Trade I think we will see

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Theres one guy that you hear and read over and over again and its Juan Thornhill. But the eagles are in on him aswell. So i think Dallas would have to jump before 53 as they got that pick from Baltimore. Abram will probably go to NE, and SEA is rumored to want to keep Rapp home. Gardner-Johnson probably makes it to 58, but Thornhill fits Richards wants with size and height. Dallas already has a shorter S in Woods, Johnson would add another small S.

I think this team could trade one of the 4ths to move up and get Thornhill. And stick it to the eagles.

Gardner i think would be the pick if they stayed at 58

Last edited:

dwreck27

Reaction score
No doubt we are planning to move up in the early 2nd round and nab whoever we like that’s still on the board

Dline or Saftey is the safe bet

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Theres one guy that you hear and read over and over again and its Juan Thornhill. But the eagles are in on him aswell. So i think Dallas would have to jump before 53 as they got that pick from Baltimore. Abram will probably go to NE, and SEA is rumored to want to keep Rapp home. Gardner-Johnson probably makes it to 58, but Thornhill fits Richards wants with size and height. Dallas already has a shorter S in Woods, Johnson would add another small S.

I think this team could trade one of the 4ths to move up and get Thornhill. And stick it to the eagles.

This is one of the more realistic draft trades that I have seen. Would not shock me at all. I would be pretty happy about it.

I could also see it if a DT starts to fall in the 2nd.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
This is one of the more realistic draft trades that I have seen. Would not shock me at all. I would be pretty happy about it.

I could also see it if a DT starts to fall in the 2nd.
If no trade is made i think it will be between Gardner-Johnson and Willis. With what they have done in FA i think they would choose S over DT.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Gardner-Johnson 5-11, 210

Thornhill 6-0, 205

Earl Thomas 5-10, 208

This thread should be in the draftzone.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I rather stay at 58 and still get a decent player and keep the extra draft pick. Giving up a 4th or 5th to move up 5 picks is not worth it.
There are plenty of decent players to get in that range. If they trade up, is like trading up for need and not BPA.

Unless they trade up and offer Taco or Lewis, and get an extra draft pick, like a 3rd or 4th, now that would be worth it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If Simmons drops then we go there. He will sit for the year and we will have a beast.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

I complete agree and who doesn't like sticking it to Philly?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Trade talk?

Too many moving parts to consider until everyone's gathered in the war room.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score

Great write up.

I’d be ecstatic with Gardner. He seems the most balanced for both safety positions. He’s very versatile.

For all the love Thornhill gets, I haven’t seen much that says how he matches up with TE’s. I understand he’s a freak athlete. Almost a 3 sigma athlete. He was crazy productive and tested extremely well. He has the size too for SS. All signs point to a starting FS in the NFL day one and I agree he will go before pick 58 to someone looking for a ball hawking safety. I don’t think it’s us lol I did see on some boards that he could play corner so that’s an added bonus if true.

You just get the feeling that Woods is their guy at single high. I get they are interchangeable but it’s hard to see Xavier Woods go down and start at SS unless he has too.

Let’s trade Jones for a n early second rounder and live in a world with Woods, Thornhill, and Abram or Gardner. Double dip at safety.

Jones is too expensive to pay him Norman scratch who hasn’t lived up to his contract. I did like how Jones covered TE’s. That’s one of my biggest worries if he leaves.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have no idea who the eagles want.
If we worry about what 1 team is doing we are drafting wrong
Last year they thought they got one over on us by moving in front of us and taking Dallas goedert. They were wrong, their fans were wrong and the media were wrong.. .

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Thornhill is among several prospects I like.

Not yet sure if I would trade up though.