Twitter: Training Camp will be held in Frisco

HanD

Reaction score
They have two fields outside .

Inside they utilize both sides of the field with different units.
Right. I know they have outside fields, I'm sure Jerry's justification is the weather in Cali so the one indoor field would be less training area comparably.

Sydla

Reaction score
Camp starts in about 50 days or so.

I'm not sure how far in advance they need to make arrangements, but we are talking about the fallback being their own facility.

I'm just frustrated that people seem to feel the need to cancel things way down the road in an unprecedented situation.

It’s not easy to coordinate a training camp, etc.

It’s bizarre to me that people have an issue with this. It’s the smart move.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I 'm confused.

Why do they say the Rangers play well in the spring and fall but bad in the summer due to the summer heat..?

This will not hurt our training camp.?

:omg:

Baseball is different. By the time the dog days of summer has arrived a team has played more than half the season.

Football has training camp during this period. This develops endurance and stamina. It gets you in football shape faster.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This makes sense as a cost-cutting move if owners believe there's a strong possibility that games could be played with no fans in the stands

basically: why spend the money if game-day revenue will be limited

they have a contract with Oxnard.

obviously, they are breaking it.

wasn’t this the last year on their deal?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Baseball is different. By the time the dog days of summer has arrived a team has played more than half the season.

Football has training camp during this period. This develops endurance and stamina. It gets you in football shape faster.
Really?

I played HS football in Dallas off Marsh Ln out by Loos Stadium.

and we did 2 a days in August.

I played both ways, TE and LBer.

I distinctly remembered those dog days.

You sure about what you are saying?

The Star is indoors so that helps some.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So sorry to hear that was the decision. The Texas heat is sure to make our TC tough to handle.

Whether they're able to manage to make the best of it remains to be seen. Good luck with that.

oxnard has the two grass fields. It’s clearly an advantage for the team to be in CA.

the virus is the problem.

we may not be allowed to watch camp at all this Summer.

sad news.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Ford Center is an absolute state of the art facility.
WAY better than the facilities in Oxnard. Cant match the Cali weather though

Ford Center
  • 1 main indoor field with turf similar to Jerry World
  • 1 full size immaculate outdoor grass field
  • 1 full size outdoor field turf field
  • The NFLs best fitness training center with everything imaginable
  • Multiple video study rooms with all sizes of screens and hardware...
  • Sports trainers complex for-rehab, etc

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nothing to do with Jerry, its not outdated jeez they had it in Thousand oaks then Oxnard ever since the beginning ..its called tradition it made sense to get more work in a less harsh environment.. if they wanted to get them in shape they have it outside in Texas summer given most of the stadiums were outside that makes sense, now that they are inside it doesnt matter.,,

yes also great marketing having your SW Fans get s taste of their team PLUS you can play the cali teams in scrmmages and early PS Games..

absolutely make a lot of sense..add that players outside their own homes and beds with normal life and friends with distractions makes sense, focus on team building and all football..

im gald they will here but always pointing back to Jerry as some underlying issue of all thongs is old..

Jerry has 3 sbs
I was talking about the old days with Landry, not Jerry. Relax.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
oxnard has the two grass fields. It’s clearly an advantage for the team to be in CA.

the virus is the problem.

we may not be allowed to watch camp at all this Summer.

sad news.

I'm not giving up on it until I hear they've cancelled it.

They've still got it scheduled is my understanding. :)

In any case, I guess anything can happen. We'll see.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Years ago, when the Cowboys trained in Wichita Falls, the players, themselves, stated they were more concerned with their survival than they were in terms of getting familiar with their duties. Of course, the season that followed wasn't anything to get excited about. Hopefully, things won't be overly comparable to the TC we had that year. I'm sure some you guys remember that one! Players were going down by the numbers. 105+ every day. :eek:
Yup, I remember that.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
nothing to do with Jerry, its not outdated jeez they had it in Thousand oaks then Oxnard ever since the beginning ..its called tradition it made sense to get more work in a less harsh environment.. if they wanted to get them in shape they have it outside in Texas summer given most of the stadiums were outside that makes sense, now that they are inside it doesnt matter.,,

yes also great marketing having your SW Fans get s taste of their team PLUS you can play the cali teams in scrmmages and early PS Games..

absolutely make a lot of sense..add that players outside their own homes and beds with normal life and friends with distractions makes sense, focus on team building and all football..

im gald they will here but always pointing back to Jerry as some underlying issue of all thongs is old..

Jerry has 3 sbs
This has nothing to do with fans.

It's clearly to control the virus exposure.

I highly doubt the team is going to be hosting fans.

Just testing daily is time consuming and repeated nasal swabbing is expensive.

The Cowboys are not going to do that. I just don't see it.

I am in a hospital again waiting for an elective surgery. I have been here now for 2 months plus waiting.

Last week the CDC came to the hospital. They decided everybody had to be tested.

The nurse came dressed from head to toe in plastic over gowns and a huge face guard. She takes a long swab and you roll your head back and they take the sample.

Then they radio the sample number of the test tube along with your name and SS# to their truck outside that records the info.

It's a bit spooky. You know they are serious. They ain't playing around.

We just got the results back and supposedly we are clean here..200 patients and 100 staff.

The nurses come in and talk to me about what is happening. They are concerned they could carry it in the hospital. Nobody wants that issue.

Can't blame them

So be careful and safe.