TO's speed doubters stifled

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;2278474 said:
People love these "I told you so" threads when no one said anything to the contrary. I can't even remember the last time anyone called T.O. slow. They stopped calling him slow before he even left San Francisco, scoring a crap load of TD's will do that.

This wasn't a "I told you so" thread, and you damn right people doubted his speed. Just look back in the archives of CZ.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
nyc;2278525 said:
This wasn't a "I told you so" thread, and you damn right people doubted his speed. Just look back in the archives of CZ.

"Forever everyone said TO wasn't a speedster, I think several times this year and last year he has proven that he is in fact extremely fast"

Sounds like an "I told you so" to me, even after a win, people gotta get on this board and rub fellow fans noses in crap that has nothing to do with anything.

There were plenty of threads and comments on how fast T.O. was in the game last night, but it's not enough to comment there and agree. Nope, gotta start a whole new thread.

Reaction score
T.O ran a 4.6 at the combine....

He has said repeatedly and even last night in referencing Charles Woodson covering him , that he is faster than the San Fran or Philly TO. He has trained his body to utilize every fast twitch muscle he has... and it shows when he runs by people....

FCBarca

Reaction score
Actually, not sure anyone is going to say Felix is a burner...If nothing else, TO catching him like that should confirm it.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
FCBarca;2278908 said:
Actually, not sure anyone is going to say Felix is a burner...If nothing else, TO catching him like that should confirm it.

I see what you did there ;) Not gonna catch me. :D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;2278588 said:
"Forever everyone said TO wasn't a speedster, I think several times this year and last year he has proven that he is in fact extremely fast"

Sounds like an "I told you so" to me, even after a win, people gotta get on this board and rub fellow fans noses in crap that has nothing to do with anything.

There were plenty of threads and comments on how fast T.O. was in the game last night, but it's not enough to comment there and agree. Nope, gotta start a whole new thread.

Where in there did I say anything close to "I told you so"? I just said all the doubter had to shutup. Do I smell a hint of sour grapes?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
He looks a little slimmer this year, especially in the face. He's definitely not in the 235-240 range that he was probably playing at with the 49ers and Eagles. Wouldn't be surprised if he's purposely dropped weight since he's not playing in the WCO anymore and taking so many of those short slants and crossing routes in the middle of the field.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
FCBarca;2278908 said:

How many times have you seen him caught from behind? 40 times and play speed can be different. btw, his combine 40 times was 4.47. 40 times can be skewed by how fast one person can get off vs someone else. That is what most people work on before the combine for their 40 times. You don't run the 40 in that fashion during an NFL game. The WR would be the closest that would, but most of the time they don't even because they don't run straight and completely untouched at the line.

Like some people judge cars 0-60mph others judge them from 60-100mph. People love those WRX cars because they take off quick, but they get waxed in long straight away races by cars with bigger engines.

FCBarca

Reaction score
nyc;2278979 said:
How many times have you seen him caught from behind? 40 times and play speed can be different. btw, his combine 40 times was 4.47. 40 times can be skewed by how fast one person can get off vs someone else. That is what most people work on before the combine for their 40 times. You don't run the 40 in that fashion during an NFL game. The WR would be the closest that would, but most of the time they don't even because they don't run straight and completely untouched at the line.

Like some people judge cars 0-60mph others judge them from 60-100mph. People love those WRX cars because they take off quick, but they get waxed in long straight away races by cars with bigger engines.

My take on Felix and speed (As if it matters at this point) is that Felix is more quick than fast...He has great change of direction and he can accelerate...Not a lot of backs can accelerate like that...He has another gear...However, as in straight line running?...Felix isn't a burner in my book.

Same would apply to T.O., as well

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
FCBarca;2279008 said:
My take on Felix and speed (As if it matters at this point) is that Felix is more quick than fast...He has great change of direction and he can accelerate...Not a lot of backs can accelerate like that...He has another gear...However, as in straight line running?...Felix isn't a burner in my book.

Same would apply to T.O., as well

Ok, explain why they aren't caught from behind of 50+ TDs. Thats pretty much straight away and long distance. By your logic, they should in fact be caught by faster guys like CBs.

FCBarca

Reaction score
nyc;2279015 said:
Ok, explain why they aren't caught from behind of 50+ TDs. Thats pretty much straight away and long distance. By your logic, they should in fact be caught by faster guys like CBs.

Wait until we play a team with fast DBs, he will get caught from behind if he doesn't break too far ahead...How insanely fast do you think T.O. is to have caught up to him from that far back?...T.O. has NEVER been called a burner...Come on people, let's not get carried away.

Felix has been great and he's been exactly what the coaching staff and scouts believed him to be....But a burner? :rolleyes:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
nyc;2278945 said:
Where in there did I say anything close to "I told you so"? I just said all the doubter had to shutup. Do I smell a hint of sour grapes?

Sour grapes about what?

And if you don't see an "I told you so" in your statement about telling "all doubters to shut up", then you are just being ignorant.

Felix is indeed more quick than fast, but what is consistently ignored is acceleration. It doesn't take Felix much to get to full speed.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Great points all around. TO can definitely fly, and Felix can fly as well. Let's be glad we have this type of speed on the field, nothing like speed. (no pun intended)

Chreph

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2279634 said:
:laugh2:

... oh, wait. You were serious.
lol you edited your original statment (no slow cb in the nfl)... I had the perfect response - see Henry, Anthony (relatively speaking, of course).

The int return that TO ran down was incredible to me. He gets knocked out of the play at the 3 yard line and runs the guy down when no one can catch him. :bow: