Trade at what position helps us the most today

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
DT easily. You get a good dt in here and all of a suddon this LB group looks twice as good. Interior pressure does wonders for your edge rushers. A true run stuffer up the middle allows your safeties to stay back instead of cheating to play run. A DT doesn't make this team the 85 bears on defense, but its funny how one upgrade like that can have a ripple effect on every other player.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
DT will help the back side so I’d start there. Since LVE is coming back we might be okay at LB, but if there is a player with good value out there I’d kick the tires for sure. I’m not sure if we will see consistency out of Jaylon.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DT no doubt. Then S.
But not in favor of giving up draft picks, unless late rounds.

No 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks. Rather suffer through and see what happens.

As many on here say we aren't going anywhere this season anyway. and want to draft defense, so we will need those picks.
If you are wanting to trade high picks for quality players, which we could only get a few then will have to pay them. That means you are saying we actually do have a chance this season to go deep in the playoffs.

Sorry, but 2 players may not fix the problems, as well we get strapped cash wise.

So what will it really be? Give up the future, possibly with no high draft picks and cap issues. Or take a chance they improve with the returning injured players, poaching a few other players and may get a hidden gem, have draft picks for a long term future.

catiii

Reaction score
:lmao2:
400 lb NT who goes by "Engine Block" and 2 DTs, 1 of whom goes by "Rebar" and the other who goes by "I'mGonnaKillYouSucker" "IGKYS" for short. What we've needed for a long time. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
What position do you guys think that would help us the most on defense,

Safety?
Corner?
DT?
Linebacker?

Weigh in and share your thoughts. I think a case can be made for each.

I am curious if we can poach a guy off of another team’s practice squad to fill the void at safety.
To me we will do nothing given Dak's situation.

I can not see us investing in anybody.

We will ride this all out and wait for Dak to come back.

Plus the virus situation needs answers.

We shall see..

quickccc

Reaction score
What position do you guys think that would help us the most on defense,

Safety?
Corner?
DT?
Linebacker?

Weigh in and share your thoughts. I think a case can be made for each.

I am curious if we can poach a guy off of another team’s practice squad to fill the void at safety.

CB would be last on the list with me, since Brown's return to add with rookie Diggs
and with Awuzie in a couple of weeks - Lewis and Worley are what they are .. emergency CBs in a pinch.

- the biggest problem is clearly hurting us at DT. where we just lost clearly our best DT in Trysten Hill .. (Ouch!)
he was showing splash penetrating ability in spots before the ACL injury

- Poe is useless, either he is still out of shape, unmotivated or he simply does not have anything left in him.
for all his birth and weight room strength, he's still getting turned sideways and he simply cannot get off blocks.
He signed a 2 year deal but i clearly do not see him back next year.

- Not far behind is Crawford - those that have observed him will continue to note how he is getting knocked
and bounced around every single game. he doesn't have his legs, he's running on empty, and this is by a guy that
wasn't even starting. heaven forbid if he is forced into the starting lineup at 3 tech per Hill injury.
His body simply cannot take that much pounding as he is already still struggling as just a rotation guy.

- Woods is being overexposed, he's not good at stacking the double teams, and the more he plays, the more he is exposed
and worn down. But now he becomes our best DT.

- Rookie Gallimore is still too raw and inexperience, but when he does gets freed up on a rush, he can really motor
to the QB in a hurry.
His run stuff and lack of anchor core and subpar techniques is gonna keep him as a rotation guy in the meantime.
But we have to play him.

Until we get better play from our DTs, the LBs will continue to be that much more pounded and expose- more leaks in
an already porous run defense.

stiletto

Reaction score
I wouldn't be unhappy with a serious trade at the LB or Safety positions. Would have to be a similar trade for an Amari type talent on Defense, young guy that can change the dynamic. Doubt it happens but I wouldn't just trade to trade.

DanA

Reaction score
We need like five players.

Two DT’s
Two safeties
One no.1 CB

That can’t be done this season. Maybe we can turn it around next season but even that feels a stretch.

Offensive problems are temporary. If Tyron, and Collins get back we should be fine but we have no answers on defense. Even without Tyron we might be okay with just Knight as long as he’s the only inexperienced OT.

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This is Just not accurate. Our defense is horrible because the defensive players are horrible. Adding Better players , even if they are average ones, would help the defense.
Say you have 22 potholes on one block. Does fixing three of them make that block better?
:muttley:

I say, we dig it all up and lay new concrete. Cause ain't no helping these 'Boys....lol.