Trade Value Chart

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Question for any of the guys in the know.

Are teams adjusting this chart now based on the rookie wage scale?

Seems to me that the value of a 1st rnd pick would be much higher now than it was a couple of years ago due to the smaller contracts. Where as the contracts in the later rounds are not nearly as affected.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BlindFaith;4475980 said:
Question for any of the guys in the know.

Are teams adjusting this chart now based on the rookie wage scale?

Seems to me that the value of a 1st rnd pick would be much higher now than it was a couple of years ago due to the smaller contracts. Where as the contracts in the later rounds are not nearly as affected.

I would imagine so.

I even think that the old draft value chart has been adjusted the last few years...I think I read that somewhere.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The first overall pick used to be very tough to trade unless you had top flight QB coming out. The contract for that pick was crippling.

I can't believe the Raiders took JaMarcus Russell with the first overall pick. I knew he was a bust from day one, but I didn't think it would be on that level. The guy showed up to camp one year at 290lbs+ :loser: He is a freaking QB for god sake!!!

Signing him cost them $31M in guaranteed money I believe. Basically $1M for every game he played in or $87,570 per completion he made.

Damn.