Trade Amari This Offseason?

kskboys

Reaction score
I can't see any of those teams, but your guess is as good as mine. But I'd have to ask, if you're "salary dumping" one year in, what the hell kind of planning did you have in the first place?
This D held together by bubble gum fell apart. It's prolly not fixable in 2 years w/o extra draft picks. We're not going to win enough to contend until it's fixed. I'm willing to listen to any idea that involves fixing the D.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm typing this but I think it's time to trade him. Gallup has WR1 traits. Cee Dee does as well. Cedric Wilson seems poised to be a good WR3. They are all on their rookie deals. Gallup gonna need a new contract and we know eventually Cee Dee gonna get a big 2nd contract.

Love Coop but at $20M I am expecting more from him. His knick knack injuries are starting to pile up. Not sure what the Cowboys can get for him, but trading him should be explored this offseason or sooner.

Thoughts?

Yes.
You understand.

ghst187

Reaction score
Teams will want Gallup and his cheap contract. Might swing a high draft pick for him although I hate the idea. Love having all three.

Reactions: CWR

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Teams will want Gallup and his cheap contract. Might swing a high draft pick for him although I hate the idea. Love having all three.

I've thought trading Gallup was a good idea, then remember that comp picks make it next to impossible for those trades to be worthwhile. Gallup probably gets a fat contract in free agency in 2022. We get a 3rd round comp for him.

Maybe someone gives us a 2 or 3 for Gallup in trade. I'd rather keep him for the higher round 3. For a 2, if it would be an early round pick, probably take it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Old Adam is dead man walking. He will be fired as soon as the season ends. He might not even make it that long.
We've already seen 2 fired in early season and he's on the list and I am not a Jets fan but I will look forward to his firing because he's an awesome person. He's the guy that will think 'I'm fixin' to get good n mad" and be only half right.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
We've already seen 2 fired in early season and he's on the list and I am not a Jets fan but I will look forward to his firing because he's an awesome person. He's the guy that will think 'I'm fixin' to get good n mad" and be only half right.
It is amazing how far he has gotten on that one good year with Payton Manning.

CWR

Reaction score

Its inevitable we are losing one of them. The trick is to maximize production and flip whichever one while we still can. I know we dont want to lose anyone, but its going to happen. I would like to get something in return.

Johnny23

Reaction score
No you don't trade Cooper. He is what he is a guy who gets you 1100-1300 yards,6-8 tds. He's a weird introvert and he does pout but he plays. He's not changing and we shouldn't trade him now that we had the commitment to him. It makes absolutely no sense not to give him the benefit of the doubt. I personally believe Gallup and Lamb are the future.

ghst187

Reaction score
I've thought trading Gallup was a good idea, then remember that comp picks make it next to impossible for those trades to be worthwhile. Gallup probably gets a fat contract in free agency in 2022. We get a 3rd round comp for him.

Maybe someone gives us a 2 or 3 for Gallup in trade. I'd rather keep him for the higher round 3. For a 2, if it would be an early round pick, probably take it.

great point! Forgot about that. So just ride him out his contract unless someone offers a first to get him a year early.

black label

Reaction score
Anari was going to get drilled with daks throws but since it's not the case anymore let's keep him