Trade Dlaw now

blueblood70

Reaction score
While he still has a little stock. He’s declining big time. Roll with the cheaper options for this year(who are equal if not better). Start Smith and Griffen and Gregory could be the 3rd rusher when he’s back, and let Anae get some time. Get rid of that horrid contract and get a premium 2nd round pick for him. Offer him to the browns for their 2nd thoughts?
hes not tradable.. unless you want a 5th rounder and garbage back? why??

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I'm not sure how DLaw is supposed to fix the fact that the Cowboys couldn't cover anyone within 5 yards of the LOS for 3 quarters. There's not a pass rusher in the history of the league who would have gotten home with any type of consistency tonight.

The entire Rams scheme was "get the ball out as fast as we can and make the Cowboys miss tackles." That's because the passrush is dangerous.

The players to be mad at are the LBers, who were entirely lost all night.

You listen too much to the game moderators.

In the beginning of the game they said that the Rams rely on short passing to avoid our great pass rush. In the second half they suddenly changed their mind and said that Nolan needs to dial up some LB blitzes because Goff had too much time.

Fact is that our passrush was none existent. Moderator always hype teams in a positive way. I heard now for years how great DLaw and our passrush is. How we have sideline to sidleline LBs. How our defense hustles to the ball.

Bla bla bla.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence remaining contract

2020 Base Salary $1.9M Cap Hit $9.9M Dead Money $53.9M

2021 Base Salary $17M Cap Hit $25M Dead Money $44M

2022 Base Salary $19M Cap Hit $27M Dead Money $19M

2023 Base Salary $21M Cap Hit $29M Dead Money $11M

2024 Base Salary $0 Cap Hit $3M Dead Money $3M (restructure money)

So based on his contract Lawrence is not going anywhere until the earliest of after the 2021 season where cutting or trading him would result in a $8M savings against the cap for 2022.

Demarcus Lawrence Stats Pre and Post New Contract

2017 57 Tackles 14.5 Sacks 1 PDef 4 FF

2018 60 Tackles 10.5 Sacks 1 PDef 2 FF 1 INT

2019 (New Contract Year) 44 Tackles 5 Sacks 2 PDef 2 FF

2020 1 Tackle 1 PDef

Sorry but like many players in the NFL Lawrence played for a new contract and JJ mistakenly gave him a huge new deal and the reward for that new deal was a bust. Now Dallas is stuck with a bad contract and a player who lacks the motivation he had before the big new deal.
Thank you. Anyone who gets paid like he did and then backs off is a low moral guy. I do not respect those guys at all.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I love these types of threads.
If he is not worth the money here and we need to get rid of him because he is so bad...what makes anyone think another team will take him for a decent trade and pay him the same salary? I mean...since he is so bad and all.

smh
Yet another terrible JJ contract.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I'm not sure how DLaw is supposed to fix the fact that the Cowboys couldn't cover anyone within 5 yards of the LOS for 3 quarters. There's not a pass rusher in the history of the league who would have gotten home with any type of consistency tonight.

The entire Rams scheme was "get the ball out as fast as we can and make the Cowboys miss tackles." That's because the passrush is dangerous.

The players to be mad at are the LBers, who were entirely lost all night.
Haha, you saw what a $22.5 mil pass rusher looked like last night, Aaron Donald. He got home and disrupted Dak all night. Lawrence, did he even play 50% of the snaps? His most meaningful play was batting down a ball. Other than that, he was no where to be found. Lawrence plays like he should get $10 mil a year, not $21 mil.

Loso86

Reaction score
While he still has a little stock. He’s declining big time. Roll with the cheaper options for this year(who are equal if not better). Start Smith and Griffen and Gregory could be the 3rd rusher when he’s back, and let Anae get some time. Get rid of that horrid contract and get a premium 2nd round pick for him. Offer him to the browns for their 2nd thoughts?
No itz tough to get home when there game plan was to get the ball out quickly and often. He nor did the other linemen had time to get going. It's called out coached

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You listen too much to the game moderators.

In the beginning of the game they said that the Rams rely on short passing to avoid our great pass rush. In the second half they suddenly changed their mind and said that Nolan needs to dial up some LB blitzes because Goff had too much time.

Fact is that our passrush was none existent. Moderator always hype teams in a positive way. I heard now for years how great DLaw and our passrush is. How we have sideline to sidleline LBs. How our defense hustles to the ball.

Bla bla bla.
Idk what a moderator is. Are you talking about Chris Collinsworth? Because no, I don't listen to him.

The passrush was nonexistent because the ball didn't sit in Goff's hands. They completed, what, 2 or 3 passes for more than 10 yards? At one point in the second quarter, Goff's air yards per was -.44 and they were 0 for their first 6 (I think) 3rd down attempts of 7+ yards. That's entirely because of hte DL.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Haha, you saw what a $22.5 mil pass rusher looked like last night, Aaron Donald. He got home and disrupted Dak all night. Lawrence, did he even play 50% of the snaps? His most meaningful play was batting down a ball. Other than that, he was no where to be found. Lawrence plays like he should get $10 mil a year, not $21 mil.
And if the Cowboys threw the ball in less than 2 seconds every play, we wouldn't be talking about how disruptive Donald is.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Thank you. Anyone who gets paid like he did and then backs off is a low moral guy. I do not respect those guys at all.

When you follow his career he did not back off.

He had essentially 8 good to great games for us. Before and after that he was just another guy. But he knew how to sell himself and the FO manouvered the franchise in a DE dependent situation.

I wasnt a fan of the draft pick. Followed his carrer and never was a fan of him. A lot of people said he hs such a high motor, great team guy we need such players.

Idk. I dont see it that way. But anyways...

We are stuck to him.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
And if the Cowboys threw the ball in less than 2 seconds every play, we wouldn't be talking about how disruptive Donald is.

Good point. So in your opinion what hindered the Boys to throw theball that fast ?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lawrence rarely shows up in the stat box, has little to no impact on a game and hasn't ever since he got paid. He is garbage and will prove to be one of the dumber signings Jerry was suckered into.

Little to no impact is incorrect. Not having a lot of sacks does seem to be a trend. But if you cut the guy how do you replace him? He is one of 3 good players on defense.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
As much as the Pass rush wasnt anything of note you are correct

If we don’t figure out how to cover a screen were done
This has been true for years and years now. Seems we neither run nor defend screens.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
What team is insane enough to take on that albatross of a contract for a guy who is a subpar player? Hell I doubt if even the raiders are dumb enough to do that.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Little to no impact is incorrect. Not having a lot of sacks does seem to be a trend. But if you cut the guy how do you replace him? He is one of 3 good players on defense.

Hell the sacks are just one thing, at least show me that you are competitive and disruptive, he isn't even that. But that is DLaw, against good teams he disappears. Against bad teams he dominates. Not the kind of player you pay out and try to build your team around. What you want is a guy who is great against great teams - for an example see Aaron Donald - that's the caliber you pay.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Dodge the question by asking another one.

Someday people will be able to look at some of the players on the Cowboys with regular lenses and will see just how over rated some of them are. Believe me, I would love it if "TANK" actually earned that nickname and bull dozed people, tossed OL out of the way, and pressured QB's like Donald does. He doesn't, so reality has set in. Lawrence is not worth his salary.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
He only had 1 tackle. Sorry, a guy who is getting paid $21 mil a year needs to produce more than that don't you think???

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Good point. So in your opinion what hindered the Boys to throw theball that fast ?
The ball was out pretty quick most of the night, but in general, it's not what the Cowboys like to do.

That doesn't work for teams long term because eventually you'll get figured out and teams are going to actually make tackles. We've seen it with the Giants for YEARS and their offense is always garbage.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Dodge the question by asking another one.

Someday people will be able to look at some of the players on the Cowboys with regular lenses and will see just how over rated some of them are. Believe me, I would love it if "TANK" actually earned that nickname and bull dozed people, tossed OL out of the way, and pressured QB's like Donald does. He doesn't, so reality has set in. Lawrence is not worth his salary.
You're comparing him to the best player in football. Whatever question you asked doesn't deserve an answer.

If you think Lawrence is anything less than a great player, you don't know what you're watching.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Lawrence is not worth his salary.

That entire debacle was due to people failing to look at the details of the stats he wracked up. A cursory analysis would reveal that he was hitting those two digit sack totals because he was playing terrible teams in our own division twice a year. Instead of focusing on who he was when the competition was better than us, they focused on him having high sack totals and as a result we now have an overpaid guy.