Trade for DT: Vita Vea after TB loses

Turk

Reaction score
There’s fans here who are dumb enough to do it. Trust me there’s a few Dak haters that wouldn’t hesitate trading Dak for a DT. They’re ready to move on from him without any compensation.

QUOTE]

Dak for a younger Arnold would not be that bad a deal at all....

calicowboy54

Reaction score
what are we giving up for that? cuz i dont see why TB would trade such a up and coming player unless we're giving up quite a bit

Ill give you our number 2 if you give us your number 4 and Vita Vea. but i only. do this if we are trading back from 10 to recoup the 2nd we gave up.

DLINE
DLAW
VEA
GALI
SMITH

LB
S - GREGORY
M - LVE
W - SMITH

CB - DRAFT
CB - DIGGS
FS - DRAFT
SS - Wilson

DRAFT

15 - 25 Range
2nd - From who ever
3rd
3rd - Comp
4th
4th - TB
4th - COMP
5th - COMP
6th
6th - COMP
7th

Motorola

Reaction score
He has been injured a lot in his 3 years. I think he was injured his rookie year too. Vea misses on average 5 games per year. Same with LVE - injured a lot.
You are way off in your assessment of Vea.

2018 - played 13 games, started 8.
Vea strained his calf during training camp, forcing him to miss all the preseason games and the first 3 games of the regular season --which means he played the remainder of his rookie season -13 games.
2019 - played 16 games, started 16

2020 - played 5 games, started 5, then suffered injury
So - after starting his rookie year missing the first 3 games, Vea went the equivalent of two full seasons without missing a game before his major injury in 2020.
'Vea misses on average 5 games per year' --your skewed analysis.
3 years = 48 possible games; Vea missed 14 --- but 11 of those games = 78% - occurred this past season.

Last edited:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You are way off in your assessment of Vea.

2018 - played 13 games, started 8.
Vea strained his calf during training camp, forcing him to miss all the preseason games and the first 3 games of the regular season --which means he played the remainder of his rookie season -13 games.
2019 - played 16 games, started 16

2020 - played 5 games, started 5, then suffered injury
So - after starting his rookie year missing the first 3 games, Vea went the equivalent of two full seasons without missing a game before his major injury in 2020.
'Vea misses on average 5 games per year' --your skewed analysis.
3 years = 48 possible games; Vea missed 14 --- but 11 of those games = 78% - occurred this past season.

So, he missed 14 games in 3 years which is roughly 5 per year over a 3 year period. He has been injured for a little less than 1/3 of his career so far. Maybe the last injury was bad luck.

robertfchew

Reaction score
He was injured this year, before the injury sidelining him he was on pace to having an all-pro year. DT statistics rarely ever tell the story, not everyone plays like Donald.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/vita-vea/48956

The rams had the #1 defense with two players who are arguably the best at their position and they crapped the bed vs the packers. Either both of those guys are overrated or you need a legit qb to win in today’s nfl

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The rams had the #1 defense with two players who are arguably the best at their position and they crapped the bed vs the packers. Either both of those guys are overrated or you need a legit qb to win in today’s nfl

Well yes, it's a QB driven league. I think it's a mistake to have a league like that, but that's where we are.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So, he missed 14 games in 3 years which is roughly 5 per year over a 3 year period. He has been injured for a little less than 1/3 of his career so far. Maybe the last injury was bad luck.

It is bad luck. It was a fracture, not some lingering injury.

Teammate fell onto his ankle, things like this happen in football.

Aven8

Reaction score
I wanted Vea almost as much as I wanted Donald. He’s a stud and watched the game this year when he broke his leg, mind you while tackling the guy for a loss. But NO way they part with him. Silly talk.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ill give you our number 2 if you give us your number 4 and Vita Vea. but i only. do this if we are trading back from 10 to recoup the 2nd we gave up.

DLINE
DLAW
VEA
GALI
SMITH

LB
S - GREGORY
M - LVE
W - SMITH

CB - DRAFT
CB - DIGGS
FS - DRAFT
SS - Wilson

DRAFT

15 - 25 Range
2nd - From who ever
3rd
3rd - Comp
4th
4th - TB
4th - COMP
5th - COMP
6th
6th - COMP
7th
Vita would easily bring a 1 in a trade.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He’s likely playing this weekend. Not a project. Also not someone we’d be able to get
I agree.

He was gone before our pick came as I remember the year he was drafted.

He is not going anywhere but where he is now.

Why would he leave?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think you are not giving enough credit to the opposing OC.

Those guys if they are good can adjust to 1 or 2 feature players and neutralize them.

Moore is not one of those OCs. Rarely do we adjust and take advantage of a weakness. He just keeps running the same plays.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
@Cowboyny I said this before you that going to 3-4 was a futile effort. I personally think Jerry did it to sabotage Dak’s career.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

Only thing bad luck counts just like good luck.