Trade for Sam Darnold?

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Andy Dalton is an expensive backup given his contract.

Dak with a porous o-line this year could get hurt. We will need a competent quarterback to back him up next year if dalton walks.

he was a top 1st round pick and would serve as an excellent 2nd string quarterback behind Dak that could sit and learn from him

Swagger

Reaction score

Dak with a porous o-line this year could get hurt. We will need a competent quarterback to back him up next year if dalton walks.

he was a top 1st round pick and would serve as an excellent 2nd string quarterback behind Dak that could sit and learn from him
To be fair Darnold is used to playing with a far worse o line.

Swagger

Reaction score
But I wouldn't trade for Darnold. The whole point in moving on from Prescott would be to ride a rookie QB contract for 5 years.

Draft a QB in the first round.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Just saying bro,, you just left an open doorway for every "sure if he can play LT" post coming your way brother man.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
But I wouldn't trade for Darnold. The whole point in moving on from Prescott would be to ride a rookie QB contract for 5 years.

They arent drafting a qb unless they have a top 3 pick imo

Loso86

Reaction score

Umm...lol no

Flamma

Reaction score

Trade for him? Trade what? I wouldn't give the Jets a carton of Marlboro for Darnold. Don't get me wrong, I think Darnold is better than he is, mainly because he's on that dumpster fire Jets team. But I don't think he's all that either. You know how I can tell? Look at Joe Burrow in Cinci. IMO he will be an elite QB. He's on a trash team and still manages to look pretty good. We haven't seen that in a long time.

Bigdog

Reaction score

There is only one that I would draft that might be better than Prescott and we are not getting him unless we get the NO. 1 pick.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

What's wrong with our rookie QB? Coaches like him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ONLY problem I have with this is that it seems like it could end up with a high probability of us acquiring Sam Darnold. What am I missing?

Swagger

Reaction score
There is only one that I would draft that might be better than Prescott and we are not getting him unless we get the NO. 1 pick.
And you can say that from not even seeing any of the others play in the NFL. Ok thanks for the insight.

Bigdog

Reaction score
And you can say that from not even seeing any of the others play in the NFL. Ok thanks for the insight.
I can say that from what the college scouts say and I said might.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score

As a backup I wouldn't mind, but it would have to be for peanuts and I mean like a 6th rounder and 4 mil a year contract.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Cowboys rode a rookie contract for 4 years and went nowhere. They actually got worse over those 4 years.

It's as if the people running this franchise are incompetent, or something.