Twitter: Touchdown Tuesday: Romo to Witten in the red zone

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Truth be known, if not for a brain-dead decision by Eli prior to that, that game was lost. It basically got Coughlin fired.

And Bradford the next week, too.

Geez, this was almost a 2-14 season.

Bradford? They spanked the Eagles, that game wasn't close. On the flipside, had Romo decided to pull the chute instead of trying to recover that fumble Dallas beats Atlanta, New Orleans, Seattle, both second games against the Eagles and Giants for a minimum nine win season but more likely ten plus.

erod

Reaction score
Bradford? They spanked the Eagles, that game wasn't close. On the flipside, had Romo decided to pull the chute instead of trying to recover that fumble Dallas beats Atlanta, New Orleans, Seattle, both second games against the Eagles and Giants for a minimum nine win season but more likely ten plus.

What? It was 20-10 and Bradford was picked by Sean Lee in the end zone. Both offenses looked horrid.

In fact, Brandon Weeden came in and looked better than Romo that day.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
If Eli takes a knee before they kick the field goal, there's no time on the clock left. Ball game.

He didn't..........If my aunt had balls.......you know the rest. ;)

erod

Reaction score
He didn't..........If my aunt had balls.......you know the rest. ;)

True, but it's still just a gift. No play had to be made by Dallas to get the ball back. Eli just had a brain-dead moment.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
True, but it's still just a gift. No play had to be made by Dallas to get the ball back. Eli just had a brain-dead moment.

Here's the half full/what happened scenario...............marched down and scored.

I wouldn't see those other two scrub QB's doing that. Ever.

A gift would be Eli scoring for us.

JMO of course!

erod

Reaction score
Here's the half full/what happened scenario...............marched down and scored.

I wouldn't see those other two scrub QB's doing that. Ever.

A gift would be Eli scoring for us.

JMO of course!

No doubt, what Romo did after was vintage Romo. But if Eli doesn't throw the ball out of the back of the end zone and just takes a knee, Romo would have only had 40 seconds instead of a minute and a half left to score that final TD.

This was far worse than Garrett icing his own kicker.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
What? It was 20-10 and Bradford was picked by Sean Lee in the end zone. Both offenses looked horrid.

In fact, Brandon Weeden came in and looked better than Romo that day.

That game wasn't close and interceptions count last I checked.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
To me, Romo won that game more than Eli losing it. On the last two drives of the game Romo was 11/12 for 148 yards and 2 TD's.
Nearly 60% of all TD passes come from inside the opponent's 15-yard line.

In the last 19 minutes of that game, Romo threw more TD passes from inside the 15-yard line (3) than the Cowboys as a team threw in the next 12 games (2).

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yep... and that was pretty much the highlight of the season. Week 1 and done.