Transcripts from the NFL hearing released - Bombshells

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
They dropped a few bombshells but the biggest was that the DA waited until 5 days before the jury trial to turn over a recording from March of Nicole. In it she admits that Sammy Curtis caused the bruises on her arms by restraining her. At the bench trial she concocts some story about a necklace and Greg slamming the toilet lid on her arm several times that caused those injuries.

When Hardy's lawyers called a conference with the Court to get an explanation for this blatant misconduct they were stalled. Then the DA came up with story of not being able to find her and told the defense that they would be dropping the charges.

https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/2...llow_share=true&escape=false&view_mode=scroll

There are so many other bits of gold in the transcripts. I would say that my initial thoughts were correct and the defense couldn't wait to go to trial. There were some beauties about the bench trial and Judge Tin as well. His lawyers basically said a bench trial was jury of one and if they had allowed Judge Tin to be a real juror they would be sued for malpractice because she is so biased. They only played along because it was a free look at the evidence and the DA's case. They would have just plead guilty in a normal case but they knew that would harm Hardy in the press and with the NFL. They had a slim hope it would all end that day but they had only been provided the police reports and a couple other small files before hand.

How they came up with 10 games after this hearing shows how uninterested in the truth they were. They were worried about the impact of the photos and afraid of getting the backlash they got from the RRice case. It is easy to go hard on the DV defendant. It takes a lot more effort to get to the truth and to defend a weird guy like Hardy.

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
This was obvious misconduct by the DAs office. They withheld the recording where she told police that she couldn't even remember how she was bruised.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Page 90 sums it up pretty well

12246984_1197738436909169_5418011406249115752_n.jpg

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Funny how Diana Moskovitz leaves this out.

She is officially dead to me.

Thanks for the highlights.

YR

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How they came up with 10 games after this hearing shows how uninterested in the truth they were. They were worried about the impact of the photos and afraid of getting the backlash they got from the RRice case. It is easy to go hard on the DV defendant. It takes a lot more effort to get to the truth and to defend a weird guy like Hardy.

:hammer:

Nice job . Really nice job.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
They dropped a few bombshells but the biggest was that the DA waited until 5 days before the jury trial to turn over a recording from March of Nicole. In it she admits that Sammy Curtis caused the bruises on her arms by restraining her. At the bench trial she concocts some story about a necklace and Greg slamming the toilet lid on her arm several times that caused those injuries.

When Hardy's lawyers called a conference with the Court to get an explanation for this blatant misconduct they were stalled. Then the DA came up with story of not being able to find her and told the defense that they would be dropping the charges.

https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/2...llow_share=true&escape=false&view_mode=scroll

There are so many other bits of gold in the transcripts. I would say that my initial thoughts were correct and the defense couldn't wait to go to trial. There were some beauties about the bench trial and Judge Tin as well. His lawyers basically said a bench trial was jury of one and if they had allowed Judge Tin to be a real juror they would be sued for malpractice because she is so biased. They only played along because it was a free look at the evidence and the DA's case. They would have just plead guilty in a normal case but they knew that would harm Hardy in the press and with the NFL. They had a slim hope it would all end that day but they had only been provided the police reports and a couple other small files before hand.

I made the comment before he was signed that his lawyer wanted a free pass and used the NC system to his advantage. The bench trial occurred before all the Ray Rice stuff. I always wondered if Fialko would have taken the same strategy had this been after the Ray Rice video. It was the absolutley the right lawyer strategy, but in retrospect the Rice incident burned Hardy since there was a conviction there.

NIce find. Too bad this thread will die with without much noise and 90% of the people wont read through the doc

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I made the comment before he was signed that his lawyer wanted a free pass and used the NC system to his advantage. The bench trial occurred before all the Ray Rice stuff. I always wondered if Fialko would have taken the same strategy had this been after the Ray Rice video. It was the absolutley the right lawyer strategy, but in retrospect the Rice incident burned Hardy since there was a conviction there.

NIce find. Too bad this thread will die with without much noise and 90% of the people wont read through the doc

Even the NFL lawyers weren't familiar with NC kooky bench trial laws. They wondered why Judge Tin wasn't removed because of her inherent biases. The didn't realize she is the only judge that handles misdemeanor abuse cases.

I have been trying to explain this point for months. People say Hardy was convicted and it was only overturned on appeal. But this system is nothing like most people and lawyers are used to. Pleading guilty would have had the same negative effect and they never would have had the transcripts or a record to compare new evidence with.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Another huge point of contention was Greg's call to the police. Nicole is heard apologizing and saying she didn't want to go to jail. She was being restrained by Sammy Curtis and she pleads with him to let her go. She even tries biting him. She says she will stop and she will leave. Greg finally agrees and Nicole walks out the door.

And what does she immediately do? She calls and texts Greg 16 times before leaving the building. When she finally does leave she notices two police cars. Does she run to safety? No, she turns and runs the other way.

The stuff about Nelly wasn't really true either. It is true she dated him but it was after Hardy broke up with her and he was happy she was off his back. She had reached Level5 clinger status and the biggest mistake Greg made was the occasional post break up booty call after Nelly dropped her. Those didn't even happen at his place. She would come down from work and hook up with him in the garage and then go back to work. Hardy claimed the argument started that night because Nicole thought Greg was interested in another girl, nothing about a Nelly song.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I just read the whole thing, thanks again for posting it. A couple of thoughts, there are bombshells like you said. As if it wasn't obvious before, this is further proof the story played out like we thought. This the first time you have a transcript of Holder on the 911 call saying "I don't want to go to jail".

Also its the usual lawyer histrionics to say the DA committed malpractice by withholding exculpatory evidence but its basically true. The DA should have spent more time on this case in the very beginning and dropped it then instead of letting go to the Bench Trial, but that takes effort and a small supply of guts. Hence, it didn't happen.

One thing I changed my mind on, what I read before was that Hardy's attorneys denied there was a settlement. Reading this I think Hardy's attorneys were too clever by half of deflecting the question without answering it, leaving everyone in the room thinking he had. Now I'm thinking he probably did giver a settlement, but Hardy's attorneys would have served him much better by saying "Yes, we gave her 100K to go away because it cheaper than going through a Civil Trial and no one wants to drag Hardy and the NFL through the mud in a case like that". They should have just said that instead of spending so much time deflecting the question.

Kaiser

Reaction score

Exactly, anyone reading this transcript and knowing Hardy had already been suspended would think the NFL would either not suspend him or do some minor penalty. Instead what they did was give him a penalty that was five times the penalty on the books by citing each allegation rather than the incident itself.

Kaiser

Reaction score
And what does she immediately do? She calls and texts Greg 16 times before leaving the building. When she finally does leave she notices two police cars. Does she run to safety? No, she turns and runs the other way.

And even then, they had to chase her to catch her and it was 30 minutes before she would talk to them.

Someone should send this to the DFW reporters like Evan Grant, who constantly makes Twitter references supporting the ESPN dramatics on this. Its amazing that none of the Cowboys beat reporters have read more than a few paragraphs about the case.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
And even then, they had to chase her to catch her and it was 30 minutes before she would talk to them.

Someone should send this to the DFW reporters like Evan Grant, who constantly makes Twitter references supporting the ESPN dramatics on this. Its amazing that none of the Cowboys beat reporters have read more than a few paragraphs about the case.

wrong adjective

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I just read the whole thing, thanks again for posting it. A couple of thoughts, there are bombshells like you said. As if it wasn't obvious before, this is further proof the story played out like we thought. This the first time you have a transcript of Holder on the 911 call saying "I don't want to go to jail".

Also its the usual lawyer histrionics to say the DA committed malpractice by withholding exculpatory evidence but its basically true. The DA should have spent more time on this case in the very beginning and dropped it then instead of letting go to the Bench Trial, but that takes effort and a small supply of guts. Hence, it didn't happen.

One thing I changed my mind on, what I read before was that Hardy's attorneys denied there was a settlement. Reading this I think Hardy's attorneys were too clever by half of deflecting the question without answering it, leaving everyone in the room thinking he had. Now I'm thinking he probably did giver a settlement, but Hardy's attorneys would have served him much better by saying "Yes, we gave her 100K to go away because it cheaper than going through a Civil Trial and no one wants to drag Hardy and the NFL through the mud in a case like that". They should have just said that instead of spending so much time deflecting the question.

Reading their reactions to the badgering I thought 'thou doth protest too much' but it did prove their point. Instead of focusing on the exculpatory evidence that was hidden for months, the NFL team just wanted to talk about a possible settlement.

Either way, anyone that points to a settlement as proof of his guilt is as full of it as the DA. He knows he blew a terrible case because of one the worst witnesses in history but he couldn't bring himself to admit they got it wrong. I know prosecutors never do that but the CYA with the settlement talk was a low blow.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Plus the fact that she went crazy in public two days before the big night is lost on everyone. She threw a temper tantrum in front of her coworkers and security and couldn't be controlled. She damaged his car when he tried to leave and threatened to kill herself if he left her and only let him pass when the cops were called.

These are the same exact things Hardy said she did at his house, with other people present. He had multiple witnesses, video and a 911 call to back him up and he still was blamed. He has never been arrested, has no violence in his past with men or women, his mother was a cop and his father was a disciplinarian. Yet we are supposed to believe that out the blue he decided to throw his whole life away on a whim, the night before a practice when he didn't want anything to do with the people going out or partying at his place.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Either way, anyone that points to a settlement as proof of his guilt is as full of it as the DA. He knows he blew a terrible case because of one the worst witnesses in history but he couldn't bring himself to admit they got it wrong. I know prosecutors never do that but the CYA with the settlement talk was a low blow.

Exactly, that is the worst part of the whole thing. Hardy literally hid from Holder and called 911 and this will follow him his entire life because the DA was so pathetic. In a major city the DA would have done their homework on the case, dropped it without filing charges and answered the press questions. But we see what happens in Charlotte.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Another huge point of contention was Greg's call to the police. Nicole is heard apologizing and saying she didn't want to go to jail. She was being restrained by Sammy Curtis and she pleads with him to let her go. She even tries biting him. She says she will stop and she will leave. Greg finally agrees and Nicole walks out the door.

The stuff about Nelly wasn't really true either. It is true she dated him but it was after Hardy broke up with her and he was happy she was off his back. She had reached Level5 clinger status and the biggest mistake Greg made was the occasional post break up booty call after Nelly dropped her. Those didn't even happen at his place. She would come down from work and hook up with him in the garage and then go back to work. Hardy claimed the argument started that night because Nicole thought Greg was interested in another girl, nothing about a Nelly song.

She also ran *from* police. When they got there, she ran away from them and she only stopped after they told her for the 3rd time to stop.

It is now becoming more obvious that she attacked Hardy with that shoe and didn't want to get arrested and that's why she was apologizing and saying she didn't want to go to jail and....ran from the cops instead of running towards the cops.

But, I'm sure somebody will spin this as the cops being the bad guys and that is why she ran or something like that.

YR

KB1122

Reaction score
Yeah, it's so unfortunate for Hardy that Holder beat herself up and dragged herself around the room.

links18

Reaction score
Funny how people get all pro-defendant rights when its a football player for there favorite team.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny how people get all pro-defendant rights when its a football player for there favorite team.

You have to admit, there's a lot that not consistent in every version of this story. If she's really in the background of the 911 call saying she doesn't want to be arrested, that's a fairly relevant tidbit that's not been widely reported.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What happened in North Carolina was unfortunate but I hope no one believes the judicial system is only flawed there. There are zero states with perfect court systems. Some prosecutors and judges are thorough and follow both the letter and the spirit of the law but all do not. Justice is sometimes victimized for the sake of convictions.

Domestic abuse, like all allegations and crimes, should be investigated thoroughly. Time constraints, etc. are poor and unjust excuses for levying punishment. The photographs should have sparked more intense scrutiny of what actually happened in this particular case. All of the documented bruising, with the exception of the chin and foot, were borderline 1st degree in severity. Even I, a novice, have seen enough bruise-related trauma on patients' bodies from accidental and intentional violent encounters over the years to be somewhat suspicious of that particular evidence.

Question: Does the transcript indicate whether Judge Tin solely evaluated the photographic evidence of the injuries of both parties? Or did the state present expert medical testimony to the severity and probability of attainment concerning the injures incurred?