Trade for Sam Darnold

Hadenough

Reaction score
What has Darnold done to be worth a 1? He is not cheap after this season. His cheap years have been waisted.
What happens when one person has something that another person wants right now. The person wanting usually over pays. Jets would want to recoup some of that investment just like with the Raiders, they spent a 1st on Amari Cooper and wanted to move on from him and he wasnt a good fit with that team and he wasnt playing well for them either.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What happens when one person has something that another person wants right now. The person wanting usually over pays. Jets would want to recoup some of that investment just like with the Raiders, they spent a 1st on Amari Cooper and wanted to move on from him and he wasnt a good fit with that team and he wasnt playing well for them either.

I here you. Cowherd has been pumping him up for the Colts. Even if the the Jets draft Lawrence they might keep Darnold in case a team gets a Dak type injury during the regular season next season. If we were 3-1 instead of 1-3 we might have asked about Darnold.

aikemirv

Reaction score

visionary

Reaction score
Jets are tanking and a 3rd may get it done.:facepalm:

He’s a starting quality quarterback who would be both An amazing insurance policy if they can’t sign Dak next year and potentially a franchise QB

Man

This is a ‘ban-able’ post

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Creeper

Reaction score
If Darnold is so good then why would the Jets trade him, even for Trevor Lawrence? If the Jets trade him it's because they are giving up on him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lawrence is gone and Fields is sitting there, what do u do?

Tough because I see Fields as the same player as Dak but with more athleticism.

It’s so early for me to say for sure what I would do.

I could definitely change my mind between now and draft time.

I think I pass on Fields though.

I think he will be as good or slightly better than Dak but I’m down on his talent right now..

To me Justin Fields looks overrated as of October. I need to see more.

You could make the argument though that we would be swapping out Dak with a more athletic Dak on a 5 year rookie deal.

I just need more information really and by April I’ll be more informed to answer.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How exactly do you suppose they can pull this off? This isn't even close to realistic...you don't think these things through at all

There is already reports that he may elect to stay at Clemson if the Jets want to pick him.

If Dallas is in striking distance of the #1 pick and Lawrence says he will sit out a year and not sign then they have to make a move and take someone else.

The Jets also already invested in a QB and they never gave Darnold a foundation to build on.

If I’m the Jets of course I take Lawrence but if Lawrence he won’t play there they should really think about sticking it out with Darnold and getting a quality coach in there and drafting the Oregon Tackle or Jamar Chase.

Patience with Darnold should pay off eventually. He was too young when they drafted him and he’s been surrounded by garbage.

JBS

Reaction score
There is already reports that he may elect to stay at Clemson if the Jets want to pick him.

If Dallas is in striking distance of the #1 pick and Lawrence says he will sit out a year and not sign then they have to make a move and take someone else.

The Jets also already invested in a QB and they never gave Darnold a foundation to build on.

If I’m the Jets of course I take Lawrence but if Lawrence he won’t play there they should really think about sticking it out with Darnold and getting a quality coach in there and drafting the Oregon Tackle or Jamar Chase.

Patience with Darnold should pay off eventually. He was too young when they drafted him and he’s been surrounded by garbage.

This is wishful thinking more than anything else...you are putting all of your eggs in a basket of Lawrence refusing to play for the Jets..great plan..good luck

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In his 3 seasons, he's posted passer ratings of 77, 84, and 65. His career passer rating is 78.

To put that in perspective, Dak's career passer rating is 97 and our trash heap of a fanbase thinks he's terrible. Dalton's career passer rating is 87, and he was a bottom-shelf, bad starter. A guy like Darnold, with his passer rating 10 points worse than Dalton's, is a mediocre backup, basically. And he's got 1.5 seasons left on his contract.

Exercising his 5th year option means paying him the average of the top 10 QB salaries, if I understand right. We'd be insane to do that. So we're talking about spending a 3rd rounder on a 1-year rental of a mediocre backup.

No thanks. Not even a littler interested in this idea.

LOL .....something tells me you just educated OP.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is wishful thinking more than anything else...you are putting all of your eggs in a basket of Lawrence refusing to play for the Jets..great plan..good luck

Im just throwing out ideas.. It’s October.

Whatever it takes I would move mountains to get him on this team.

JBS

Reaction score
Im just throwing out ideas.. It’s October.

Whatever it takes I would move mountains to get him on this team.

I get it..and believe me..everybody would love to make it happen..it's just impossible..that stupid Giants win screwed us

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I get it..and believe me..everybody would love to make it happen..it's just impossible..that stupid Giants win screwed us

What if a team like New England, Chicago, Indy, or Pitt offer us a 1 for Dak and we are sitting top 3 and the Jets are open to a deal to trade back and get Fields.

Or if the Jets want La’el Collins still..

I know the Jones’s will be lazy and make smart football moves that lead to us being mediocre but I would move mountains to get Lawrence to Dallas.

JBS

Reaction score
What if a team like New England, Chicago, Indy, or Pitt offer us a 1 for Dak and we are sitting top 3 and the Jets are open to a deal to trade back and get Fields.

Or if the Jets want La’el Collins still..

I know the Jones’s will be lazy and make smart football moves that lead to us being mediocre but I would move mountains to get Lawrence to Dallas.

As highly regarded as T. Lawrence is, I can't see any team drafting at 1 and trading down. I think there is zero chance that happens.

We aren't talking about a guy w questionable skills..this is a blue chip qb prospect..similar to a. Luck

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
As highly regarded as T. Lawrence is, I can't see any team drafting at 1 and trading down. I think there is zero chance that happens.

We aren't talking about a guy w questionable skills..this is a blue chip qb prospect..similar to a. Luck

Agree but if Dallas wants to make a move for a player and agents get involved they will do whatever they can to put pressure on the Jets to not select..

Including threatening to not play for a year and go back into the draft.

He’s so good that I think not even the Jets could screw over his potential but I think if Lawrence is trying to get out of being a Jet and a team is offering a lot I think they can sell themselves on sticking with Darnold and using all those picks to add some offensive talent.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why not? You can’t accurately judge anyone on that atrocity of a team.

Darnold is a nice lottery ticket.

His stock is down but I just keep thinking about his situation that he was in along with his talent, experience, and age.

He’s almost played 4 years and is 23...

But...

Parcells always loved his senior Quarterbacks and wasn’t a big fan of the underclassmen.