Twitter: Trade Idea: 26 For Jalen Ramsey. Let Diggs Walk?

visionary

Reaction score
Here is BETTER idea

Don’t trade for Ramsey
Trade Diggs for a rd 1 pick
Take CB with that pick
Use the 22+ million saved from not having to pay Ramsey/Diggs and sign Hargrave, Hankins, LVE, FA mid level CB

You know, build a real defense

NeathBlue

Reaction score
The Rams sound like they are desperate to get rid of Ramsey… So why bother offering them our 1st!
Make them an offer of our 2nd or 3rd, and maybe a 5th… If they turn it down, we move on.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Diggs is gonna command more than what Jalen is currently paid. Use the money that was earmarked for Diggs to fill other needs.

Would you do it? I'd consider it if I'm the Cowboys. IJS

why trade first round pick for 1 28 year old CB, who most probably will fall off quickly and at those numbers.

no, that would be utterly stupid to make such a trade.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
definitely not, not for pick 26, the only viable way to trade for him, is for a player, not a first pick, it could be Diggs for Ramsey, outside of that I don't see a trade possible. it's silly to want to have two CB's that are going to demand a lot of money at the same time,

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Diggs is gonna command more than what Jalen is currently paid. Use the money that was earmarked for Diggs to fill other needs.

Jalen has already stated if traded wants a new contract. No thanks, especially if we also have to give up premium draft capital to do so.

dckid

Reaction score
While that would be fun to watch I can’t imagine dedicating $50MM+ to the CB position annually. If you go that route you pretty much need a plan to move on from either Micah or dak in a couple years.

Personally I would rather continue to put resources to beef up the front 7. Good fronts can make average DBs look good to elite.
Fair point. I’m am ready to move off from Dak.
Every few years there is a shift from great corners or great front four. I do believe building from the inside is best long term.
But it’s not like we have a plan for the upfront guys. We of course keep Micha, I would let Lawrence leave as soon as it’s cap friendly.
Trading 26 for Ramsey would be amazing so I don’t expect it to happen.

JayFord

Reaction score
let Diggs walk....our best corner a top 5 corner

take Ramsey? whos been on the decline?

then get mad at Ramsey for not being an all pro?

DFWJC

Reaction score

It is reported that the Rams are shopping Ramsey.
Of course, whoever inherits him gets his high salary AND loses a high draft pick.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You trade for one and let the other walk and that still leaves a hole at the other CB position. That’s not going to make us better. I really don’t like the idea of allowing a young playmaking corner to walk and trading for one who’s pushing 30.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m not about to let Diggs walk, then turn around and cough up a first round pick for Jalen Ramsey, which is probably what the Rams are going to want for him. They may want more than a first round pick. It would be a dumb move for a corner who’s pushing 30 who’s going to have a high salary.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's highly unlikely that Jerry & Co. will be willing to invest in whatever it would take to procure Jalen Ramsey for their defensive roster. Jalen is an extremely noteworthy prospect, to say the least. What he's likely to command, despite his advancing years of service remaining, wouldn't likely be advantageous to the Cowboys, in my humble opinion. I imagine that the Dallas FO would much prefer drafting a promising candidate at CB in the upcoming NFL draft. Don't be surprised if an early pick is utilized for that purpose.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
No not for high draft pick and the dude isnt ok with his correct expensive contract.,. Sounds like bad deal. ifg that the case im not giving higher than a 3rd for him..hes too far up in age for NEW market deal..

rather have Wagner and get DT/NT in FA

draft a Corner, physical LG, RB and WR

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trading for Ramsey is fine unless he is requiring a contract extension.

Flamma

Reaction score

A couple things.

They can still sign Diggs and pick up Ramsey. They'd have a 2 year window with both of them before Diggs cap hits get large. Considering their ages, I'd assume they'd move on from Ramsey after two years.

The second thing, Ramsey might want a new, upgraded contract with any team he gets traded to. That kind of spoils things.

Carson

Reaction score
A couple things.

They can still sign Diggs and pick up Ramsey. They'd have a 2 year window with both of them before Diggs cap hits get large. Considering their ages, I'd assume they'd move on from Ramsey after two years.

The second thing, Ramsey might want a new, upgraded contract with any team he gets traded to. That kind of spoils things.
They’ve already said he wants another contract. Ward and Alexander got paid and he will want more than them

Loso86

Reaction score

It's stupid and puts us back in the same spot. We want to STRENGTHEN that spot