Trade targets and options?

Creeper

Reaction score
Doubt it would ever happen and certainly the cap hit would need to be addressed but Fletcher Cox will probably get traded from Philly.

I think Cox is on the down side of his career. It looks to me like he can't give 100% every play anymore. He was a force once but not so much anymore.

People need to realize the Cowboys have CAP issues so they cannot bring in anyone with any kind of salary unless it is just for the remainder of this year. The Eagles are not going to trade Cox to the Cowboys unless the Cowboys play a premium for him.

DanA

Reaction score
They have a better chance of trading for me off the streets than they Nelson

That's probably true but if you are the jets with their horrible roster what would you need to make the trade? Would you consider Connor McGovern and 2 x 1st round picks (2022 & 2023)?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
we don't need DBS

sorry but KJ is coming back the rookies will start getting some looks etc

why would Denver while still having shot at the playoffs start trading a player from a suspect backend anyway. Weaken it why? makes no sense

a LB we have cox who needs more snaps and as much as LVE is simply a solid player, NOTHING SPECIAL OR DYNAMIC, HES STILL HERE.

we need a backup QB maybe a DT

this team, is truly not in need of much with all the payers of our won coming back.

BU QB is the only truly weak spot we have,
my thought is that the defense still needs improvement. that's way to obvious. as much as I think we need a back UP QB, foles type of run with Philly is extremley rare. very rare, so if Dak goes down, then our chances go down 20 fold. and I am not opposed to trading for a better back up QB, just in case to get through regular season. post season, having to go through Rams, AZ, Tampa and GB.....we need Dak.

as much as I may like KJ, but he is a rookie who has missed significant time. . for a team, if serious about making a run and that was the point of my OP, we need experienced CBs....but denver at 3-3 and tough part of schedule still remaining, their chances maybe diminishing and not sure how they feel about having to contend with Bills, Ravens, Chargers they maybe willing to part and look to the future.

and yes Cox needs more time, but our LB is very very very thin right now.

we need defensive help. DL is playing well, but outside of DIggs, back seven needs improvement.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No. We're winning and Dak is having an MVP type year. So he won't show his face around here unless Dak chokes it. But that ain't happening. :flagwave:
its not about Dak choking. he is waiting for a loss to just come fully loaded and point fingers at Dak with a bunch of none sense....

currently he is too butthurt to show up for anything.....can't even get up

Carson

Reaction score
That's probably true but if you are the jets with their horrible roster what would you need to make the trade? Would you consider Connor McGovern and 2 x 1st round picks (2022 & 2023)?
Do you mean Williams? Nelson is the All Pro guard for the Colts who is about to set the market

blueblood70

Reaction score
my thought is that the defense still needs improvement. that's way to obvious. as much as I think we need a back UP QB, foles type of run with Philly is extremley rare. very rare, so if Dak goes down, then our chances go down 20 fold. and I am not opposed to trading for a better back up QB, just in case to get through regular season. post season, having to go through Rams, AZ, Tampa and GB.....we need Dak.

as much as I may like KJ, but he is a rookie who has missed significant time. . for a team, if serious about making a run and that was the point of my OP, we need experienced CBs....but denver at 3-3 and tough part of schedule still remaining, their chances maybe diminishing and not sure how they feel about having to contend with Bills, Ravens, Chargers they maybe willing to part and look to the future.

and yes Cox needs more time, but our LB is very very very thin right now.

we need defensive help. DL is playing well, but outside of DIggs, back seven needs improvement.
AND AGAIN we have our own players coming back and if our backend needs help its more gameplay not talent and that what the bye is for reflection and adjustments..

glimmerman

Reaction score
not suspended. he had a huge butthurt that exploded....he is OK, lost a lot of blood, butt is wide open and hurting....they sewed it back up as much as possible....and he is under close care.....I mailed him some more butt paste to ease the pain

@PAPPYDOG
Lol. We will need to pitch in for a gallon of butt paste by the end of the year. Especially if they are throwing The Cowboys a parade down town.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I think I may have found a way for us to get Bonds and Griffey, and we wouldn’t have to give up that much.

Rajveer

Reaction score
Maybe we can trade MM for Garrett.......how many of you would like that? Do we need a poll?
No we don't need a poll but you might up your you know what :muttley:. I used to like you Ranching before you made this comment. I know you were kidding though, so I think I still like ya. :grin:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No we don't need a poll but you might up your you know what :muttley:. I used to like you Ranching before you made this comment. I know you were kidding though, so I think I still like ya. :grin:
Lol!! Salud!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I don't understand those saying to not trade for anybody. We are a legit contender, why would we not trade to reinforce the roster?

If there is an average starting IOL, a top shelf FS, an elite CB, or a NT that becomes available I'm definitely inquiring. Same with a depth defensive end.

Reactions: BAT

Blitzen

Reaction score
Kyle Fuller CB denver...is he better than Brown?...would take a 3rd or 4th

Marcus Maye S Jets, probably will take a 1st. if tagged next year the cost is $13M...is it worth it. is this a potential Cooper type of trade.....a contract extension could lower his cap hit for the next 2 years to around 8M....an impact saftey

Myles Jack LB Jaguars....he is releatively young. is dealing with a bit of back issue.....wonder what it would take

Dexter Lawrence (I know Giants...), Quinnen Williams, Quenton Nelson if we are dreaming.