News: Trade possibilites

AKATheRake

Reaction score
AJ has had a lot of leg/foot injuries and is 31 years old.

He's also a UFA next season. He average's $15,000,000/year. He's going to want more for the next 2 years. Sammy Watkins gets $16,000,000 per and Green is clearly the better player older or not. Nobody was worried about Brown's age. Julio Jones is going to be 31 next February. The Falcon's are going to make him the highest paid WR in the league.

Atkins is 31, 3 years left on his deal averaging about $16,000,000 per. They can get more for him. It's a fire sale there, that whole team is going into rebuild mode. They're 0-7 and a shoe in for the 1st pick in next years draft. Highly paid older players that should surely go for fair draft pick compensation. Atkins can get them a 3rd, maybe 2nd. Green less.

They're going QB and will build from there with their very young Head Coach.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Not sure about the three picks, but ET was coming back from a pretty serious injury AND was older than Adams.
He was coming back from a broken leg which usually is less of a worry then say a knee. Adams may be younger but 3 picks and you will need to pay him, he is coming to the end of his rookie deal.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He's also a UFA next season. He average's $15,000,000/year. He's going to want more for the next 2 years. Sammy Watkins gets $16,000,000 per and Green is clearly the better player older or not. Nobody was worried about Brown's age. Julio Jones is going to be 31 next February. The Falcon's are going to make him the highest paid WR in the league.

Atkins is 31, 3 years left on his deal averaging about $16,000,000 per. They can get more for him. It's a fire sale there, that whole team is going into rebuild mode. They're 0-7 and a shoe in for the 1st pick in next years draft. Highly paid older players that should surely go for fair draft pick compensation. Atkins can get them a 3rd, maybe 2nd. Green less.

They're going QB and will build from there with their very young Head Coach.
His Toe is becoming chronic, he injured it in 2014 and again in 2018. Throw in the ankle surgery. No team is going to pay him huge amounts of money with his recent injury history to legs and feet.

Techsass

Reaction score
I understand the idea of saving high draft picks for the future. But, let me lay this out for everyone saying this right now: Spending a first and maybe a future third for Jamal Adams will get us a far better SS than we are likely to draft. I believe the addition of Adams will go a long way to making the D better, both against the run and pass.
Totally agree...but are we willing to spend a 1st on a safety? I don't think they'd even spend a 2nd.

They have values attached to certain positions that they don't seem to want to go past. Granted they blew that out of the water with Zeke, but safety is a hard core low rent position to our FO.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

fansince68

Reaction score
I understand the idea of saving high draft picks for the future. But, let me lay this out for everyone saying this right now: Spending a first and maybe a future third for Jamal Adams will get us a far better SS than we are likely to draft. I believe the addition of Adams will go a long way to making the D better, both against the run and pass.
Why do we think Adams is available?

jujoboys

Reaction score
Marinelli does not value 1-tech DT. ******.

Geno Atkins would be a 3 tech. The article says we would have DLaw and Quinn at DE with Woods and Atkins at DT. Woods would be the 1 Tech. Maliek Collins would be the guy rotating with Atkins. Could make sense because Collins is a free agent next year and probably leaves via free agency. His space is filled by Atkins while we still try to bring along Trysten Hill.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do we think Adams is available?
Just responding to the article listing him as a potential trade pick. The Jets stink right now and may be in the mindset to trade a few players for picks. Again, just responding to the article.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Naw, but, to think this team will do it twice in a row?

Not happening. Love to be wrong though.
that's not what you said though. They also traded for Robert Quinn this off season. so they do in fact trade for talent. Maybe not the talent you want or think they need, but they do trade for talent.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Trade for DT and Safety help if the goal is to go deep into the playoffs. There are teams that are in rebuild mode and they are willing to part with players so as to dump salary. Make the bloody move instead of takin this “we like our guys” stance.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
Underrated post.

Our current crop of talent was developed mostly from drafting, we are already paying / in line to pay a lot of guys — this team needs more elite, cheap labor from draft picks moving forward

our core is still extremely young, there’s no rush to go all in now.. continue to build moving forward

I think Dallas needs to develop the players they have and save future draft picks. I am concerned about last years draft class and the lack of plug-n-play type players. With that being said, I would hate to give up a 1st for a short-term band-aid. I am all for the Boys trading for an impactful player such as Amari was for the team last year, however trades for that caliber players are difficult.

For a trade to occur Dallas has to have a trading partner. The Falcons are floating names out for a trade at this time. If Dallas could land a Vic Beasley for a late rounder then I am all for it. With Crawford gone, Dallas appears to need more pressure on opposing QBs. This Eagles game is what I have come to expect, it was nice seeing pressures and turnovers. Long story short, I would like to see a player that can solidify the D-line rotation.

robbieruff

Reaction score
No. But it would determine how much we should give up for him. I’m willing to try anything else at DT. The question is the cost
Yup...that and window (i.e., striking while the iron is hot)...I am glad to see the FO exercise prudence. I also see that other consistent winning franchise can do that WHILE ALSO displaying urgency about address a clear and obvious gap which could be the difference between good and great.