Trade D Law

Cowboys22

Reaction score
You can't trade a free agent. All you trade Lawrence guys need to get that though your thick skulls and stop wasting bandwidth. He technically isn't on the team until he signs the tender. The NFL isn't the NBA there is no sign and trade deals in the NFL.

Sorry but yes he can be traded while under the tag. What makes a trade nearly impossible is that he needs shoulder surgery. That makes getting value for him practically bill which means it isn’t an option for Dallas but if some team did come with an offer they liked, they could trade him instantly.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry but yes he can be traded while under the tag. What makes a trade nearly impossible is that he needs shoulder surgery. That makes getting value for him practically bill which means it isn’t an option for Dallas but if some team did come with an offer they liked, they could trade him instantly.
I can't believe most people don't know that. Also you have first rights of getting your free agent back if you don't like the trade deal. That's the beauty of the tag

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes let's get rid of a quarterback that has 13 fourth-quarter wins the last 3 season. I trust him most when the game is on the line. From the first nap until the last snap everything in between is called football I care what you do when you have a ball in your hands last. The guy is not a choke he's an absolute winner go Prescott.

bb721

Reaction score

Wrong. As things stand right now he can NOT be traded for one very simple reason. He has not signed the franchise tender. He is not under the tag until it is signed. If and when he does, a trade it then becomes possible.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wrong. As things stand right now he can NOT be traded for one very simple reason. He has not signed the franchise tender. He is not under the tag until it is signed. If and when he does, a trade it then becomes possible.
Are you sure about that? I understand as long as he's a free agent you have the draft rights and you have the first rights to retain him. But he still has to agree to the terms. I don't think you have to be actually signed. But it's a confusing rule

Cowboys22

Reaction score

You have no clue what you’re talking about. Learning how to do simple google searches would do wonders for you.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ar...xplanation-chiefs-dontari-poe-eric-berry/amp/

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Are you sure about that? I understand as long as he's a free agent you have the draft rights and you have the first rights to retain him. But he still has to agree to the terms. I don't think you have to be actually signed. But it's a confusing rule

No he is not. Once the tag is applied, the player is treated as under contract. The team can trade him at any time once tagged.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I would trade him for Josh Rosen and the 33rd overall pick. I would then trade Dak to another team for a 2nd round pick. The Cowboys would have plenty of ammo to move up for a pass rusher. Rosen can easily be better than Jared Goff in the right situation (good o-line, run game, and weapons). The Cowboys would also save a ton of money by not signing Dak and D Law to franchise crippling contracts.

You got my attention with the trade dlaw title as I wonder what we may fetch for him? After that it got a little wild.

bb721

Reaction score
You have no clue what you’re talking about. Learning how to do simple google searches would do wonders for you.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ar...xplanation-chiefs-dontari-poe-eric-berry/amp/

Sounds like you're the one who needs to do some Googling...

"Players may sign the tender at any point after officially being tagged. Until the tender is inked, the team can rescind the franchise or transition tag. Once the sheet is signed, the player's salary is guaranteed for that season. If a player does not sign the tender, they remain without a contract, and therefore are not subject to fine schedules for skipping offseason workouts (as we saw with Bell last year). A player who has not signed the tender can also not be traded."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...se-tag-primer-teams-can-start-tagging-players

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I would trade him for Josh Rosen and the 33rd overall pick. I would then trade Dak to another team for a 2nd round pick. The Cowboys would have plenty of ammo to move up for a pass rusher. Rosen can easily be better than Jared Goff in the right situation (good o-line, run game, and weapons). The Cowboys would also save a ton of money by not signing Dak and D Law to franchise crippling contracts.
i see your copy of madden came in from ebay...

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Sounds like you're the one who needs to do some Googling...

"Players may sign the tender at any point after officially being tagged. Until the tender is inked, the team can rescind the franchise or transition tag. Once the sheet is signed, the player's salary is guaranteed for that season. If a player does not sign the tender, they remain without a contract, and therefore are not subject to fine schedules for skipping offseason workouts (as we saw with Bell last year). A player who has not signed the tender can also not be traded."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...se-tag-primer-teams-can-start-tagging-players

No, again it is you. That is referring to after the July 15 deadline. Once tagged, the team has until July 15 to sign or trade the tagged player. If neither happens by July 15, the player can only play under the tag or hold out. Trading them at that point is no longer an option unless they sign the tender but no one is trading for them without a long term deal and that cant be done after July 15 so it’s not a viable option.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
After reading this, I have to praise our current GM...........and that took alot of effort for me to say that.

Flamma

Reaction score

I agree on Tank. But Dak also can be pretty good in the right situation. We don't know for sure how Rosen would be. But we know how he is in the wrong situation. Even Goff crapped the bed against the Bears. How many picks did he throw? I don't think Dak had a game like that since he joined the team. Not even in the Atlanta game when he was sacked 8 times. Sometimes we have to be careful what we wish for. I wouldn't trade Dak for Rosen, Wentz, Goff, and that's coming from someone that crucifies Dak on a regular basis.

jnday

Reaction score
lol. So we get a worse qb, and lose both Dak and Lawrence. Awesome GM skills.
Rosen has a much higher ceiling than Dak has ever had. Fans tend to forget that many QBs would thrive with the talent that Dak is surrounded by. Fans are so scared of losing a QB that was ranked 21st in the league for most of last season. By all means, keep being content with average QB play. There is no need to have high standards for the QB of America’s Team. Average has become new elite in Dallas. Lawrence needs to go as well. There is no need to pay elite money for a good player.

DRella

Reaction score
Lawrence should be able to garner something similar to what Oakland got for Mack. If remotely close I would deal him.

Trade for Quinn, sign up Suh. Draft accordingly.

Bye bye Tank

JayFord

Reaction score
Unless we can slide in the first round I wouldn’t entertain the thought of trading him

And I’m not a dlaw fan

I rather just give dlaw 23 million a season before I trade him for a second rounder