Trade Back Mock

tm1119

Reaction score
Buffalo moves up to get the best WR left on the board. Cowboys receive 28, 128, and 144 (738) for 24 (740)

28- Jordan Morgan OT/OG Arizona- If his arms were an inch longer I don’t think there would questions about his ability to stick at LT. But even if he can’t I think he has a high floor as a very good OG.

56- Marshawn Kneeland DE Western Michigan- Great blend of size, power and athleticism. Uses long arms for a great bull rush while also having the speed to threaten the corner. Also not a push over in the run game.

87- Maason Smith DT LSU- Smith is still raw and comes with an injury history, but has a sky high ceiling. Long arms with a ton of power and a great 1st step. Could become a monster with the right coaching.

128- Ray Davis RB Kentucky- Tough between the tackles runner with good vision and patience. Not going to wow you with speed or highlight plays, but is a reliable yards getter.

144- Jordan Magee LB Temple- High motor LB with good size and athleticism. Well rounded player that could turn into a reliable starter.

174- Jacob Monk OC Duke- Rare 5 year starter across 3 different positions. Smart reliable player that has the necessary size and strength to play on the interior. Could push for our starting OC spot.

216- Dylan Laube RB New Hampshire- Shifty small school RB that also has slot WR traits. Can also return kicks. Probably never a full time starter, but could occupy 3 different roster spots as RB3, WR5, and KR.

233- Chigozie Anusiem CB Colorado St- Big, athletic CB that will need a lot of coaching, but has the traits of an NFL CB.

244- Jack Plummer QB Louisville- I think Plummer has the necessary skill set to be a solid backup QB. Can fill the 3rd emergency QB role without being on the active 46 if Rush doesn’t make it thru camp on the roster.

*Need to find depth at WR and CB between draft and camp.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Buffalo moves up to get the best WR left on the board. Cowboys receive 28, 128, and 144 (738) for 24 (740)

28- Jordan Morgan OT/OG Arizona- If his arms were an inch longer I don’t think there would questions about his ability to stick at LT. But even if he can’t I think he has a high floor as a very good OG.

56- Marshawn Kneeland DE Western Michigan- Great blend of size, power and athleticism. Uses long arms for a great bull rush while also having the speed to threaten the corner. Also not a push over in the run game.

87- Maason Smith DT LSU- Smith is still raw and comes with an injury history, but has a sky high ceiling. Long arms with a ton of power and a great 1st step. Could become a monster with the right coaching.

128- Ray Davis RB Kentucky- Tough between the tackles runner with good vision and patience. Not going to wow you with speed or highlight plays, but is a reliable yards getter.

144- Jordan Magee LB Temple- High motor LB with good size and athleticism. Well rounded player that could turn into a reliable starter.

174- Jacob Monk OC Duke- Rare 5 year starter across 3 different positions. Smart reliable player that has the necessary size and strength to play on the interior. Could push for our starting OC spot.

216- Dylan Laube RB New Hampshire- Shifty small school RB that also has slot WR traits. Can also return kicks. Probably never a full time starter, but could occupy 3 different roster spots as RB3, WR5, and KR.

233- Chigozie Anusiem CB Colorado St- Big, athletic CB that will need a lot of coaching, but has the traits of an NFL CB.

244- Jack Plummer QB Louisville- I think Plummer has the necessary skill set to be a solid backup QB. Can fill the 3rd emergency QB role without being on the active 46 if Rush doesn’t make it thru camp on the roster.

Nice job.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
no thank you.

Ray Davis would be the only player who didn't make me completely uninterested in this draft.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'm just not sold on taking a back that late. You can find a starter, but the percentages of doing that are much lower, and we really need to find a starter.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
You don’t seem to like anyone…

What’s your issue with Kneeland and Smith?
Kneeland is underwhelming to me. Not twitchy, lacks fundamentals, a little stiff. Felt he bullied subpar competition for his better performances.

Maason Smith shows flashes of some athletic traits but disappears too often. Fear the player who can dominate and chooses not to. Really bad discipline, stands straight up when he's tired, gets washed out of plays. Has no pass-rush plan just tries to plow over people. Mazi-like.

I like lots of players.

tm1119

Reaction score
Kneeland is underwhelming to me. Not twitchy, lacks fundamentals, a little stiff. Felt he bullied subpar competition for his better performances.

Maason Smith shows flashes of some athletic traits but disappears too often. Fear the player who can dominate and chooses not to. Really bad discipline, stands straight up when he's tired, gets washed out of plays. Has no pass-rush plan just tries to plow over people. Mazi-like.

I like lots of players.
So only draft players from major programs? We all know that’s not the case. And watch the senior bowl 1-on-1 if you don’t think Kneeland can hang with the big boys.

Yeah there’s risk with Smith, but that’s what you get in the late 3rd round. I’ll take the risk on a guy with elite traits there any day. Smith remind me of a slightly shorter Arik Armstead.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
So only draft players from major programs? We all know that’s not the case. And watch the senior bowl 1-on-1 if you don’t think Kneeland can hang with the big boys.

Yeah there’s risk with Smith, but that’s what you get in the late 3rd round. I’ll take the risk on a guy with elite traits there any day. Smith remind me of a slightly shorter Arik Armstead.
I don't mind smaller school players, Quinyon Mitchell was one on my favorite players all year.

I watched the Senior Bowl, Kneeland did okay, just didn't do anything to make me want to draft him before the 3rd round. I realize he will probably go 2nd round; I'm fine not being that team.

Armstead was always graceful, his athlteicism jumped off the screen. Smith plays too tall and I've just watched him get moved completely out of the way too often.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Love the Davis and Magee picks but rounds 1-3 feel like reaches for me.

morasp

Reaction score
28- Jordan Morgan OT/OG Arizona-
I like Morgan and think he is absolutely a trade back option. He would be a good drive blocker and pass protector.

56- Marshawn Kneeland DE Western Michigan-
I like mock drafts outside of the box, he wasn't on my radar

87- Maason Smith DT LSU-
Another player I hadn't looked too closely at

128- Ray Davis RB Kentucky-
Good day three RB pick, good receiver out of the backfield too.

144- Jordan Magee LB Temple-
I'm on board with Magee. how early they address the position depends on how they plan to use Parsons

174- Jacob Monk OC Duke-

216- Dylan Laube RB New Hampshire-

233- Chigozie Anusiem CB Colorado St-

244- Jack Plummer QB Louisville-