

to be his age and that speed is really unbelievable.