Trade up?

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Get ready for disappointment. Won't happen.

I won't be disappointed at all. I hate the idea of trading up. We need every pick we have. I just would not be surprised if Jerry does.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don't understand trading back in the first to acquire more picks, then using those picks to trade back up in the first. That makes absolutely no sense to me and several people have proposed it. BPA at 16 of ****.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I don't understand trading back in the first to acquire more picks, then using those picks to trade back up in the first. That makes absolutely no sense to me and several people have proposed it. BPA at 16 of ****.

Because guys might be a stretch at 16 because they are all equal, but they will be gone by 47. If you can get two guys at 26-34 then that is better than a reach at 16 and a drop off at 47. Obviously it depends on how the draft turns, but there seems to be a lot of guys grouped in the late 1st, early 2nd. Dallas is going to have 11+ draft picks and all those guys won't make the team. Why not use some picks to trade up and get quality over quantity?

ghst187

Reaction score
growing fearful that if we want Donald then we'll have to trade with StL again to move in front of the Bears, 3 spots. I'd trade up for Manziel. Outside of those guys, doesn't seem there are any indispensable players that don't have comparable versions that can be had later in the draft, esp in the positions we need. If anything, and if Donald is gone by 16, I'd seriously consider trading out of the first round completely this year if someone offered their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks. I'd love to have multiple picks in those rounds this year. Honestly, outside the top 5 or so this year, I don't feel like there is much of a drop off from the first to the third rounds. I expect there will be some stars from the middle and late rounds.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
growing fearful that if we want Donald then we'll have to trade with StL again to move in front of the Bears, 3 spots. I'd trade up for Manziel. Outside of those guys, doesn't seem there are any indispensable players that don't have comparable versions that can be had later in the draft, esp in the positions we need. If anything, and if Donald is gone by 16, I'd seriously consider trading out of the first round completely this year if someone offered their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks. I'd love to have multiple picks in those rounds this year. Honestly, outside the top 5 or so this year, I don't feel like there is much of a drop off from the first to the third rounds. I expect there will be some stars from the middle and late rounds.

I would love to have 2 picks around 26-35 if Donald is gone at 16. I think a lot of talent is grouped in the top 15, top 35 and then a bunch of guys seem similar through the 3rd round.