Trade Ezekiel Elliott If He Wants Too Much (think Hershel Walker Type Trade)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Elliott is a great RB,but RBs can be found all the time. Hype Elliott up and then make another Blockbuster Type Trade like Hershel Walker if possible. Trade Elliott to some dump like Baltimore or some abyss like Buffalo...Don't sweat it and trade for draft picks. Almost certain we could get atleast 2 1st round picks and possible other picks for him....The Hershel Walker trade got us a Super Bowl Dynasty team...If anything like that can be had GO FOR IT!!!

Old man, ain't no Herschel Walker deals happening ever again. Get over it

stiletto

Reaction score
The RB position is just not coveted like it was in the Hershel days. Not even close. Zeke could probably garner some draft capital but no way 2 #1's or anything. Maybe a decent player and a #2 and then the team would have to negotiate a contract. It's a long shot. Zeke will be back, it just might not be until the 2nd/3rd pre-season game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Teams are desperate, GMs and Coaches will want to save their jobs and willing to spend now and pay for it later.

One of our advantages is that our GM can afford to play the long game because he knows the Owner isn't going to fire him.

That's why Jaylon is with the Cowboys.

Genius Jerry.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
GM's and coaches want to keep their jobs, not lose them by trading the farm on a bad investment.

The team, and you, look better *today* when you mortgage the future. That's what GMs and coaches do in a win now league.

For that matter, that's what happens across corporate America. Mortgage the future to save your bacon now, or at least long enough for you to get while the getting is good.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Your words “RBs can be found all the time.” if it’s so easy why would anyone trade a bunch of picks for our RB.

Pan YOU NAILED IT! you see that phrase all the time on here about Zeke, "let him go we will and can find his replacement with ease". Good luck with the search.

Scotman

Reaction score
If it's me, I'm trading him for 5 first round picks. One each from all of the 5 worst teams this year. That way, I get all first of the first picks in the draft next year. And then I'm trading each one of those picks for 2 more first round picks each. In three years I'll have the whole first round.

Is this how make believe works?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to ask you that I don't have to be subjected to dumb threads like this anymore. Amen.
wfg18.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Elliott is a great RB,but RBs can be found all the time. Hype Elliott up and then make another Blockbuster Type Trade like Hershel Walker if possible. Trade Elliott to some dump like Baltimore or some abyss like Buffalo...Don't sweat it and trade for draft picks. Almost certain we could get atleast 2 1st round picks and possible other picks for him....The Hershel Walker trade got us a Super Bowl Dynasty team...If anything like that can be had GO FOR IT!!!
so are you the only one that knows RBs can be found all the time and the other 31 teams haven't figured it out and we can pull a fast one.....hmmm, those idiot NFL guys in all those front offices...they should just come here to learn how to build a team:facepalm:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Old man, ain't no Herschel Walker deals happening ever again. Get over it

Exactly. That's pre-salary cap fantasy at this point.

I have to wonder, however, if the Cowboys brought in Morris and Ajayi to add to the backs already in camp, might they trade Zeke? As much as I love my fellow Buckeye, this is 2019 and Zeke has brought a lot of drama. For the right price, I'd move on and go with those guys.

It makes me sad to say that. I thought Zeke could be our next Emmitt, but the biggest difference between them seems to be maturity. Emmitt had it, Zeke is still looking for it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team, and you, look better *today* when you mortgage the future. That's what GMs and coaches do in a win now league.

For that matter, that's what happens across corporate America. Mortgage the future to save your bacon now, or at least long enough for you to get while the getting is good.

Sorry, I don't see it that way. And no GM would either.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I wonder, if he had been suspended for one or two games the most recent incident, if that would have caused him to re-evaluate his worth to the team.