Tough to win when the stars don’t show up

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They’re all paid and their contracts are all highly restructured other than Parsons and Diggs.

You expect them to bang their heads in to win a playoff game?

They got paid not winning.
that is true, but that is where a good leader/ HC can get them to play hard, and if they dont , trade them. Let them know I will trade you to detroit or cleveland if
you dont play hard for me.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I can't be mad at the defense even though they didn't play well in the first half. If someone would have said before the game, the defense would keep the Niners to 23 points and get an INT on their side of the field, I would have said I'll take it and we'll win the game.

Even after the offense kept shooting itself on the foot, the defense made a stop and got the ball back to the offense with 3 minutes left being only down by 6 points. Too bad the offense chocked and could get it done.

Bucs defense held Eagles to 15 points, ALL of those came in the 4th quarter.

Rams held Cardinals to 11 points, ALL of those in the 2ND HALF!

STOP making excuses for the defense!!! If our defense played as good as the Bucs or Rams we could have won with our 17 points.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Dak did everything you said Romo did. So what's the point? In the end the results were the same....:facepalm:
Prescot is nothing more than a THREE TOE SLOTH in the pocket, he's slow with his reads, which means he's not getting balls to open receivers, his passes are lazy to the point that they're overthrown or underthrown to receivers and the 50-50 passes those are nonexistent. Prescot is a $40 million dollar mediocre QB weight around this organization's neck for the next 3 - 4 years. The 9res forced the game on him and we got the same ole' Prescot, the one who can't compete with the GOOD TEAMS in this league! Romo beat and got beat by some of the great teams in the early to mid 2000s, whereas Prescot in constantly getting beat by just GOOD TEAMS, they're not even great teams who are giving him QB lessons, it's a fricking sad state of affairs for this club..............

AKATheRake

Reaction score
that is true, but that is where a good leader/ HC can get them to play hard, and if they dont , trade them. Let them know I will trade you to detroit or cleveland if
you dont play hard for me.

Can’t trade those contracts. They all accelerate into our cap that we’re already bottom 3 in the league at.

Also Jerry is going to let that happen with what coach?

I can tell you this much. Everyone was bagging on McCarthy letting guys rest but I bet you a lot of it had to do with let me play the rookies and rotation players cause these overpaid starters aren’t going to hold their weight.

I’m certain that happened right across the roster this season.

SackMaster

Reaction score
160 million dollar QB didn’t have his best game.
90 million dollar RB 31 yards
Star WR has only 1 catch
Star DE no sacks
Rookie Star LB no sacks
All Pro CB no big plays

Can’t win when your big stars don’t produce.
morgan-freeman-pointing.gif

:laugh:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Prescot is nothing more than a THREE TOE SLOTH in the pocket, he's slow with his reads, which means he's not getting balls to open receivers, his passes are lazy to the point that they're overthrown or underthrown to receivers and the 50-50 passes those are nonexistent. Prescot is a $40 million dollar mediocre QB weight around this organization's neck for the next 3 - 4 years. The 9res forced the game on him and we got the same ole' Prescot, the one who can't compete with the GOOD TEAMS in this league! Romo beat and got beat by some of the great teams in the early to mid 2000s, whereas Prescot in constantly getting beat by just GOOD TEAMS, they're not even great teams who are giving him QB lessons, it's a fricking sad state of affairs for this club..............
Doesn't matter what you think of Dak. Nothing is going to change. So was Romo by the way......Maybe your GM should get better Quarterbacks....Jerry throw 40 million at me I'd be throwing the ball today. Sign me up,Jerrr

Zman5

Reaction score
Bucs defense held Eagles to 15 points, ALL of those came in the 4th quarter.

Rams held Cardinals to 11 points, ALL of those in the 2ND HALF!

STOP making excuses for the defense!!! If our defense played as good as the Bucs or Rams we could have won with our 17 points.

Why stop there? If our defense shut them out and got a pick six, we would have won with offense doing absolutely nothing. So what's your point? :facepalm:

Funny you didn't post how the Bucs and Rams offense played and scored compared to our offense.

Creeper

Reaction score
Star WR has only 1 catch
Star DE no sacks
Rookie Star LB no sacks
All Pro CB no big plays

No one is talking much about the all-pro CB but he had a really bad game. Not entirely his fault as some of the big passes completed against him took forever so one could fault the pass rush for not getting to the QB within the 5 seconds it took for those receivers to run down and then all the way across the field. Still, Diggs let some receivers get really open for Garoppolo.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Again it may be time to wash anyone with JG on thier resume off this sqaud..Starting with doogie howser OC he has been weighed and measured and found wanting in this league. Keep Micah and Diggs and look for outs on every other one. If you coached with or played for JG you have a disease and it doesnt look curable here. I have been patient and now Am convinced that anyone with JG's smell on them will fail when the game gets big....they just came out flat again in a playoff game..not for the first or second time either....Keep MM or DQ but its time to get anyone with JG ties out of here.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Why stop there? If our defense shut them out and got a pick six, we would have won with offense doing absolutely nothing. So what's your point? :facepalm:

Funny you didn't post how the Bucs and Rams offense played and scored compared to our offense.
I’m showing you how absurd it is for people to blame Dak when our whole team s*** the bed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Star WR has only 1 catch
Star DE no sacks
Rookie Star LB no sacks
All Pro CB no big plays

You are right....but something is off where NO ONE shows up....to me that says something greater is happening. Leadership up top.....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Star WR has only 1 catch
Star DE no sacks
Rookie Star LB no sacks
All Pro CB no big plays

LOL...........so true and when your bad players play bad. Never seen a worse game from an Oline. No sacks from the D. It was total comedy.

The funniest was when Smith and Williams BOTH false start to begin a drive. Then before they even snapped the next play Collins did false start. LOL

1st and 20 before we even snapped the ball. That was pretty much the entire day.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You are right....but something is off where NO ONE shows up....to me that says something greater is happening. Leadership up top.....

It is, again that GM is not leaving, But there is something to be said for getting everyone with ties to the old regime out of here. Again I like Dak and Tank and the others but lets be honest..they have not been able to shake this disease here. At some point everyone involved needs a reset including those players...FOR SURE cut KM if he is not hired somewhere else, but truthfully I'm looking for outs on all of JG's people I think its best for both parties at this point. They came out flat again in a playoff game...this mix of leaders just doesnt work so far.

Zman5

Reaction score
I’m showing you how absurd it is for people to blame Dak when our whole team s*** the bed.

My post didn't mention Dak. If your defense can hold the best redzone team to 23 points and get you a turnover while the offense kept messing up and even giving the ball away in the redzone, they did their job.

The defense held the Niners and got the ball back to the offense with 3 minutes left only being down 6 points. In a playoff game, unless you have a historically dominant defense, that's as good as it's going to get. Especially when the offense couldn't sustain any drives and kept putting the defense in bad positions.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
My post didn't mention Dak. If your defense can hold the best redzone team to 23 points and get you a turnover while the offense kept messing up and even giving the ball away in the redzone, they did their job.

The defense held the Niners and got the ball back to the offense with 3 minutes left only being down 6 points. In a playoff game, unless you have a historically dominant defense, that's as good as it's going to get. Especially when the offense couldn't sustain any drives and kept putting the defense in bad positions.

I’m merely illustrating how other teams’ defenses played compared to ours.

Bucs held the #1 rushing team to 95 yards. Eagles can’t score until the 4th quarter. THAT is making an impact. Neutralizing an opponent’s strength is important, and we couldn’t contain the 49er rushing attack nor Samuel.

Meanwhile we get gashed for almost 200 yards. Uh, yeah - we’re going to lose after a poor showing like that. No one cares if they got one last stop with 3 minutes left, they should’ve been doing that earlier.

Zman5

Reaction score
I’m merely illustrating how other teams’ defenses played compared to ours.

Bucs held the #1 rushing team to 95 yards. Eagles can’t score until the 4th quarter. THAT is making an impact. Neutralizing an opponent’s strength is important, and we couldn’t contain the 49er rushing attack nor Samuel.

Meanwhile we get gashed for almost 200 yards. Uh, yeah - we’re going to lose after a poor showing like that. No one cares if they got one last stop with 3 minutes left, they should’ve been doing that earlier.

Yes they could have played bette.r. They did get gashed by the run but the end of the day, if the defense gives you offense multiple chance to win at the end of the game, I think they did their job. I can't say the same for the offense.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Yes they could have played bette.r. They did get gashed by the run but the end of the day, if the defense gives you offense multiple chance to win at the end of the game, I think they did their job. I can't say the same for the offense.
They both sucked. No one stepped up to make game changing plays on defense except BROWN of all people. :D

Dak played average like he has in half his games, Zeke got 30 yards rushing, the OL got bullied.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
And no one else produces either. But yes, we expected a LOT more from all of these players. Add in Tyron missing some blocks and getting penalties, and even Zach missed a stunt to allow a sack. It was a **** show from start to finish by the entire team.
What I can't understand was why they seemed so lethargic when they came out. Here you are with an opportunity to advance in the playoffs with a chance to play in the superbowl. But yet they appeared on tv like it was just another game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I read they have curtains, but jerry refuses to use them! thats all that is needed.
and it did cost them one big play where cedrik could not see the ball.

Yep I read the same thing and that cost us some points right there unbelievable