Tournament Idea Thread 3 (Best Movie Villain Point Totals | Post 304)

What is your definition of 'movie villain'?

• Live action, overly altered human appearing actor (ex: The Predator, Davey Jones)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live action, special effects/CGI based artificial performer (ex: shark in Jaws, Thanos)

• Animation based artificial performer (ex: The Red Hood, Scar)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I like Spader but I got burned out on "this may be the most dangerous man in the world" every week. Oh yeah? You said that last week and why are you the only one that knows that? Interpol, Scotland Yard, FBI clueless? Break it up, "this may be the 5th most dangerous man in the world, I am saving 1-4 for the ratings sweeps".
:laugh::laugh:You called why I couldn't watch anymore. You're a sellout dude, stop acting like you have integrity...and always got a little bit more dirt just when he looks he emptied his goody bag. I deftly hear your take my man. It was the lady agent that made me stay on longer than I would normally. It was a bit much.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think submitting videos would be permitted. There's not enough PG rated and if there is, it ain't damned funny.
There is a lot of clean stuff that could be posted. The dirty stuff would simply be underrepresented due to lack of posted video examples. I do get your point though.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Oh for the love of all that is holy, no! No way! I will be moderating the idea thread, go to bed, wake up, log on, and have my eyes blasted by 50 skimpily clothed models from Beijing's Sports Illustrated editions! And I didn't even know Beijing HAD Sports Illustrated!!!

(I will wait-and-see if one of my favorite posters reads that without tagging him)

Another thing to consider is that moderator Grinch, DallasEast, would restrict any photos to cleavage up. And probably top edge of cleavage up at that. Please. No one hate me. After all, my heart is three sizes too small.

giphy.gif
Best Playboy periodical?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a good idea because that's got wide appeal and should get participation because DE's feelings get hurt if we don't have enough voters. And there aren't any Elvis TV dramas for cowboyec to go nuts over but get ready for an all out assault on Rawhide, he's as nuts about Eastwood as he is Elvis.
Now I have Rawhide's theme, which is one of my all-time favorites, bouncing off the insides of my skull. Thanks a lot!

RAAAAAAWHIDE! YA!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Spader but I got burned out on "this may be the most dangerous man in the world" every week. Oh yeah? You said that last week and why are you the only one that knows that? Interpol, Scotland Yard, FBI clueless? Break it up, "this may be the 5th most dangerous man in the world, I am saving 1-4 for the ratings sweeps".
If you ever book a flight on a private jet and notice James Spader is on the passenger list, skip it. Trust me or you might receive a first-hand lesson in Isaac Newton's Law of Gravity.

The hard way.

:p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Brainstorming. Need input.

Up until now, I have been creating threads for members to vote in specific rounds. Doing so provided permanent source threads for anyone to review after the round ended.

Unfortunately, my handiwork is creating a lot more threads that do not flow off the Off-Topic front page as quickly as I want. The forum has good traffic but not a lot of original thread creation, which would normally push old threads down each forum page faster. lol. I would not care if this happened on the Fan Zone, where 10 billion new but same-old Prescott threads are created every day.

I am considering a single thread for voting. After each round ends, I would copy-and-paste its results, along with graphic brackets, into a follow-up post within that same thread. The previous poll used for voting would be deleted and replaced with a new poll. Same process. Single source thread. Less forum clutter.

Thoughts?

And I promise I will give you the stink eye, @big dog cowboy , if you post, "Well! Why didn't you THINK of doing that already???" :mad::D
Wouldn't closing threads push them off the page faster? People post in Off Topic threads every day, just about, and I would think if they didn't, it wouldn't really be too important to push old tournament threads off the page, would it?

cowboyec

Reaction score
all tournament ideas should be specific...
ok.....

BEST ELVIS SONG OF ALL-TIME

BEST ELVIS ALBUM OF ALL-TIME

BEST ELVIS MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

cowboyec

Reaction score
more SPECIFIC ideas...

BEST SONG OF ALL-TIME

BEST ALBUM OF ALL-TIME

BEST CONCERT ALBUM OF ALL-TIME

BEST ROCK ALBUM OF ALL-TIME

BEST COUNTRY ALBUM OF ALL-TIME

BEST GOSPEL ALBUM OF ALL-TIME

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn't closing threads push them off the page faster? People post in Off Topic threads every day, just about, and I would think if they didn't, it wouldn't really be too important to push old tournament threads off the page, would it?
Nope. I automatically close each thread after use, even the idea threads are locked when finished.

Here is the thing. You are 100% correct. People do post in Off-Topic threads every day. Unfortunately, those particular threads are usually those that already exist. New threads would jump ABOVE the closed threads AND join threads that everyone has been posting in every day already.

It is all about clutter, likely does not make anyone else give a second thought. Me? I say to myself, "Good gravy! There are DallasEast threads all over the front page! Dang that guy! Dang him to death!!!"

cowboyec

Reaction score
and some more with specificness

BEST MOVIE MONSTER OF ALL-TIME

BEST CRYPTID OF ALL-TIME

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
all tournament ideas should be specific...
ok.....

BEST ELVIS SONG OF ALL-TIME

BEST ELVIS ALBUM OF ALL-TIME

BEST ELVIS MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
more SPECIFIC ideas...

BEST SONG OF ALL-TIME

BEST ALBUM OF ALL-TIME

BEST CONCERT ALBUM OF ALL-TIME

BEST ROCK ALBUM OF ALL-TIME

BEST COUNTRY ALBUM OF ALL-TIME

BEST GOSPEL ALBUM OF ALL-TIME
I am buying you a pair of brand new blue suede shoes. If those are not the perfect Christmas gift, nothing is.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nope. I automatically close each thread after use, even the idea threads are locked when finished.

Here is the thing. You are 100% correct. People do post in Off-Topic threads every day. Unfortunately, those particular threads are usually those that already exist. New threads would jump ABOVE the closed threads AND join threads that everyone has been posting in every day already.

It is all about clutter, likely does not make anyone else give a second thought. Me? I say to myself, "Good gravy! There are DallasEast threads all over the front page! Dang that guy! Dang him to death!!!"

Oh, I see. You don't want to have a thread count like Egyptian Cotton....or @Reverend Conehead . Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.