Recap: Training Camp Practice Tweets - 08/02/14

jrumann59

Reaction score
Harris out there surprising his coach while Claiborne sits out AGAIN.

*mini rant*

I've never seen a more fragile player in my life. Claiborne milks injuries like no other. It's always one step forward, *time to relax*, two steps back. *** is wrong with this guy? He's missed an incredible amount of practice time his first 3 years. I never liked the trade, I'm starting to not like the player.

Yes because a sprained ankle is the same as a sprained knee.

Gameover

Reaction score
Webb is terrible!

I really thought Gardner could make the type impact that Mitchell is having. Hope he gets healthy soon.

Claiborne is the worst draft pick in franchise history. #wuss

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

*mini rant*

I've never seen a more fragile player in my life. Claiborne milks injuries like no other. It's always one step forward, *time to relax*, two steps back. *** is wrong with this guy? He's missed an incredible amount of practice time his first 3 years. I never liked the trade, I'm starting to not like the player.

I started at the other end but we are at about the same point. I was screaming at the TV to make the trade:mad: But Claiborne has to play hurt (not injured) to compete and he still seems to think he is protected bc of his draft status. I like his talent on the field as a big corner with good hips and speed but he has to toughen up; the team will likely choose bw Clai & Carr at the end of the season.

Zordon

Reaction score
Yes because a sprained ankle is the same as a sprained knee.

He said it himself, it was minor and he'd be ready for Saturday.

Harris' injury was serious enough where the coaches were willing to give him a day off but he surprised them by practicing the next day.

One is a dawg, the other a puppy.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I started at the other end but we are at about the same point. I was screaming at the TV to make the trade:mad: But Claiborne has to play hurt (not injured) to compete and he still seems to think he is protected bc of his draft status. I like his talent on the field as a big corner with good hips and speed but he has to toughen up; the team will likely choose bw Clai & Carr at the end of the season.

His draft status is only going to protect him for so long. He better step up this year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doug free looks pretty slim in that picture. I wonder if he worked on his core during this offseason. I think he is going to have another solid year and I am rooting for the guy again. Is it me or does Mitchell remind anyone else of Sherman? I see the same confidence and style of play.

I was really surprised he went so late in the draft. I guess it was due to a lack of recovery speed.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it me or does Mitchell remind anyone else of Sherman? I see the same confidence and style of play.
Style of play, yes. They have similar forty times and both had really good 3-cone times; however, Sherman is 6-3 and Mitchell is 5-11.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Style of play, yes. They have similar forty times and both had really good 3-cone times; however, Sherman is 6-3 and Mitchell is 5-11.

I thought he was a solid 6 foot.
Huh.
What a surprise to have this guy come in and really turn heads so quickly. I love it and hope he keeps the chip on his shoulder, his tackling is hard and sound and his hands get the ball every time it heads in his direction.

I don't think I'm asking for too much...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought he was a solid 6 foot.
Huh.
What a surprise to have this guy come in and really turn heads so quickly. I love it and hope he keeps the chip on his shoulder, his tackling is hard and sound and his hands get the ball every time it heads in his direction.

I don't think I'm asking for too much...

5'11-1/8"

I'm concerned that he's going to be a penalty magnet, especially with pass interference being a "point of emphasis" for the refs this year.

Wood

Reaction score
Anyone else concerned that Claiborne (at age of 24) already has chronic tendon issues with his knees that he says will need to be managed rest of his career?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
5'11-1/8"

I'm concerned that he's going to be a penalty magnet, especially with pass interference being a "point of emphasis" for the refs this year.

I agree with you there.
Especially this first year. He will get zero benefit of the doubt from the refs.

He needs to concentrate on perfecting his technique and that's most likely why we hear about Coach Henderson coaching him hard.
The guy's got something- he just needs all those rough edges ironed out.

Or at least de-wrinkled a bit.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He said it himself, it was minor and he'd be ready for Saturday.

Harris' injury was serious enough where the coaches were willing to give him a day off but he surprised them by practicing the next day.

One is a dawg, the other a puppy.

Is it possible the training staff is holding him back. I know football players are people but I am sure that even a hang nail has to be reported and they have to evaluate. Knees and Ankles two totally different joints that follow two toally different protocols.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

*mini rant*

I can't blame you.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Doug free looks pretty slim in that picture. I wonder if he worked on his core during this offseason. I think he is going to have another solid year and I am rooting for the guy again. Is it me or does Mitchell remind anyone else of Sherman? I see the same confidence and style of play.

never worried about the body; his problems have always been in the head.