Training Staff

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Who the heck runs our training staff? I have never seen so many injuries and not just serious ones but little nagging injuries pop up during a season? Is this some thing that has followed Wade Phillips around or is this a staff we have had in place for some time?

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Jim Maurer---Dallas Cowboys---Head Athletic Trainer
Britt Brown---Dallas Cowboys---Associate Athletic Trainer
Greg Gaither---Dallas Cowboys---Assistant Athletic Trainer

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2434269 said:
Who the heck runs our training staff? I have never seen so many injuries and not just serious ones but little nagging injuries pop up during a season? Is this some thing that has followed Wade Phillips around or is this a staff we have had in place for some time?

its not training staff fault...it lies at the feet of marshmallow man for his weak training camps and lack of conditioning.................

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I hate to be cliche....but it's the NFL. Like Forrest Gump even figured out, **** happens.

We were extremely lucky last year with not having to face these type of situations. How teams deal with it is what matters most.

It sucks for sure, but I think we can and will overcome this "bug".

Rudy

Reaction score
Even though the roster looks like it - this isn't Madden. More expensive training staff's do not prevent injuries and improve recovery times.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2434288 said:
I hate to be cliche....but it's the NFL. Like Forrest Gump even figured out, **** happens.

We were extremely lucky last year with not having to face these type of situations. How teams deal with it is what matters most.

:hammer:

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Rudy;2434352 said:
Even though the roster looks like it - this isn't Madden. More expensive training staff's do not prevent injuries and improve recovery times.

What if our players eat mushrooms like these: http://img242.*************/img242/3136/mariomushroomvp7.gif, will they increase in size?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2434288 said:

Bug? 19 friggin athletes injured at one time or another. 19.

You're right. It's how teams deal with the injuries. We don't. Wonder why?

Seven

Reaction score
dbair1967;2434469 said:
Its called bad luck, period, end of story.

Bad luck as in 19 injuries or we don't have jack for back-up's? Super secret double bad luck?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Seven;2434477 said:
Bad luck as in 19 injuries or we don't have jack for back-up's? Super secret double bad luck?

Bad luck on injuries, no question.

As for the lack of production by the backups, not many teams could sustain all the losses we have to key guys and still be really good. When you combine that with atrocious special teams and a general lack of quality coaching on a week to week basis, you get what we see.

cowboyed

Reaction score
The same staff that was vaunted when we had 2 years of relatively free injuries. Besides pulls or sprains players roll on each other, smash themselves to a pulp, get chopped, flipped, sliced and diced. Maybe you should make your beef with the Creator.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ajk23az;2434272 said:
Jim Maurer---Dallas Cowboys---Head Athletic Trainer
Britt Brown---Dallas Cowboys---Associate Athletic Trainer
Greg Gaither---Dallas Cowboys---Assistant Athletic Trainer
Aren't those the same guys that kept us virtully injury free the last two years?

Seven

Reaction score
cowboyed;2434487 said:
The same staff that was vaunted when we had 2 years of relatively free injuries.

And a coach that was dead serious concerning conditioning. All the way down to you're fat, you don't play. You run.

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
I said it in another thread, I think the problem lies with the team doctors not the traning staff. Look at Koiser, Newman, possibly Roy(biscut) and Felix. I think they were cleared to come back too soon, which while the training staff may have input, it is proabably the team doctors who have final say whether a player is cleared to fully come back.

Seven

Reaction score
CowboysFan02;2434584 said:
I said it in another thread, I think the problem lies with the team doctors not the traning staff. Look at Koiser, Newman, possibly Roy(biscut) and Felix. I think they were cleared to come back too soon, which while the training staff may have input, it is proabably the team doctors who have final say whether a player is cleared to fully come back.

Could be..............

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
dbair1967;2434469 said:
Its called bad luck, period, end of story.
:hammer: Over the 5 years I would be willing to be we have been one of the healthiest teams in the league. It's a contact sport eventually injuries were going to hit us.

Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with the training staff, every team in the NFL suffers injuries, part of the game dude... It's up to the remaining players to man up and still win!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Human beings are so fickle. Always looking to blame someone. Gotta be someone's fault right?