Toughest Remaining Game?

jdnelson103

Reaction score
So which of the remaining games do you think is the toughest. I personally believe that this weekend will be the toughest, because of who and where we're playing combined with the circumstances.

Pittsburgh is tough, but there shouldn't be as much pressure, because if we're going to lose a game, this would be the best one since they're in the AFC.

The Giants still don't impress me. Call me when they beat a good, healthy team convincingly. Yes they beat the Steelers, but a backup long snapper would have changed that outcome. And don't give me the Eagles, McNabb couldn't have hit his receiveers even if the NY defenders would have stood still. He had open guys many times in the first half, just couldn't make the throw.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
All I can think about is the Commanders. How anyone can get ahead of Sunday is beyond me.

jdnelson103

Reaction score
I'm not trying to look past this game as if it's not important, it's just another topic. We've had two weeks to discuss the game this weekend, and I think just about every topic has been covered.

Besides, we're the fans. Who cares if we look ahead, as long as the players don't. I'm pretty sure that's allowed.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sunday is the only game that matters right now. i don't care about what else is on the schedule.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think the next 2 games are going to be the toughest.

First the Skins because they just play good football and don't usually make mistakes.

Then, if we win, we have SF which is going to be a game which we have to prove that we can focus when the task does not seem so big. SF is going to be tough with Singletary as coach. He seems to have them in the right frame of mind.

The big games - assuming we are winning, against NYG, Balt, Pitt and Philly are going to be tough for sure but we should be easily focused.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
jdnelson103;2415630 said:
So which of the remaining games do you think is the toughest. I personally believe that this weekend will be the toughest, because of who and where we're playing combined with the circumstances.

Pittsburgh is tough, but there shouldn't be as much pressure, because if we're going to lose a game, this would be the best one since they're in the AFC.

The Giants still don't impress me. Call me when they beat a good, healthy team convincingly. Yes they beat the Steelers, but a backup long snapper would have changed that outcome. And don't give me the Eagles, McNabb couldn't have hit his receiveers even if the NY defenders would have stood still. He had open guys many times in the first half, just couldn't make the throw.

they're all tough.we get the best from every team,every game we play.

MONT17

Reaction score
Boys lose Sunday they will be 2 back of the Skins with no tie breakers with 6 to play! Do the math not the meth!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
They're all going to be difficult, I think the remaining division games will be the toughest but it all starts this Sunday. If we lose to the Commanders, the rest may not matter much.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2415819 said:
All of them
Cosign.

No matter how good they may look in one game, duplicating that effort in the next seems to be the biggest challenge of all.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
The next game is toughest. After that, it will be the next one. And after that, I think it will be the next one.

Play the next game. We lost the allowance of looking past games. When you lose to the Rams, every game after is your toughest.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
jdnelson103;2415682 said:
I'm not trying to look past this game as if it's not important, it's just another topic. We've had two weeks to discuss the game this weekend, and I think just about every topic has been covered.

Besides, we're the fans. Who cares if we look ahead, as long as the players don't. I'm pretty sure that's allowed.

Yeah.. I hear you and not tryin' to diss your thread. Just sayin' we got hammered by the Rams. No real need to discuss the rest of the season from a strategic standpoint until we show we can play football.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Seattle. Because you won't be expecting it. Hasselbeck will be healthy and Julius Jones will run well. This game scares me. Well, hell they all do at this point!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2415819 said:
All of them

I agree. We have to win the tough ones and beat the others convincingly or it won't be good enough.

I hope we win them all ugly just to piss the mediots off.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
lots of really tough games left on the schedule. seattle and san fran should be wins but the other games are not gimmes. if the boys do not get this turned around either then seahawks and 49ers could give us a hard time as well.

@skins
@eagles
@steelers
gmen at home
ravens at home

FCBarca

Reaction score
In a season that has gone 180 , not sure how anyone can look past the game right in front of the Cowboys...For me, this is a make/break game...If there's some hope they turn this thing around, this is the game to do it else they go into the last stretch 5-5...4 of those remaing 6 contests are against not just winning teams, but strong teams (2 on the road)...They're starting 9-7 or 8-8 in the face and would be a bubble team for the wildcard.

If they win, 10-6 isn't far fetched and that wildcard looks a little more tenable.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score

I won't go this far but I will say the Giants are not 21 points better than us. Most of their points, 21 of them in fact came from turnovers and those turnovers were from our backup QB's inability to throw the ball to correct color jerseys. With a healthy team, we are equal or better than the Giants. They were just as sloppy as we were in that game and they had their full arsenal of players. Manning threw an interception and fumble the ball and got lucky a few other times by overthrowing his receivers. The Giants also had about the same amount of penalties as we did.

kramskoi

Reaction score

You may not like the Giants but they are the most consistent and statistically superior team right now, the gaffe against Cleveland notwithstanding.

And they are physical, a quality the Cowboys sorely lack in sufficient quantities.

Only Tennessee has as many quality wins [4-0] but the Giants have won these games by an avg of 10.5 ppg...best in the league. DVOA also has them best in the league.

The Giants are for real. The only question is whether or not Dallas can rise to the challenge.

It starts with their hydra-running game which is giving Eli greater comfort and margin for error this year...Dallas' only hope of catching them lies in the fact their schedule is a tad harder over the last seven games.

However, the chances of New York dropping three out of the last seven are small unless the injury bug hits them down the stretch...this happened before in 2006 after they started 6-2, only to finish 2-6 on the way to an 8-8 finish.

The Cowboys should'nt even be thinking about 10-6. If the playoffs started today, three teams would be ahead of them for the two wildcard spots. Dallas needs 11-5 or better because too many teams could be in contention by the end of the year, judging by the current standings. If they have to finish 10-6 the losses better be against Pittsburgh and Baltimore.