Trade rumors picking up steam

erod

Reaction score
Wonder if the Cowboys are involved...

Denver is dangling TJ Ward. Others are getting floated to.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Possible but would not fit our M.O. as of recent years.

Shuff

Reaction score
Haden was their worst CB this preseason, no thanks.

aria

Reaction score
I'm sure Jerry will be looking for position players with the most criminal history and "character issues" that no else wants so we can get them for a "discount".

gmoney112

Reaction score
Ward is good, depends on price. He's 30 and entering the final year of his contract.

I'm not sure what they're expecting. He really doesn't have that much "value"

If they're looking for a pick, I mean, a conditional 5th is just about my best offer.

If they're looking for a player, we probably don't have what they want. I'm not trading a young guy for him unless that young guy sucks.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Wonder if the Cowboys are involved...

Denver is dangling TJ Ward. Others are getting floated to.

The guys I see being floated aren't worth their contracts. Good chance some end up getting released when no one takes the bait.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Cameron Erving - T - Browns
The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot reports the Browns are shopping former first-round OL Cameron Erving.

The No. 19 overall pick in 2015, Erving has played multiple positions and struggled in all of them. He was competing for the right tackle job this year, but he went down with a calf injury last week. He likely would not have beaten out Shon Coleman either way. The Browns are also attempting to move Joe Haden and Brock Osweiler.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Aug 29 - 11:15 AM

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'd probably regret it, but I think I'd give a later pick for Cameron Irving and try him at LG once he learns the offense. At the very least he's better than Byron Bell and we'd have him under control for 2018 as well.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Although, according to thebrownsboard, he's been so bad, he's likely to be cut, which is telling considering he's under contract for two more seasons.

And fwiw, FSU has a really bad history of OTs going to the pros

-Alex Barron
-Mario Henderson
-Menelik Watson
-Cameron Erving (played several positions at FSU)
-Tre Jackson (guard)
-Roderick Johnson

Rodney Hudson, an interior guys has had success, but all 6 of those guys were pretty early picks.

Last edited:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
wonder if Paul Posluszny could be available. I'd read that he was unhappy about losing his spot to Myles Jack. He's 32, and I like Durant, but...

Also read a while back about DE Dion Jordon. I dunno if he's hurt though...don't think he's played in any of SEA"s preseason games. but if they don't keep him, would he be worth it considering the guys DAL won't have early on in the season?

noletime95

Reaction score
Although, according to thebrownsboard, he's been so bad, he's likely to be cut, which is telling considering he's under contract for two more seasons.

And fwiw, FSU has a really bad history of OTs going to the pros

-Alex Barron
-Mario Henderson
-Menelik Watson
-Cameron Erving (played several positions at FSU)
-Tre Jackson (guard)
-Roderick Johnson

Rodney Hudson, an interior guys has had success, but all 6 of those guys were pretty early picks.
Watson has been pretty good. Ever hear of Walter Jones?

noletime95

Reaction score
For a guy picked early in the second, Watson has not been pretty good. But, yes if we go back to 1997 we can find some more success.
Watson has been an NFL starter when healthy. He will start this year in Denver, so I'm not sure how you define success....pro bowls only?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Watson has been an NFL starter when healthy. He will start this year in Denver, so I'm not sure how you define success....pro bowls only?

27 games played out of a possible 64 and only 17 starts. That is not how I define success.