Recap: Training Camp Tweets - 08/05/14

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Steven Van Over‏@StevenVanOver 3h
Rolondo McClain at #CowboysCamp today. Did AM walk thru. Not dressed for PM. Staying close to Special Teams coach Bisaccia.

David Helman‏@HelmanDC 3h
No pads for Ben Gardner today.
Church is padded up today.
Plan is still to bring in some new DBs. But right now the Cowboys have enough CBs at practice to run a 1st team nickel. And not much else.
Anthony Spencer is using the resistance cords. Which I feel like is more than I've seen him do in a long time.
False start on No. 68. That's 5 ... Free yards... for the defense.
Fans are trolling No. 62 Josh Aladenoye by yelling "DAVID ARKIN" at him in unison.

Rowan Kavner‏@KavnerDC 2h
Devin Street skies over Webb for a TD catch from Hanie. He said he'd be back today and is showing up pretty consistently

Charean Williams‏@NFLCharean 3h
Rolando McClain is not practicing. Had a hamstring Saturday and a quad/knee issue Sunday. Garrett says his injuries are short term.

Clarence Hill‏@clarencehilljr 2h
Cowboys have three healthy corners at practice. Scandrick. Webb and Mitchell. If I was a little younger I would suit up. #Badhamstrings
Cowboys had planned to sign a cb and safety before Patmon got hurt to play against Chargers. May need two corners now
Patmon appears to be coming back to practice. Head gear on. Back with DBS in drills
Scandrick jumped in front of Dez for a pick of Weeden. Scandrick no longer has the stone hands of past years. He is picking it off regularly
Terrance Mitchell with a really nice form tackle on Ryan Williams. Problem is, they're not supposed to be tackling to the ground.

Jon Machota‏@jonmachota 2h
Defense is without Jakar Hamilton, Mo Claiborne, Rolando McClain, George Selvie and Terrell McClain for today's practice
Orlando Scandrick intercepts Weeden in the end zone. Fan yells, "Where's Orton?"
DB coach Jerome Henderson playing safety pic.twitter.com/Ck9X01V6Ph

Rainer Sabin‏@RainerSabinDMN 2h
TE Jordan Najvar is doing work on the side.

Todd Archer‏@toddarcher 2h
Tyler Patmon now talking to athletic trainer Jim Maurer. Can't lose another corner although 2 could be added later today
Devin Street is not a natural punt returner. Trouble judging the depth of the kicks
Secondary so thin that assistant coach Jerome Henderson taking snaps
Practice ends a little early it seems

mike fisher‏@fishsports 1h
I tell #cowboys DB coach Jerome Henderson he's got his hands full w so few healthy CBs. 'More like my hands are empty,' he quips @1053thefan

Drew Davison‏@drewdavison 40m
#Cowboys S Jakar Hamilton (concussion) hopes to return to practice Saturday.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Terrance Mitchell with a really nice form tackle on Ryan Williams. Problem is, they're not supposed to be tackling to the ground."

Lol. Starting to like this player. Also like the stories of him cutting lines to get more reps.

RS12

Reaction score
Seems like Webb gets beat like a rented mule by everybody every practice.

morasp

Reaction score
I don't think people realize how bad Weeden is. He's going to make Orton look like an all-pro.

We got a lot of Browns games where I live and he was terrible. Indecisive, staring down his receiver, late with his delivery. When Hoyer got hurt he came in and the offense just sputtered, lucky to make a first down.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QB is now the only weakness on the offense, I'm going with 5-11:rolleyes:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think people realize how bad Weeden is. He's going to make Orton look like an all-pro.

If Romo can't play, I would prefer that they tank the season. I prefer a terrible backup QB for this season. They don't need another 8-8 season.

Jenky

Reaction score
If Romo can't play, I would prefer that they tank the season. I prefer a terrible backup QB for this season. They don't need another 8-8 season.

If Romo can't play for the whole season, you are probably right. But if Romo has to miss 4-5 games, I'd want as many Ws as possible and Weeden is a guy who has no business playing QB. Only time will tell. If he can't throw behind our o-line, he can't throw in the NFL period.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Romo can't play for the whole season, you are probably right. But if Romo has to miss 4-5 games, I'd want as many Ws as possible and Weeden is a guy who has no business playing QB. Only time will tell. If he can't throw behind our o-line, he can't throw in the NFL period.

The Cowboys only chance for a winning season is for the offense to dominate. If Romo is out for 5 games, that is highly unlikely to happen with any backup QB playing that many games.

manster4ever

Reaction score

I agree....he's brutal. But Orton didn't want to be here so we are boned. WHEN Romo goes down this season...and sadly, he will go down IMO, we are dead. Won't win one game after that.4-5 wins is probable this season. We need to put up BIG offensive numbers to offset our porous D...can't do it with Tony's back jacked up. Hope the Oline is all it's advertised to be. Gonna need to lean on them in a huge way.

Big D

Reaction score
Weeden just might end up playing more this season than Romo. I hate to say it but if we don't lean on the run game and continue to put everything on Tonys back (pun intended) he won't last long.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Romo has been out for most of the reps and Weeden has been taking the first team and some second team reps.

By all accounts, Dez is having a banner year to this point, Witten has looked good, Escobar shows signs of emerging and the WR have been all playing well..

i don't think that would happen if Weeden was bad. Weeden looks to have some issues with pocket presence. He has not gotten to the point where he can alternate going through his reads and seeing the rush. He is fixated downfield.

that is definitely a problem but we do have a very good blocking in front of him. If Rommo does go down for a couple games it is not going to be the end of the world. i also think people overvalue Orton's contributions which at best would be described as pedestrian. i think Weeden can drive the bus.