Training Camp in Oxnard, CA

alby

Reaction score
What's up everyone?

Just wondering who will be attending this? I live in the LA area (Orange County), and I definitely plan on making a drive up there to watch this team practice for a couple of days. I can't wait. I'll post pictures and videos on here whenever possible.

Go Cowboys :starspin

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
thanks man. sounds great.

Have a great time. I wish I was going!

FCBarca

Reaction score
A buddy of mine and I are going to check out a couple of days of practices first week of August...Will be my first time, psyched

alby

Reaction score
FCBarca;2135941 said:
A buddy of mine and I are going to check out a couple of days of practices first week of August...Will be my first time, psyched
very nice... I'm thinking July 25-26 for me. Are you going to stay there or drive back and forth from LA?

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm in Orange County too, and I'll be there for at least a couple days... oh, and I also can't wait! :)

BoysFanInAustin

Reaction score
I'll be attending July 31 and August 1.....I will be staying in LA visiting some family and friends and probably drive back and forth.

alby

Reaction score
Nav22, nice to meet a fellow 'Boys fan here in the O.C. =]

BoysFanInAustin, my summer session doesn't end until the 30th of July. So, I'm rescheduling my plans to go to training camp on July 31st and August 1st as well.. Maybe see you there.

Go Cowboys

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Clove;2136110 said:
Can't wait till it comes back to Texas.

Even though it would be hotter than hades I wouldn't mind them having TC in the Rio Grande Valley. My inlaws live there so I wouldn't have to worry about a hotel. :laugh2:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say to Alby and Nav22 that Orange County Sucks.

Nav22

Reaction score
What about OC sucks?

The ridiculously awesome weather? The beaches? The hot women? The low crime-rate? The favorable location between LA and San Diego?

Or the fact that we're oh-so-close to Cowboys training camp this year and all OC Cowboy fans like myself will be in attendance?

You've gotta be more specific. ;)

Where do you happen to live?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Nav22;2137188 said:
What about OC sucks?

The ridiculously awesome weather? The beaches? The hot women? The low crime-rate? The favorable location between LA and San Diego?

Or the fact that we're oh-so-close to Cowboys training camp this year and all OC Cowboy fans like myself will be in attendance?

You've gotta be more specific. ;)

Where do you happen to live?

OC is entirely plastic and you have the same set of businesses everywhere. The place lacks a soul and has no character.

I grew up in LA - real LA. We hate OC on principle and nothing is going to change that.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2137115 said:
Even though it would be hotter than hades I wouldn't mind them having TC in the Rio Grande Valley. My inlaws live there so I wouldn't have to worry about a hotel. :laugh2:

I lived in McAllen for a while. It does get really, REALLY hot.

alby

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2137094 said:
are the fires in Cal, close to Oxnard?
I honestly don't know how close the fires are. The majority of the wildfires are in Northern California. A good 4-5 hours north of Oxnard, CA.

alby

Reaction score
abersonc;2137238 said:
OC is entirely plastic and you have the same set of businesses everywhere. The place lacks a soul and has no character.

I grew up in LA - real LA. We hate OC on principle and nothing is going to change that.
I'm not going to lie, Orange County, for the most part is pretty fake. But you have these bubble areas in every metropolitan area. I grew up in Plano, TX (North Dallas suburb) and I'm sure a lot of people on this board could tell you how fake/plastic/etc Plano was 5-10 years ago. With that being said, for a student going to school--Orange County, specifically Irvine is a great place because it's quiet and safe.

alby

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2137248 said:
My uncle and his family lives in McAllen.
1) it's extremely hot there, and I don't want my beloved 'Boys practicing in that heat =p
2) The valley has grown so fast, it's crazy (random, I know)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2137248 said:

I have been down there during the summer once and OMG I thought I was going to melt. I'm used to high 90's and 100 but that felt like spring time compared to the RGV.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
alby;2137260 said:
I'm not going to lie, Orange County, for the most part is pretty fake. But you have these bubble areas in every metropolitan area. I grew up in Plano, TX (North Dallas suburb) and I'm sure a lot of people on this board could tell you how fake/plastic/etc Plano was 5-10 years ago. With that being said, for a student going to school--Orange County, specifically Irvine is a great place because it's quiet and safe.

Irvine is safe. I'll give you that.

I was there a few months ago. Was I hallucinating or are there rabbits running around all over the place?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
alby;2137261 said:
My uncle and his family lives in McAllen.
1) it's extremely hot there, and I don't want my beloved 'Boys practicing in that heat =p
2) The valley has grown so fast, it's crazy (random, I know)

Yeagermeister;2137273 said:
I have been down there during the summer once and OMG I thought I was going to melt. I'm used to high 90's and 100 but that felt like spring time compared to the RGV.

Yep, it is very hot. Not as humid as Mississippi, where I now live... but just HOT. In Mississippi it feels hotter, if you can believe it. My first day in MS (August), I had a heat stroke and had to be hospitalized. 100% humidity.

I had lived around Dallas and in East Texas (Longview, Lufkin) before McAllen and frankly, didn't like The Valley as much as those areas.