Training Camp will be very interesting this year.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Fasano could have been a 50 catch, six TD-guy on another team, but here he will just be regarded as a second-round depth guy, similar to Burnett, who is unfortunately being used in that capacity. Play Burnett!

I would have taken Mcneil damnit.

2much2soon

Reaction score
stasheroo;1488191 said:
Good point about Crayton, it wouldn't shock me either. I've seen reports that the team had received some offers for him near draft time.

And if they feel they have young players under longer-term deals, they may trade Crayton before he hits free agency.

I've felt that Rector was a good player who just needed more of a chance.

I'd be really surprised to see Crayton go anywhere.
If one of the, ahem, seniors goes down does Dallas really want to put a Hurd/Austin/Rector out there and have to depend on them as the #2 guy? With one of the others as the #3 guy?
I can't see how that would be a good thing.
And how about the potential of Glenn retiring after next year and TO not being re-upped? At least you can resign Crayton and be 1/3 of the way into rebuilding your receiving core with a player you know and has proven himself.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
BouncingCheese;1488625 said:
Fasano could have been a 50 catch, six TD-guy on another team, but here he will just be regarded as a second-round depth guy,
Have to agree, this team has a great deal of talent. But what strikes me most about the original post is how much continuity there will be on offense. That can only be a good thing, though they are learning a new offense.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Good stuff. Good thread. :)

Mostly, I just want to see the energy the defense plays with...I am assuming with this style of defense and with a coach who doesn't have as heavy a hand...and with the focus being on causing mistakes for the opposing offense rather than not making mistakes on our defense, this group should be a lot of fun to watch.

sago1

Reaction score
With a new head coach, TC will bring more changes then if we had stayed with Parcells. Wade has his own way of doing things and what he's looking for in players to match up against his system. Some of Parcells "pet cats" may be in trouble. Also the move to SA will provide more opportunity for the media and Cowboy fans to atend/write up lots more of this info we can't get enough of.

Only problem is TC is still soooooo farrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaawwwaaay. Jeez, I can hardly wait 6 more days until next week's minicamp so we can see our rookies together--except for Stanbach who staying back home to rehab & maybe Anderson whose wife due on May 15.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I really do not see any Pet Cats of BPs that are under threat. He really did not have that many of them,anyway. Fasano is a good backup to Witten; Carpenter could very well move inside and beat out James; and Ferguson and Both Glenns are not going anywhere while healthy. Just who else is a pet cat?

Angus

Reaction score
burmafrd;1488777 said:
I really do not see any Pet Cats of BPs that are under threat. He really did not have that many of them,anyway. Fasano is a good backup to Witten; Carpenter could very well move inside and beat out James; and Ferguson and Both Glenns are not going anywhere while healthy. Just who else is a pet cat?

McQuistan?

But I think McQuistan will be a good player.

:rolleyes: